• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Banned From Toontown

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I got a 72 hour ban on my toontown account for swearing. Why does it amtter if I swear its not like everyone can hear me only my true friends. It would have been nice of them to at least give me a warning because I could have easily stopped swearing. Just a little angry at Disney :p

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They do have little tolerance on swearing or anything listed in the Terms of Service. Basically that is your warning.

When using True Friends chat you may not: use obscene, racist, ethnically offensive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable language, nor may you use misspelling or alternative and abbreviated spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above
So next time you just need to be like "What the lolly Bob, you are really being a big jelly bean tonight!" :p

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol yea I know. If I would have known that they would suspend me I could have easily stopped it. Three days seems so long! Im too addicted to ToonTown :p

S

SSniffleslam

Not trying to be snarky or anything, but DUH! use your common sense - It's a game designed for children - no cussing around the kiddies. And if you have no common sense, read your TOS - it's ALWAYS in the fine print. Just MHO.

S

Sarcatstic

Whos a "big jelly bean"?..

Designed for children huh? The kiddies hang out in central talking trash to each other, you should go listen to what they have to say........LOL

(Disney's pirate game just came out with a auto ban for using cussing, im sure that will take care of alot of problems when they bring it to toontown)

S

SSniffleslam

OK, OK - Designed for the kiddies - in theory of course!

And I've been in TTC when those goofballs go on a trash talking rant, and I think it's hilarious, stupid, and pointless, but if that's what they want to do, I could care less - and if they get caught cursing, then ban them. If you can't say what you need to say without cursing, then you're just showing off your idiocy.

C

Cherri Bear

So next time you just need to be like "What the lolly Bob, you are really being a big jelly bean tonight!" :p[/QUOTE]

:D Haha!! I love it!! You have such a way with words!! :danceb:

A

alisagrace86

haha i got suspended before and since i'm so addicted to toontown that's how i got my 4 accounts ROFL

S

Squeaker

Knock on wood... still never been suspended. About a month ago, my darling daughter received her first warning (on our newest account). That was fun! But, we do have multiple accounts.. just in case! Just learn to vent in IM (sorry for that guys!) or aloud (sorry everyone in the house).

Z

ZippyW

I'm always a little baffled by someone getting banned. I've played for 2 years now, though not near as much as I used to, and I've never even received a warning. What is there to cuss about? I play TT to have some brain relaxation that has nothing to do with real life stuff, so I can't imagine getting furious enough to start cussing about something.

S

Squeaker

She got a warning for trying to use IM... funny kid. Since she was on her child's account, they sent me the transcript automatically - really cute actually. But, I agree, no cussing allowed. I will often get frustrated in the middle of something but then I just leave the computer after or just play with people I know. Like the CJ I just did with a few griefers. I may even remember their names this time and not do it again.

But, since I am a bit annoyed with TT, I just finished what I was doing, came here, and now off to finish cooking dinner.

C

Crazy Fireball

I Dont know if this work or disney's just getting stupid, but one time i said "Oh Sh**! That thunder was loud!" then i said "SORRY DISNEY" and i didnt get a suspenetion, or warning, it was accually ment for a im. im sure its for the way its used.

Z

ZippyW

Oh! Is that what that thunder noise is? I hear that thunder from time to time, and I've asked toons "Did you hear thunder?" and they say no, thinking I'm talking about it here at the house, but it was on TT. So, that's some kind of warning about something I said?

S

Sarcatstic

Its not thunder!.............just check to see if Elga has been munching down on some of that bacon explosion?..........(thats where the explosion part comes in)

H

Holocog

I was in for a shock because I didn't know you could get in trouble for laughing your backside off... litterally. LM(rear)O is apparently a very bad thing to say, as i got a 72 hr ban for it. But ive seen people say LM(flipping)(rear)O and not get in trouble. I think that if they cant catch everyone, they shouldn't pick on the people that they CAN. IMO, the old chat was better. you should be able to say what you want, and if ppl dont like what your saying, they can remove you. Because why should you get introuble for making a joke...? Now with chat + ppl can say soooo many things and not in in trouble.
No i dont Cuss (thats immature) but sometimes a friend might get nasty, and I have to watch what i say...:danceb:

T

Tiff McWolf

She got a warning for trying to use IM... funny kid. Since she was on her child's account, they sent me the transcript automatically - really cute actually. But, I agree, no cussing allowed. I will often get frustrated in the middle of something but then I just leave the computer after or just play with people I know. Like the CJ I just did with a few griefers. I may even remember their names this time and not do it again.

But, since I am a bit annoyed with TT, I just finished what I was doing, came here, and now off to finish cooking dinner.

Hmm Kathy, am i one of them who gets on your nerves?? lol becuz alot of my friends say im annoying

O

omararod

Not trying to be snarky or anything, but DUH! use your common sense - It's a game designed for children - no cussing around the kiddies. And if you have no common sense, read your TOS - it's ALWAYS in the fine print. Just MHO.
Well...... yea but not rly ik a friend that is old enough too drive i meet someone at a party that is 17 or something like that his friend which is a girl almost same age as him my point is, is not everybody is a kid in toontown. :coco: ( NO OFFENSE )

S

soupandquackers

She didn't say everyone was a kid in TT, just the majority. Most people on here are adults or close to it. I myself turn 17 in about a month and continue to play from time to time.