• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] BaneDragon

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
75m

*edit* Actually, lets be honest. A Bane Dragon is worth more than 25m, 50m, and even 75m. We're just trying to get the best deal possible and not answering his question, which is pretty ****ty when he came for advice. So, to answer your question they can go pretty high if its been trained. The last one I bought was 450m and it had some training and was a 3.2. One I sold (regretfully) to a guildmate was for 39m, and that was a 1.1. I am looking to get another one to move it to another shard for a char there, so I'll offer something more realistic and say 275m.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
75m

*edit* Actually, lets be honest. A Bane Dragon is worth more than 25m, 50m, and even 75m. We're just trying to get the best deal possible and not answering his question, which is pretty ****ty when he came for advice. So, to answer your question they can go pretty high if its been trained. The last one I bought was 450m and it had some training and was a 3.2. One I sold (regretfully) to a guildmate was for 39m, and that was a 1.1. I am looking to get another one to move it to another shard for a char there, so I'll offer something more realistic and say 275m.
Sorry but I disagree. U find them regularly below 50 m

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Granitgolem has Just returned to UO.
So please be more generous. He can use the money for new outfits and scrolls.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Granitgolem has Just returned to UO.
So please be more generous. He can use the money for new outfits and scrolls.
More generous than a 275m offer? Sorry but bane dragons go for way below 100.
I know for sure because I bought for 30 and 60m and. The 60m is 3.6

The rating and the pet it self is irrelevant with the new taming patch

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More generous than a 275m offer? Sorry but bane dragons go for way below 100.
I know for sure because I bought for 30 and 60m and. The 60m is 3.6

The rating and the pet it self is irrelevant with the new taming patch
i have to disagree, if we're talking about the taming patch, banes are worth absolutely nothing. ive seen people guardwhacking banes and dreads since the new patch.

there was also a post on UOhall that mentioned that old, non-spawning pets could return to game in celebration of the 20th. like all things mesanna says, take this for what you will. personally i dont think it will happen, but she did say this at a recent meet and greet.

ive sold low rated banes for as low as 5m, which i know was low i just wanted to get rid of them to clear stable space. in my opinion, banes and dreads still hold some value as a collectors pet, especially high rated ones. but not for use just for the sake of rating / rarity. as rare pets go, we're not talking about a 1 of 30, or even 100. theres thousands of them. the value of them was a pvp item, which the taming revamp has made obsolete.

I really have no idea of a fair value for bane nowadays, but know for sure that pvpers dont want them anymore, and that when they did want them, a low-rated went for around 25m, a high rated around 50. higher value only as a collector item, for extremely high rating. but not for use. The reason they were always so low, is that if your spending more than that, your gonna get a dread. because a bad dread is better than the best bane because it doesnt have a slayer. effectively doubling its survivability in pvp.

@Granitgolem im not usually one to just hand out gold, but if you really have nothing and need it for say insurance or basic gear id provide 10m. please pm a time / place to meetup if interested. theres so many ways to make gold in UO, especially right now i would take a fair offer for the bane, 50 or 75 seems more than generous, and then get out there and make it playing. white or black cus been going for 50 to 75m. 2 slot rare colored nightmares still going for 100plus. you will make gold, and unless you really dont want the bane dragon, might just want to hold onto it as a keepsake.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Smoot

why are you disagree with me when you basically say the same thing?

with the new taming patch bane dragons were made completely irelevant, and even before that the value is what i said and you confirmed, there are better pets now for pvp usage.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Smoot

why are you disagree with me when you basically say the same thing?

with the new taming patch bane dragons were made completely irelevant, and even before that the value is what i said and you confirmed, there are better pets now for pvp usage.
sry i should have been more specific. i disagreed with saying the "rating and the pet itself" is irrelevant with the new taming patch, with your reasoning for price. i think rating, and the pet itself being a rare is the only thing left that gives them value in terms of the changes post-pet revamp. that value is much lower now tho because of the pet revamp changes, and drop in demand.

maybe we both mean the same thing but just looking at it differently.