• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Training rdy for 3rd Round

playpimpn

Visitor
@Donavon
Greetings Donavon.,
We (Mystique) spoke last night about my Bane Dragon and which way I wanted to go with it. I decided to roll with the build that you have mentioned in a post that is your favorite for me to start out with, I believe it said the "single target AI/Chiv build and melting with the banes passive". Also mentioned was the stats being really good for this bane so whatever build that will benefit the most from those stats would be good to if it is different that your favorite. In the military they had a saying "adapt and overcome", so I feel I will adapt my play style to the pet than having the pet try to cater to my play style. I'm just excited to experience this part of the game. I just joined up with Sess and the Wolf Pack today and went through round 2 of training. Everything he said was right on par with your instructions that I took note of. Here is the current stats for my bane as of right now. I am going to wait until we can get together to prepare for it's final rounds of training.
LS-Bane2rnd.png
I know we talked about copying to the TC and I will definitely do that. Sess mentioned getting some +20 scrolls for skills and I am working on a cook to prepare the stews. So I'm not in too much of a hurry and don't mind getting all the items I need before we go to TC. This way I can apply the scrolls and ensure that I can make my own stews for this beautiful creature.

Thank you!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Mystique, the first round is looking good.. I should be on LS in a few hours and we can talk about round 2..or maybe pop over to test.. I have a fully 120 capped version of the build you are shoting for.. you can take it for a test spin and see how ya like it.. until then have an amazing day and I look forward to seeing what wonders we can make.. =^-^=

Last edited:

playpimpn

Visitor
Good evening Mystique, the first round is looking good.. I should be on LS in a few hours and we can talk about round 2..or maybe pop over to test.. I have a fully 120 capped version of the build you are shoting for.. you can take it for a test spin and see how ya like it.. until then have an amazing day and I look forward to seeing what wonders we can make.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope just copy the tamer and get to Britain. You could take the scrolls to get the full build but you said you are not there yet.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hopefully he told you to put more than 125 int on it, like he has told many others. Int gives more mana recovery potential for less training points than higher "mana regen" stats.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry to hear that. Banes should have 300+ intelligence. It's an important part of mana recovery/mana regen.

Anyone who says otherwise, I will point them to a user in our discord who wondered why his bane with 125 int and high mana casted/used abilities so much less frequently than his bane with less mana and higher intelligence. All other stats being equal.

playpimpn

Visitor
I'm sorry to hear that. Banes should have 300+ intelligence. It's an important part of mana recovery/mana regen.

Anyone who says otherwise, I will point them to a user in our discord who wondered why his bane with 125 int and high mana casted/used abilities so much less frequently than his bane with less mana and higher intelligence. All other stats being equal.
so int being more important than having the 150 dex and 150 stam? perhaps the 30 mana regen makes up for that. *shurg*

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You need 150 stam and preferably 150 dex. Those points are minuscule in training.

You get more mana recovery (total mana regen) from 370 int and 20 mana regen than you do from 125 int and 30 mana regen.

It costs 3 additional training points between the two specs with a 10% increase in mana recovery with the first.

Bane Dragons are now highly expensive animals. When they are being trained care should be taken that they are trained properly to maximize the return on the investment.

playpimpn

Visitor
You need 150 stam and preferably 150 dex. Those points are minuscule in training.

You get more mana recovery (total mana regen) from 370 int and 20 mana regen than you do from 125 int and 30 mana regen.

It costs 3 additional training points between the two specs with a 10% increase in mana recovery with the first.

Bane Dragons are now highly expensive animals. When they are being trained care should be taken that they are trained properly to maximize the return on the investment.
Very interesting stats. Thank you for that information!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. Last night i saw a completely ruined Bane Dragon in the Yomotsu Mines. He didn't max out Phys/Fire/Energy resist, he didn't max out the Base Damage, he put on 120 Magery/120 Eval even though he switched the Magic ability, and he put Poison+Venomous Bite+Mortal Strike on it. Putting Poison or Venomous Bite on a Bane Dragon is completely redundant, since their innate Poison Skin will DP any melee attacker. What a waste.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I have seen PP Nightmares on Atlantic with Chiv and they added the Magery and Eval scrolls.

Mortal strike is not so great. I have it on a Kirin because I wanted to try it. Building a pet made for damage without AI or AP or FWW does not do much damage. May as well build a Cu or Hiryu with poison. Lots cheaper.