• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragons

DEA4Ever

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone messed around with bane dragons? I pulled mine outta the stables to give him a try and he actually seemed really powerful. I havent had much experience with a really min/maxed pet yet though. I've mostly used +10 ps etc.

So I guess my question is : has anyone had any experience with them and if so what skills did they choose/stats did they max. Any pet template ideas? I'm assuming you just stick with magery/poisoning. Can you give them other abilities without them bugging out the poison/magery?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone messed around with bane dragons? I pulled mine outta the stables to give him a try and he actually seemed really powerful. I havent had much experience with a really min/maxed pet yet though. I've mostly used +10 ps etc.

So I guess my question is : has anyone had any experience with them and if so what skills did they choose/stats did they max. Any pet template ideas? I'm assuming you just stick with magery/poisoning. Can you give them other abilities without them bugging out the poison/magery?
pulled mine out and it still has points in poisoning skill(but its not on lore or knowledge) so not sure what is going on here. As it stands without poison skill, it is not worth training(my opinion). it is a 4-5 slot so you really do not have many points to play with.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Greetings DEA.. the Bane dragon is one of my favorite pets.. and as such Ive made some truly great specs for them... My newest spec plays with the new changes to int and makes it just as powerful as most of the 5 slot pets.. even though they only get 1 round of training.. ..I would have to see the stats of your bane to crunch the math for yours but this is how it plays out..basicly you give it exp goo, armor ignore , and it comes hot wired with magery... The bane dragons still have poison breath aoe as a passive and their damage reflect... Now.. Im not sure what yours banes str is but most are around 500-600 mark.. which is good for this build... ok next.. ya want to increase its dex and stam to 150 this gives it an extra melee hit every 1.5 sec and ground speed increase... Now this is the part where the new math comes into play.. you want to give it 500 int... this gives it +10 mana reg and will allow it to stay at peak damage with a small mana pool.. bare in mind you will also have to increase mana reg to 30 for this spec to be effective... PS wise... 120 wrest and 120 tactics are a must.. Not only do these increase the amount your bane hits and is hit../the mount of damage it does / takes.. but for some reason the game considers goo a melee move and will buff the aoe damage of it.. and your armor ignore.. I would also used 120 parry for the extra 15-18% melee reduction... anat is nice for the 15% melee increase but not required...if ya have the 40 points to spare 120 med and focus only make this build better..but it can work without them.. besides fixing your resistances.. ( I would go 80 80 45 80 80 ) make sure ya give it at least 500 mana.. I would jump on test and see if ya enjoy this build.. if ya like it then make it lives.. ts super effective aoe fel spawn clearing spec.. and also has the single target to keep the bane right up there with the big boys... hope if ya try this spec ya enjoy it.. its the one I use on my main bane now.... if ya have anymore questions feel free to ask.. =^-^=
p.s. forgot to say to max its base damage.. that would of been a huge thing to leave out ^_~

Last edited:

DEA4Ever

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so very much for the replies!! This was super super helpful as I did not know a lot of how int and melee works with explosive goo.
Greetings DEA.. the Bane dragon is one of my favorite pets.. and as such Ive made some truly great specs for them... My newest spec plays with the new changes to int and makes it just as powerful as most of the 5 slot pets.. even though they only get 1 round of training.. ..I would have to see the stats of your bane to crunch the math for yours but this is how it plays out..basicly you give it exp goo, armor ignore , and it comes hot wired with magery... The bane dragons still have poison breath aoe as a passive and their damage reflect... Now.. Im not sure what yours banes str is but most are around 500-600 mark.. which is good for this build... ok next.. ya want to increase its dex and stam to 150 this gives it an extra melee hit every 1.5 sec and ground speed increase... Now this is the part where the new math comes into play.. you want to give it 500 int... this gives it +10 mana reg and will allow it to stay at peak damage with a small mana pool.. bare in mind you will also have to increase mana reg to 30 for this spec to be effective... PS wise... 120 wrest and 120 tactics are a must.. Not only do these increase the amount your bane hits and is hit../the mount of damage it does / takes.. but for some reason the game considers goo a melee move and will buff the aoe damage of it.. and your armor ignore.. I would also used 120 parry for the extra 15-18% melee reduction... anat is nice for the 15% melee increase but not required...if ya have the 40 points to spare 120 med and focus only make this build better..but it can work without them.. besides fixing your resistances.. ( I would go 80 80 45 80 80 ) make sure ya give it at least 500 mana.. I would jump on test and see if ya enjoy this build.. if ya like it then make it lives.. ts super effective aoe fel spawn clearing spec.. and also has the single target to keep the bane right up there with the big boys... hope if ya try this spec ya enjoy it.. its the one I use on my main bane now.... if ya have anymore questions feel free to ask.. =^-^=
p.s. forgot to say to max its base damage.. that would of been a huge thing to leave out ^_~

Thank you all so so much for the replies! It really helps clear several questions I had. I have around 500 points left to use after bumping all resists to max as well as stam and dex to 150. I increased his mana pool to 350 at the moment and gave him 30 mana regen. Its saying I cannot increase his base damage past 22 which I think is possibly a bug?? His current hps are currently :

hps-642
stam-150
mana-350
strength-509
dex-150
int-125

So after getting goo/armor ignore I would have around 300 points or so to use I believe. Best way to maximize benefits from just 300 points?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Your is indeed a nice bane.. If you like we can meet on test and I will help ya hammer out the last of the details... I see a few ways to really put some polish on the last bit of this spec for yours =^-^=

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well can't help you too much since i'm not going to train my bane dragon anytime soon, however you have max stam/dex so no reason to go over that. hp are always good but at 3/1 are expensive, mana is aways needed and you get 2 per point spent. Str max is 700, and increasing it will increase pet damage(not sure by how much though), int gives a slight spell damage bonus and some mana regen( ithink you get .1 mana regen/sec or 1 MR, for every 40 points in int.) as far as max base damage you should be able to increase( but you didn't post your range) is it 22-32? you may already be at max. also a lot of peep give HP regen, but it is 18/1 point with a max of 20.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Bane dragon went poof. If you feed it the blackrock stew it poisons the heck out of alot of stuff

fusionx86

Visitor
Question about the bane dragons for those who are using them now. Do they require stew to stay happy and bonded or will they go wild if not fed stew after a while? I want to play around with mine, but if it constantly requires the stew, it's probably not worth it to me. I know the stew affects the poison attack it has, but is it required beyond that? Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question about the bane dragons for those who are using them now. Do they require stew to stay happy and bonded or will they go wild if not fed stew after a while? I want to play around with mine, but if it constantly requires the stew, it's probably not worth it to me. I know the stew affects the poison attack it has, but is it required beyond that? Thanks.
I've never fed a bane stew... they will eat tasty treats... granted they don't get the poison and such as strong without the stew but yeah I've never fed any of my banes stew.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Stew is not that big of a deal. On the days I play around the clock I only use 2 or 3 max.

Xenophen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I second Donavon's Bane build as I am using it. Very very powerful! Great for spawns. He still requires some healing, so I recommend a build with Consume Damage and Spellweaving for Gift of Renewal/Life

Keep in mind that everytime the bane dies, it's poisoning can go down...Try not to let it die!!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What order do you put on Armor Ignore and Goo?

I'm still confused on the order of application of:
Magic Abilities
Special Abilities
Special Moves
Area Affect Abilities

Is the application order of the above the same on all pets or does it vary?

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
good afternoon Parnoc, with the order Area affect moves, Magic abilities ,and special abilities it really depends on the beast in question and what its born with.. say the monster is a blank slate and has non of these.. well in this case your can end up with a good amount of each.. but ya have to add them in this order... Area move, special move, 2nd special move or magical move, school of magic... Pet like the bane dragon is born with magery already on its lore list.. which is the list it uses for its at combat UI... so it counts toward the three move limit.. so if ya want it to be area spec ya want to add exp Goo ( or your choice of favorite aoe), then ya get 1 extra move you can add be it magic or special... but honestly ya cant beat armor ignore for just pure burst damage and up time... but a pet like a lesser or greater hiryu 2 odf the 3 move limit are already added.. so ya get one pick be it aoe, special or magical.. the trick with them is picking one of those three before adding the school of magic or the school of magic takes of the last of the 3 moves slot and ya lose the extra option... hope this helps abit mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to ask here or message me .. =^-^=

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the sequence of the applications should be?:

1. Area Affect Abilities
2. Special Moves 1
3. Special Moves 2
4. Special Abilities
5. Magic Abilities

I understand you can't do all of these but this is the sequence to follow even if one or several cannot be done?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Pretty much as it will only allow you to have three moves by the system.. but it still counts a school of magic as one of those three.. so thats the order ya want to follow.. if done right ya end up with 3 moves and a school of magic for 4-5 moves( bush awards a special move/whirlwind attack to tok pets) depending on the pet . =^-^=