• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragons ,money wise

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is It true that you get 300 to 400 mill for a Bane dragon on Atlantic that are untrained, I mean as In not hard to sell for that price on that shard??????????????????

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will this change when the Big Green Birds are available?
Well I hope not before I sell them. Never been bothered with them tell now,just been sitting in the stables. Will be coming to Atlantic soon,like tomorrow,hehe.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is It true that you get 300 to 400 mill for a Bane dragon on Atlantic that are untrained, I mean as In not hard to sell for that price on that shard??????????????????
Ill buy all you have for 400M each!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to think I gave one away free to a noob last year at Luna stables that had just come back to the game after 10yrs. Seemed like a good guy so all good :)

Only 15 or so left in 2 char’s stables. I’ll have to make due ;)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will this change when the Big Green Birds are available?
Nope. The insane prices are driven by the PvP demand. And PvPers will pay anything for any extra edge. So, since the ostards are inherently worse than the banes, their availability will have no effect on the bane price. And since there are no new banes, that price will continue to climb.

But, at least PvMers will have a chance to get something resembling a bane in functionality.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Broke ass college freshman, sold his 1st mil for $55 (thnkz Ebay) to help buy Xmas presents for parents ;)

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The upcoming new ostards won`t be even a good pure chiv-ai pet for pvm. They dont have enough trainingspoints for that pvm build.
I think prices for banes will raise and raise, especially untrained ones with intensity 70%+ and high intensity banes with chiv-ai and fully scrolled.

@Cerwin Vega : This bane is more than 1p.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
silly to ruin a good pvp pet with chiv ai use a cu and they heal themselves
lol, pure chiv-ai bane is the most powerfull mount in pvm. No other mount gives you that offensive combo damage power together with passive lethal poison. You cant compare a healing critter like cu with the dps from pure chiv-ai bane.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol, pure chiv-ai bane is the most powerfull mount in pvm. No other mount gives you that offensive combo damage power together with passive lethal poison. You cant compare a healing critter like cu with the dps from pure chiv-ai bane.
Since a bane can only get 700 str. They do the same damage as any other pet. The differences would be in the actual damage % against
A specific mob.

Example: The same build cu would kill a paragon balron faster than a bane. Since a balron is poison immune.

The bane has an advantage against many mobs because it has the defensive poison.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also a disadvantage i notice many boss's seem poison immune and the bane cant heal again
I haven't had issue with the poison. Personally, I'd prefer it doesn't have healing. That's one more thing that uses mana. I want all my mana going towards damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also a disadvantage i notice many boss's seem poison immune and the bane cant heal again
Banes do not heal from their poison attack. Pets have to have healing skill or HP regen to heal on their own.

If your bane has HP regen it always regens. If not it wont.

Nash

Sage
I Didnt say they did im saying big disadvantage to bane is a lot of monsters poison resistance and the bane dragon doesnt have healing

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lot of monsters poison resistance
Yup we found that out when we put poison on our first Beetles. Also most of Eodon and events cant be discorded, so that's not a good choice for an all purpose pet.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Maximus Neximus.

As I wrote before, the real power of the pure chiv-ai bane template is the permanent chiv combo damage. While a chiv-ai cu takes damage and is healing, it has no synergie to chiv spells and the time runs off for comboing with other active chiv spells. The same is true while cu uses bleed-> time runs off for combo damage and no synergie to active chiv spells. So a chiv-ai cu can do the highest possible combo damage, but it does that damage not as often as the bane does. I could explain further more details, why the chiv-ai template for bane dragons is such a broken template with the highest dps in pvm, but this is not the right threat here.

A Bane dragon with 70%+ intensity, all 120 scrolls on it and pure chiv-ai will keep its worth and gives you the most powerfull pvm mount (if you dont sell it) and its funny to watch, how it eats up most of the mobs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and its funny to watch, how it eats up most of the mobs.
At the same speed as any pet that matches damage with the targets resist.

A paragon balron will prove that. Just like us, pets do damage while healing.

Nash

Sage
before they changed the roof could a bane handle virtuebane? i doubt it a cu could but whatever idk waste the best pvp pet ever when you are talking about stuff that cant be discorded and we are talking about chiv/ai on a bane and a cu

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A paragon balron will prove that. Just like us, pets do damage while healing.
Its true, that pets do damage while healing but not that type of combo-damage, you want it to do.

For example, I have seen many chiv-ai cu working like that: CU heals, CU does AI, CU does Consecrate arms, CU uses bleed, CU does EoO and then CU does another heal and so on... only few chiv-ai high combo-damage happens.
CU does damage while healing, yes it does but that damage is too low.

#Nash:
Furthermore, a bane belongs to the "best pvp pet ever"-group, but a PP-Mare with necromage and mortal on it, belongs to that "best pvp pet ever"-group too. But not vice verso and to be honest: PVP Pets were nerved so many times... They are no longer that viable, as they were a few years ago. Dont waste your bane for pvp in a year 2021, maybe there will be better times again for pvp pets in the future. Just my two cents :)

Btw Nash, of course I have a well trained and fully scrolled chiv-ai bane. Next time, when i x-fer to atl, I will take that bane with me, for testing and watching it fighting. :)

Last edited: