• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard Forum Overhaul - The direction of things to come

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, so after reviewing all the stickied posts on the bard forum ive decided to invest some time and update things.

im thinking that its high time we had a full FAQ with all things from A to Z listed THAT WAS UPDATED, not that things have changed much over the last 12 years....... right.

i know this wont effect most of us who play here as we are all old hats at the barding game but it will help out the new players and well heck it will make us look new and fresh and like we know what we are doing, hehe.

so im gonna mix and match the posts above, pretty them up some and try to get a nice overall FAQ done up.

in the end im thinking that was will probablly have 2 to 3 stickies.

1 - bard FAQ (everything anyone needs to know)
2 - the template and tactics sticky - cause it rocks
3 - the disco primer - just cause its been resurected so many times and so many people have added to it in both its old and current form that it seems like we would lose some of the history of the forum if we killed it.

so, thats the direction that we are gonna be moving too, again, wont effect 99% of us here at the Tavern that we call the bard forum, but it will be like a fresh new paint job on the stickies.

again, forward any suggestions to the FAQ that you would like to see put in.

im thinking of adding the following

1) instraments walk through - from NPC to flavored GM made to slayer
2) skills (all 4 - what they do and such)
3) where to buy, where to train
4) barding tools (barding calculator and barding difficulty animal list, plus the calculation used to figure them out)
5) importing Liah's 4xGM bard notes for a beginers walk through.

ill be working at this time permiting over the next month here and hope to have it up as soon as possible.
i will take a bit of time and talk to a few of the reporters as id like to put it up all pretty like with pics and nice text like some of the reporters do when they put up stories, and for that i think i need to use a different program, but ill look into it.

cheers!
Poo

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be awesome Poo.

If you need help with anything just post it here and i guess most of the oldtimers will help ya out(like if it was something you didntknow about barding;) )

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i fully plan on canablizing (sp) what i can from what is allready here and just making it look nice and fancy.

if anyone can think of anything else we should add just post it here.

O

Old Man of UO

I really like how Petra Fyde handled the templates for the Tamer Forum. Instead of long list of postings, she made a nice summary with little insets of each for a nice quick review. How about something like that for the Bard templates? Of course, a link from here to there would be nice rather than searching the main page for it.

On another thought... players ask for price checks. The value of an item depends on which shard the item is on. Then someone else has to ask "which shard are you on?" Saves the trouble.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i had thought of of setting it up one of 2 ways.

the first like you said, with points and bullets so people could just scroll down and find what they want and leave, boom they are in and gone.

then i thought maybe a little more time investment and get ahold of a reporter and get the program they use, add some pictures, write it up with a little story line and make it fun and yet still have the info set out in a orderlly fashion.

i guess it all really depends on how much time one wants to invest in it, specially considering that stuff changes over years and will have to be eventually updated.

and 2ndlly it will depend if i can get my hands on the program the stratics reporters use to make up thier stories.

O

Old Man of UO

i had thought of of setting it up one of 2 ways.

the first like you said, with points and bullets so people could just scroll down and find what they want and leave, boom they are in and gone.

then i thought maybe a little more time investment and get ahold of a reporter and get the program they use, add some pictures, write it up with a little story line and make it fun and yet still have the info set out in a orderlly fashion.

i guess it all really depends on how much time one wants to invest in it, specially considering that stuff changes over years and will have to be eventually updated.

and 2ndlly it will depend if i can get my hands on the program the stratics reporters use to make up thier stories.
Set it up like the first... click on each template picture to get the story... have it both ways! This lets you add the extra content as time allows.