• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Banned/Suspended?

S

SNV10

I have a question about banned or suspended accounts. If you get banned or suspended will you ever get your account back now or is there a limited time period you'll be suspended for like it's always been?

.....Curious.

You all respond to dumb threads but never help people with questions?
>.>

G

I'm pretty sure that for some infractions previously people were informed of how long they were being banned for - eg if it was a temporary ban for a period of days.

If a timeframe is no longer given, then I would imagine that means a ban is permanent. I know that the devs are trying to crack down hard on players that consistently flout the TOS - particularly scammers and for these, its a permanent ban.

I'd suggest asking one of the devs next time you see them at the Town Hall.

And just a fyi to anyone thinking of posting in this thread, it is against the stratics ROC to discuss actions taken against yours or any other named EA-Land/TSO account. You can talk in general about bans and suspensions, but please do not mention specifics.

Polly

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

I really just know of nowhere that lists what the penalties are. Unless someone has been suspended or banned from the game, or knows someone who has, they won't have any idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have a question about banned or suspended accounts. If you get banned or suspended will you ever get your account back now or is there a limited time period you'll be suspended for like it's always been?

.....Curious.

&gt;.&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Sorry.

My only advice to you is to use this as a learning experience, and to follow the rules in whatever game you choose to play next.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

.....Curious.

&gt;.&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Sorry.

My only advice to you is to use this as a learning experience, and to follow the rules in whatever game you choose to play next.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree parizad
thumbs up. teach them all a lesson!

S

SNV10

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

.....Curious.

&gt;.&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't even talking about myself being banned. And that response didn't really help? If you get banned, you're banned forever? If so, that's REALLY unreasonable....

G

Why is it unreasonable? The TOS aren't really that hard to follow, thousands have been doing it successfully for 5 or more years.

If someone can't follow the terms of service and ends up getting their account banned, it seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Polly

C

Carter'

B-A-N-N-E-D MEANS YOU ARE GONE FOR GOOD LEARN SOME MANNERS WOULD YA?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wasn't even talking about myself being banned. And that response didn't really help? If you get banned, you're banned forever? If so, that's REALLY unreasonable....

[/ QUOTE ]Their game, their rules. It happens in real life to people who are disruptive in privately-owned public venues.

With the very real possibility of permanent banishment, hopefully this will provide incentive for people to follow the rules by which they agreed to abide when they signed up for the service.

K

krazykara

Being banned is obvious that it would be permanent.
Being suspended I bet they would tell you why and for how long.
Depending on what offense you have done they are going to tell you and deal out the punishment accordingly.

I have noticed times have changed with this game and what would get you suspended when TSO first came out won't now.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

&gt;.&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, because its obvious that banned is permanent, and suspended is temporary.

G

I find it incredibly hilarious when people get banned.

Like I literally sit here and

My two rules in online life and/or real life.

1) Don't break the rules.
2) When breaking the rules is necessary and/or more fun... don't get caught.

L

legal1lpn

<blockquote><hr>

I find it incredibly hilarious when people get banned.

Like I literally sit here and

My two rules in online life and/or real life.

1) Don't break the rules.
2) When breaking the rules is necessary and/or more fun... don't get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to say the same thing...only with a bit of a twist: Don't break the blasted rules and you won't have to worry about getting caught!

S

Shyanne1

Just have that person call customer service and ask. You could call too. Noone on here can help you unless we know what the offense is (and no I don't want to know) That's why you keep getting what you call "stupid answers". Just call. It would of been less time than you waiting for an answer, which if we really answered it would be against SOS rules.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't violate the rules and you won't need to worry.