• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragons added to Pet Power Calc

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all -

Based on preliminary data (mostly from this thread on Stratics UHall and several direct submissions of info), I have added the new Bane Dragons to the Pet Power Calculator.

Be aware that the min-max ranges for the resists, stats, and skills for this pet will very likely need tweaking as more data becomes available. So, if you receive an error in the calculator that says your pet falls outside of the ranges on any stat, please let me know so that I can update the calculator. Include a screenshot if possible.

You can reach me as kitiara-atlantic on Stratics, kitiara on UOForums, or via email – uocraft {at} gmail [dot] com.

Thanks, and good luck taming those Bane Dragons!

UOCraft Pet Power Calculator

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I tamed one with 156 intel, so it goes higher...I saw one with 158 as well, so it's probably 160 max.

Y

Yalp

mine has 552 strength also above your list.

I know I have a pet with 632 hits, 552 strength, 105.1 bard difficulty and it's rated as a 2 star pet. I don't believe it.

J

[JD]

kitiara, thanks for your work on the pet calc and adding bane dragons

do you weight everything equally? or weight some things heavier when calculating? ie certain resists and attributes are more valuable than others

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Yalp and Aibal - I'll adjust those stats.

JD - Currently, for all pets except the Greater Dragon, resists as 65% of the score (with all resists weighted equally), hit points as 25% of the score, and stats as 5% of the score. When skills are included, they make up 5% of the score. Greater Dragons are the only ones that so far have a weighted resist lineup, based on their more valuable (higher max) resists: I’ve weighted the greater dragon’s resists at 35% each for phys and fire, 5% for cold (the lowest resist for the g-dragon), 10% for poison, and 15% for energy.

I've considered doing such weighting for other pets. Do you think the bane dragons would be a good candidate? If so, how would you split up the 65% amongst phys, fire, cold, poison, and energy?

Thanks!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I just tamed one with 161 intel lol, so it's higher yet.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm not getting anything near 160 int.
:/
You sure these animals aren't blessed when you lore them?

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's quite rare to see bane's with 540+ STR, 645+ HP and 150+ int. I'd say the average STR/HP/Int is 520/620/115 after having killed literally hundreds of these things.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite sure.

My best ones so far:

HP 640
Str 547
Int 161
66/46/35/57/36

HP 647
Str 526
Int 156
67/44/45/56/25

HP 621
Str 527
Int 104
69/50/40/59/35

These are the one's I've saved so far after giving away another 10 or so to peeps. I've lored/killed off a few hundred to get these.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Back to the drawing board for me...
I thought I had a few good ones LOL
:(

A

anvira

Ditto....has anyone gotten an accurate top level for the resists?

It is quite possible that I'm blind and just missed it here!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto....has anyone gotten an accurate top level for the resists?
Anvira -

the consensus in the thread I linked in my original post (and this holds true for all of the pets I've seen thus far) is that the max resists are:

70/50/45/60/40

M

maroite

I have seen a couple dragons now with 164 int, and a few with 162.

Int is def higher than 160.

I believe I have also seen several with cold resist above 45, but I'd have to double check.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anvira -

the consensus in the thread I linked in my original post (and this holds true for all of the pets I've seen thus far) is that the max resists are:

70/50/45/60/40
The resists are correct. Intelligence can be higher than 160 though. Max int is probably 164.

J

[JD]

be sure you wait 2 min after taming a dragon to see if bless wears off and stats drop. highest natural int i've seen is 158