• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barbed runic sewing kit vs Heartwood Carpentry tool

M

MrMiagi

Which produces better armor? What's the difference? Other than the 14 million gold price difference that is, barbed kits costing 2m and heartwood carpentry tools costing 16m. Is it because the carpentry tool produces better armor or because of something else?

Might want to note i'm in need of some armor with high physical/fire resist mana regen and LMC, since bloodwood gives high base physical/fire, would I get better results out with some bloodwood armor crafted by a heartwood tool?

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

The special woods make the heartwood saw unique when crafting armor. For example you can make a HCI suit with MR2, or HPR 4 MR2. Properties stack using a runic saw.

K

Kith Kanan

wood armor = no med and elf only , but it can produce some seriously uber armor pieces

M

MrMiagi

Any type of wood material can give HCI? What's the most a single piece can give?

G

the difference in the price is that the heartwood saw is a tons and tons harder to get than getting a barbed runic kit.

Very few people have the time/effort it takes to make the items and turn them in for even the chance to get runic saws, it not guaranteed that you will ever get one, there is the effect of the rng each time you complete the quest in heartwood. versus once you get the large and smalls need for a BRK once filled you will get the kit upon turn in.

G

The only heartwood saw I got came pretty fast doing footstools, then none since.

Made some uber sweet staves with it (still have the saw itself with 1 charge left as a deco piece now), but that was LONG before Arms Lore changes went into effect.

I'd love to get a couple more to play with Arms Lore changes though.

B

BadManiac

Because getting a heartwood runic is very nearly impossible, and rely entirely on the utterly flawed UO random number generator. Sewing kits are comparatively easy to get, and you can get them consistently through BODs. I know several people who paid their accounts by getting brsk BODs and selling for gold. You could NOT do that with heartwood kits.

I recently tried to get a good runic fletching kit, 155000 boards, 4 days and all I got in the end were one bottom end oak kit.

M

MrMiagi

Ok, but let's take my unique situation, I need a piece of armor with specific stats, it could be made either through tailoring runics or carpentry runics, the only difference is I need quite high physical and huge fire on this piece, otherwise it doesn't fit into my suit. If you make wooden armor from bloodwood it gets a base minimum of 3 physical 8 fire resist. Wouldn't this mean I have a better chance of getting the piece I want if it's crafted with bloodwood via carpentry? Hmm, I suppose I haven't accounted that the best carpentry runic only makes 4 properties, barbed tailor runics can have 5...