• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragon

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi looking for some ideas about this Bane Dragon ....... it will be used mainly for PVM with some spawning as well:

1585956805063.png

It is a very basic bane dragon but the only one I have.

Took it to test and added:

HP > 700
Stam/Dex > 150
Str >700
HPR 10
MR 30
Max resists as shown
Base Dmg max

120 in all skills (only shows 115 on resists as didnt have scroll but still have a few points to put to 120)

Magery Mastery
Venomous Bite
Poison Breath

1585956881408.png

My questions are:

1. I put the one point to magery mastery and notice the bane seems to continually teleport around. Is Magery Mastery worth having on it and what exactly are it's benefits/drawbacks?

2. I put both schools of poison, area affect (poison breath) and special ability (venomous bite) on and note the the poison skill still rises with training. Do you need at least ONE of the poison affects to allow the natural poison skill to raise ie from 62.4 to gm 100? Or will it still go to gm if I use neither schools?

3. I did another with Explosive Goo and Venomous Bite and again the poison skill still rises so is it better to have Goo/Venom rather than both poisons as above?

4. If I don't use a poison affect/ability what does it's current poison skill do? Anything? or will it reduce from 62.4 to ZERO and then no longer poison anything or does the stew feeding make it continously keep that poison going even if it drops to 0?

5. Am I better off to keep the poisoning skill (if in 4 above it does drop to 0) as it will be useful for magery poisoning?

6. If I don't use a poison ability what do you think is best combo for that particular bane ie Goo and AI ? Something else completely?

7. Would you allocate any of the points I issued to HP's, Mana, regens, resists etc differently and why?

8. Would you scroll it to 110 on wrestle/tactics and put those 200 points to HP's or more regens/mana etc? Is 110 on those two skills sufficient or should I keep them at 120?

9. On the question of Stew, given it doesn't eat anything else (tasty treats?) if you run out of it during the middle of a battle and keep getting the 'not at full power' prompt what exactly does this mean and if you keep fighting with it what is the implications? ie will it get mad and unbond etc or just be less powerful?

Sorry for all the questions but given I cannot retame one I would rather get it the best I can the first time round. It is more the effect of the poison stuff that I am unsure about. Although I have put it on test, it doesn't really give me much indication of what it's 'end' power would be until such time as it is fully trained up and that will take weeks.

Hoping this info will be assistance to anyone else as well.

Cheers MissE

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning MissEcho,
1. I would avoid mage mastery for most pve battles that will have large spawn as turning it on does a number of things...Most of the pros of mage mastery are more related to PvP and ship battles, as they now use mind blast more, and teleport, and now use deathray(sadly its not very effective if the pet has aggro as it turns off the moment its hit). The cons are it heals less often, stops using bless(which is a huge damage increase for caster types), and worst of all cast protection meaning it drops its phy rs to 60..so even most mid lvl monster will hit it with some huge spike..
2.When it comes to poison moves on the banes its best to pick one or the other.. P. breath cost 50 mana and uses max lvl poison at range.( they have nerfed its use rate and increased its mana because of PvP)//V.bite uses 5th lvl poison cost 30 mana and hits things in melee range of the bane... Both will passively increase poison to GM turning the bane into a nox mage.. meaning that at GM poison the banes spell posion in magery will also be max lvl.. Exp goo is a very powerful aoe and one of the stronger caster bane builds uses it(exp goo, AI,Magery)Its super effective at moving most spawns forward.... The double affliction builds are also rather effective against mobs that are not poison immune.. (P. breath ,AI, magery and V.Bite, ai, magery)..
3.I would pare any of these moves with armor Ignore as its one of the strongest single target moves a pet can learn and scales well with skills,base damage, and debuffs.. the banes passive already kind of counts as an aoe.. and while 3 aoes will clear spawns super fast it takes away from its pure damage for when the spawn boss comes out...
4.If you don't use any poison moves at all the banes poison lvl will only return toits birth lvl(this takes a long time) but fear not as the banes poison breath like attack is not poison breath... its a poison/fire mix attack that is triggered by something attacking or debuffing the bane.. It basicly negates a % of damage or a debuff then fires the bolt back at the attacker.. then based on stew power. the distance of the target and their poison resistance .. poisons them.. luckly this poison is hard coded and is based on the banes 2nd unseen mana bar... when you feed a bane a blackrock stew it refills the bar..which is 5k.. each proc is 1 point of it.. there are 2 ways this bars empties.. 1 is 5k procs... the 2nd is time... every 1 real world hour(in game or not) the stew power loses about 208 mana.. you will get the emote when it gets low... when it its out of stew power it still negates the damage just not as much ... and doesn't do damage or poison the target anymore..
5. Just depends on the monster your enjoy hunting.. I like the exp goo, ai, magery build for most things as about 15% of monster are immune to poison in the game... but for that other 85% the double affliction V.bite/P.Breath ,AI,magery banes area ton of fun and super effective.. one of the main things a bane brings to the table is..it poisons what its fighting ..this puts that npc in defensive UI.. meaning itsnot using less melee hits, special moves , and spells.. and in most cases it doing about 20% less damage to you and your team..
6.If you dont go for the aoe poison I would copy to test and try the other build here listed and see if you they fit your playstyle .....the best advice I can give is..dont be in a hurry when it comes to rare pets.. make many many copies to see which compliments your playstyle.. and you will find one that best suits you as you go.. ^_~
7.This one depends on the build you pick honestly.. and what ya wish to hunt.. banes for the most part dont need a huge amountof HP .. because of the passive they have... a bane with 600-650hp is like having 750-800hp.. they are super tanky ..
8.If you want to min max for the most damage then go for the 120s... some have less of an effect then other at 120 vs 115.. but all of those less effects add up to something big down the line..
9.The stew fuels their passive.... as listed above a 5k unseen mana bar.. you will want to feed them one once every 24 hours.. this increases stew power to max and increases happiness.. You can use tasty treats but this only increases their stats for 20 mins and sometimes will not increase happiness..( watch out for this we had someone use a tasty treat to increase its pet happiness when it was going wild and it didnt..they lost a 120 fire beetle =( ) .. as a warning if you use tasty treats make sure you will be logged on the full 20 mins as there is a recoil bug that hits some pets.. baisc you log back on and you notice your pets stats have been lower by the reverse of the buff.. this last 24 hours and would not be so bad but it lower the dex and stam to 143... and when it resets the next day the stam stays at 143 effectively removing 5%ish swing speed from that pet for every.. =( You can also use th eblue tasty treats and they sometimes will increase happiness but not stew power...
I hope this info helps... and you are keeping safe during these trying times... if you have anymore questions feel free to message me or post here.. but until then.. have a delightful day.. =^-^=

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks @Donavon and @Pawain

Most of my pets tend to be goo ai builds of some sort as yes they seem to be most effective, if not goo then chiv ai etc. Was hoping the bane may of had different things to make it 'different' for boredoms sake.

Guess it will be a goo ai magery or double poison build/magery *sighs*

Just a question re my Q4 on what happens to it's 62.4 poison if I don't put a poison move on it. You said "If you don't use any poison moves at all the banes poison lvl will only return to its birth lvl (this takes a long time) . I don't understand what you mean by that. What is its birth level 0 or 62.4 or ??? And what takes a long time?

Also have I interpretted this correctly: So it won't lose the special poison/fire attack it does as that is not related to poisoning skill at all, nor to whether you have Poison Breath or venomous bite but purely related to feeding it stew for power?

I guess for now this will most likely be the build I end up doing any tweaks you would make are appreciated.

Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant read Dons wall of text. I'm sure he invited you to TC. He has definitely tested more Banes than anyone on TC. The second most common pet on LS are Banes. He has helped build most of those.

But he can show you builds and take yo to places where you play and you can try them out. Hopefully they put the bonding gates there soon.

My advice: I would PM Don and discuss there and on TC.

Also, unlike me, he is one of the most courteous and polite people you will meet.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning MissEcho,
Yar. without poison skill the bane will still stay at max str and have its passive aoe poison/fire move if you add a poison skill or not.. and basicly the poison/fire move will sometimes(very rarely) give you a poison gain ..but this will not take it to GM poison.. it will only bring it to the max it was born it.. Just make sure to feed it stew once every 24 hours to fuel this move.... ^_~