• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragon Useful?

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I activated an old account and found two decent three slot bane dragons and i was thinking about training them up, one for pvp and one for pvm. Any suggestions on some good builds or should I just sell them? If i do sell them what should I look to get.

Thanks

Bear

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do not build one for PvP!!!

They are worth quite a lot as is. Search the trade forum. Dont touch them until you get more info.

Also look for White Wyrms, Dreadmares, Color horses that dont need taming to control, Bake Kitsunes, and Nightmares from old accounts.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the response and the info. I may try to post the pictures but if you want to see the Banes ICQ me and I can show them to you on Sonoma. I also have an old nightmare and some old 2 slot bakes.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the response and the info. I may try to post the pictures but if you want to see the Banes ICQ me and I can show them to you on Sonoma. I also have an old nightmare and some old 2 slot bakes.
Post them here for accurate pricing if your going to sell. They are worth a good amount.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Winner winner chicken Dinner! See what is offered on A bake. I would like a chance at one of those.

Dont sell quickly. Except for the Bane I think Patrick is gonna offer a lot!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Winner winner chicken Dinner! See what is offered on A bake. I would like a chance at one of those.

Dont sell quickly. Except for the Bane I think Patrick is gonna offer a lot!
I would say don't sell quickly for any of them, let people calculate their intensity so you can get an idea of how desirable they are, including the banes.

As for the bake, i of course will out offer Pawain...

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First Bane. My apologies if this looks bad, first time. If it works I'll throw the four Bakes in another thread and the second Bane in this one. Is it worth me throwing up the nightmares? I am keeping the Dreads.

Bear.

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PM Patrick about the banes. He is desperate. PM me with his offer and I'll tell you if it is fair. I just want a Bake Kitsune. Khaelor has plenty of them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either bane would make a good AI/chiv build.

You lucky

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Both are decent banes, good high str

Bane 1 is a very good bane, 71%, 6130 intensity value.
Bane 2 is 63.51%, 6072.

You find very few banes as high as 1, so if you decide to sell it, make sure you get what it's worth.

If you want to practice specing one out to see what it's capable of, follow the orange links below and click on "go to pet planner on the right", you will want to leave 4 points unspec'd due to rounding.

Bane 1
Bane 2

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Either bane would make a good AI/chiv build.

You lucky
@Pawain that is NOT correct, with due respect. Sadly, neither of the two banes will make good of the Chiv/AI spec. Reason is STR, regardless of HPS. The secret is out for the Chiv/AI spec on these, and Patrick know it I think. Dont get me wrong, you can put Chiv/AI on these but will come out short in points, if you (as you should) decide to 120 the appropriate points. I have one with better STR and sadly falls short also.
But they will make a great magery/AI/Goo spec, that is a true killer at spawns, coupled with the LP area AoE plus the passive attack on these.
Sry but all banes are short on points, and there is a very specific initial STR that goes well with Chiv/AI, unless you dont mind shorting them somewhere..Count the points and you will see.Just remember, you do not touch the HPS when upgrading, and HPS slightly high do not count in that very demanding Chiv/AI spec.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain that is NOT correct, with due respect. Sadly, neither of the two banes will make good of the Chiv/AI spec. Reason is STR, regardless of HPS. The secret is out for the Chiv/AI spec on these, and Patrick know it I think. Dont get me wrong, you can put Chiv/AI on these but will come out short in points, if you (as you should) decide to 120 the appropriate points. I have one with better STR and sadly falls short also.
But they will make a great magery/AI/Goo spec, that is a true killer at spawns, coupled with the LP area AoE plus the passive attack on these.
Sry but all banes are short on points, and there is a very specific initial STR that goes well with Chiv/AI, unless you dont mind shorting them somewhere..Count the points and you will see.Just remember, you do not touch the HPS when upgrading, and HPS slightly high do not count in that very demanding Chiv/AI spec.
Read what Khaelor said. One is so high it is rare.

After margaritas I could tell those banes are good and I have never built one.

You only have to change the strength and you can make up the points on cold/and or poison resist or stam regen. And they would both have room for all 120 scrolls.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Welcome to the new taming, and welcome back and happy new year!
Here are my recommendations for all your pets:
1> Banes :
--They are ok, with good HPS. Starting STR falls a little short of the Chiv/AI spec. They are still great, not just good. The spec with these will be that you will want to 120 PS these guys. If so, the spec is magery/AI/Explosive Goo also. If you want to do Chiv/AI they will have to be shortened somewhere. If so, dont short the Wrestling 120.
--If you are well-to-do in UO$ dont sell them and train them for yourself. If you are short in $$, sell only one, keep the other one. The one you sell will bring you 90-140 Million gold. Don't sell for less. If you decide to sell, sell in the "UO traders hall" and ask for 140-150 million. Don't sell in-game unless offered these numbers, people will try to down-bid you in-game. By the way if you decide to keep one, blackrock stew is easy to get, don't buy it..make it. Don't let this be a point of whether you keep them or not.
2> Dreadmare :
Very highly desirable in the game now, and people are looking for it (for the wrong reasons, and it is not a better pet than you banes by the way). If sell, don't sell for less than 250-350 Million. Thats the most recent market.
3> Pre-patch mares:
They are the ones you have I assume. IF they are TWO slot pets, they are also very valuable and also pretty hot: Price tag now-days 50-90 Million. If you have several, you may want to keep 1-2.
4> Pre-patch WWs :
They are also worth their pixel weight in gold now days, IF they are THREE slot. Dont sell for less than 100-120 Million. These are extremely valuable and very much desirable, really really hot.
4> 2 slot Bakes, don't know their pricing.
==
Most important TWO things :
A] DO NOT train ANY of t these rare pets right now, but learn the new system first, and train 1-2 Cus or other replaceable pets, and we have many. If you decide to train the rare pets, FIRST train them in TC1, ok to make mistakes there, then you can start over there. Takes 2 seconds to copy tamer to TC1..all your pets will be in your stables there. Then you can delete and start over 5-6 times etc. and finally:
B] If you decide to sell, sell by posting in the Stratics "Traders Forum". People will give you the highest bid there.
Finally don't make mistakes with your rare pets. You will always regret it. Sadly we all hav done these mistakes and ruined valuable mares and WW's when the taming revamp hit. Too late now. Don't make the mistakes we did.
GL and I hope you enjoy the new taming.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Read what Khaelor said. One is so high it is rare.

After margaritas I could tell those banes are good and I have never built one.

You only have to change the strength and you can make up the points on cold/and or poison resist or stam regen. And they would both have room for all 120 scrolls.
Nope..Not for the Chiv/AI spec. (I know, I have one same specs). Need a little more STR to make it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nope..Not for the Chiv/AI spec. (I know, I have one same specs). Need a little more STR to make it.
OOPS y bad! I just looked at the resists of that first one! Sry I think I was wrong. That one with a little caution could make it for the CHIV/AI spec!! You guys were right..

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found another bane Dragon on another old account. I think this one is better.. Let me know what ya think.. I am planning on putting these up for sale once I figure out what direction I want to go in.

Thanks again

Bear

Attachments

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its a very high bane dragon, very high intensity, almost 75, but some of that is in health. Resists are a bit low, strength is really good. I wouldn't sell this one for cheap, don't let people try to entice you with private offers. Its still one of the higher intensity banes i've seen

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, while we are evaluating Bane Dragons.... Thoughts on these 2? Both 3 slots. Trained in skills but no animal training yet.

BaneDragonGL1.jpg BaneDragonGL2.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First one build with AI chiv. Second leave the magery as is and add AI. May have to not add the max amount of cold or other resist to the first. But, lore what you fight and if none do cold damage you wont need it. Or you can have resists you never use and not add HP regen (which is something you always use).

Here is a list that has many bosses. Category:Bosses - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Dreadhorn and Dragon Turtle do some Poison damage. Very few others do poison or cold. There is no need to worry about the ones with <10k HP. Your bane will kill them before they dent it.

Part of taking the best pet to the fight should also include resistances.

Travesty is not there. Our Community hunt was that tonight:

upload_2019-1-22_20-35-23.png

More balanced resists than anything.

Another Travesty resists:
upload_2019-2-19_20-30-22.png

Another:
upload_2019-5-2_23-9-13.png

Last edited: