• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Banned for nothing? Help please

• Thread starter DonJuanHimself
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DonJuanHimself

Okay, I haven't done anything wrong to be banned, I haven't macro'd or anything, my billing info is straight, and I was logged on last night... But now when I try to log on my account it says:
You account has been blocked for one of the following reasons 1] your billing information is invalid or expired 2] your game time has expired 3] your account has been temporarily suspended for a terms of service violation 4] your account has been terminated due to a terms of service violation. Please review this FAQ for possible solutions to this error: AND THEN IT GIVES ME A LONG WEBSITE THAT I HAVE NO ACCESS TO! What happened?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be getting an email that explains in a little more detail as to why you were banned and for how long. Most likely it is for reason #3. You can also check your account status by going thru the UO.Com website, but I don't know how much detail it will give (it think it might just say active or suspended).

What was you doing just before you logged off. While you might not have been doing anything wrong (ie unattended macroing), you might have broken some other rule such as locking animals up for training purposes.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Not really what tech forum does... Your answers will come from EA. Just saying.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, i've gotten this message before. sometimes it's just 'cause i have my caps lock key on. others, it's because some UO server is down. i'd just give it some time and try again before panicking. 8)

T

Tazar

You'll also get this message if UO is set to bill a credit card monthly - and the card has expired.

M

Malador

You'll also get this message if UO is set to bill a credit card monthly - and the card has expired.
Not only that but some times the transaction simply fails for no apparent reason or the communication was down when they tried billing. There are tons of reasons you get that message. DOnt panic, just check everything. I would start by looking at your account pages and see if your credit card was charges and when.

E

Eyes of Origin

This is what happened to me and I hope this didnt happen to you..... I have a public house with a stable on the first floor. Some player decided to use my stable to train discord, someone paged on him for it, a GM came.. removed the animals, deleted my stable, talked to the player.
Does it end there? Oh no, of course not. I come back from cooking and eating dinner with my family and guess what? I am banned.
I check my email and the email states that one of my chars had the animals blocked in my house and I receive the ban.
Problem was, I wasnt even logged in, not even afk. I was completely logged out when I got banned.
So make sure this or something close to it didnt happen to you too :(

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So make sure this or something close to it didnt happen to you too :(
OMG... that's awful! especially when you were trying to be a helpful home owner by offering a public stable, also a very cool rp type thing to do! and get a ban for it. sorry to hear :(

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a stable at the bottom of my house as well. i didnt even think about getting banned for it.. i sure hope i dont.. its pretty stupid of the GM to do this without talking to the house owner first..

it would be possible since he knew what account the house was owned to and he also knew it wasnt the player that was logged in at the time..

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a stable at the bottom of my house as well. i didnt even think about getting banned for it.. i sure hope i dont.. its pretty stupid of the GM to do this without talking to the house owner first..

it would be possible since he knew what account the house was owned to and he also knew it wasnt the player that was logged in at the time..
Not all GM's play UO and only deal with the problem at hand. They don't have the UO background needed to render judgements not posted in their manual.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't think just having one stable set-up in your house would get you banned. I know of alot of people that have stables for RP purposes. The first guild I was in had a stable at their guildhouse and you had to stable your pets there because pets weren't allowed in the house. I think the people that are getting banned (a) either have pens set-up so that they can train in a way that animal movement is restricted (ie provoing pet a in pen a onto pet b in pen b), or (b) have the appearence of using their pens in that manor (ie having a stable and someone pages because they can only see multiple animal tags and music being played). Either way there usually has to be a reason to page first and I highly doubt people are running around paging GM's just because they see a house with a stable.