• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragon Builds?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to Cah and put the stats in the calculator and then go to planner and save the planner and link it here.

The start stats determine what you can do with them.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Thanks this is the planner before anything is done -

I do plan on using the 120's I was going to put on the Cu for this instead - but really not sure what skills or magery options will be best. Thanks for the help!

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dismount? So for PVP?

If for PVE but.. didnt run the numbers, if you could. Id do a chiv+ai bane for funsies if you can keep HP lower without compromising other stats.

Id get INT up to 370 no matter what though.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I normally love AI\Chiv pets for the raw damage output but I'm not sure if that would be better than dismount on a pet intended to provide defense against pk's?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I normally love AI\Chiv pets for the raw damage output but I'm not sure if that would be better than dismount on a pet intended to provide defense against pk's?
Usually anything that isnt specialized will do less damage.
But banes do have that nice poison skin so you get poison even without poison skill in the moves.

Ascalon

Adventurer
I'm not questioning that it should be but why put int to 370?
It helps with mana regen. That's why people look at 700/150/370 (STR/DEX/INT) as a best practice.

Pet Mana Regen Calculator | uo-cah.com

How about pulling some points from HPR. From using it, you get a really slow restoration of Hit Points. It's not going to save a pet that needs healing. I only see the benefit of it when I'm farming some spawn my pet can easily handle and my pet is regening while waiting for respawn. I like it for farming void mares, but otherwise don't run into another situation where I value it. Even in that case, it's mostly laziness/convenience.

Here's the revision I did based on your build. I added more Hit Points as well. Really like 700+ for Hit Points. Too low is glass cannon territory.
Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Ascalon

Adventurer
Dismount? So for PVP?
It's not clear to me what this pet is being designed for. Dismount says, PVP, which says Champ Spawns, but talking about Chiv/AI says single target PVM. Also, is Dismount really going to give you Champ Spawn protection? A small crew of mages rush in and start casting to kill off the players working the spawn. You're going to rush them one by one to get close and dismount/all kill without them mana dumping you or repositioning so you can't deploy your pet to "all kill" them? Is that going to work as a tactic? More than once? Solo PK, you could put more pressure on with Bleed, maybe. Bleed, then poison hits and the bane is casting, they will rabbit and try to heal up. Then they've lost control of the momentum of the fight.

FWW would be nice for Champs, for clearing spawn, but with a 120 scroll it would -600 points from your build. I can't find a place where I'd be happy or even accept the compromise on where to take it from.

Just me, but designing a pet like this is kind of a one time shot, or limited opportunity, maybe port it over to test system and do the things that you plan to use the pet for, to confirm (or refine) the design.

(Edit: Just want to explicitly state, I am asking to try to help so you can have the best pet outcome for you and your purposes. Sometimes, asking or commenting can be taken as pushing an editorial or being a snarky jerk.)

Last edited:

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Not at all thank you for your input and the primary use will be to defend champ spawns so pvp. I can use another account to do the spawn so want it aimed at pvp

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Disarm and dismount rarely activate on pets.
If they did you would see pets that do those naturally at spawns.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which would you have lower poison or cold resist?
If it were mine I would leave them both as they began. But that is not a popular opinion. I have many low intensity pets that way.

Lore what you fight and see what damages they do.

Ascalon

Adventurer
Not at all thank you for your input and the primary use will be to defend champ spawns so pvp. I can use another account to do the spawn so want it aimed at pvp
I would consider bleed then. It adds pressure if it goes off. I use 2D Classic client, so I have UOA set up with a dismount, all kill on a function key, so I can quick respond when they show on the screen. At that point, usually they are rushing towards you, because they plan for you to rabbit. What's the char template you'll match with it? Tamer mage? Get a good mage weap to apply pressure in the fight too. I'm not an uber pvp dude, but I play at a hobbiest level on Siege. Both bleed effect and mage weap seem to help shift the momentum of the fight for opportunist/solo pk. At least you can make it last longer to give yourself a chance to escape/evade, negotiate, or bag of sending to give a lack of reward (for gold harvesting on Siege. They still almost 100% will take your bag of sending, but the market price is less than whatever gold usually.), or maybe even prevail. My template there is tamer mage with resist and hiding, so it works well for solo pvm, but doesn't quite have the push back to seal the deal in pvp.

Maybe someone with more pet experience using it could add their experience, but maybe explore magery mastery on Test Center enough to know if the added teleport would help you. I think it's 1 point cost, so it's a cheap cost to add.

Which would you have lower poison or cold resist?
If it was me, I'd go with a generic 80/80/60/65/80. To me this is the best general purpose resist distribution. Highest in melee damage (Phy) and casting damage (Fire and Energy). You're a little low in cold and poison, but not out of range on the "all 70's suit" level of protection. That way you're not creating a known/knowable weakness in resists that someone can use to counter you.

Last edited:

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are better options than bleed that has longer proc and also works better with the innate poison than normal bleed IMO.
Look at the bite variants. Visicous or Venomous, can never remember which lol.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If ots for pvp defense, you dont need maxed str. Viscous bite will do 200ish damage over time, bleed, inate poison reflect and magery would be awesome. Anything to help interupt their casting at you, and their healing.

Donovan had several good writeups on banes.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
After reading the various input I am thinking bleed and poison breath to give it an AoE ability although Viscous bite sounds good but with either, I am concerned that the extra poison will just be wasted with its innate poisoning? I'm probably over thinking this like I do with most things, but I do appreciate the help. I'd just build it on test and see but don't know where I would find pvp volunteers. lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The raider is going to kill you no matter what pet you have. Then he will kill the pet.

If you make a bane for PvP you will take forever to do the spawn. Unless your toon is killing the spawn.

A PvP build is for a toon that PvP s. So the toon also is built for that.

If your toon is pvm then your pet is also pvm. You just need to accept that you either need to leave or accept you will die when a raider comes.

Ascalon

Adventurer
I'd just build it on test and see but don't know where I would find pvp volunteers. lol
Kind of a social experiment thing, but get on general chat and ask if anyone's willing to test pk you and your pet. Since it's test center and people can scroll and skill up, you might get some takers. Or if you have guildmates, have them port over when you do to put you to the test. You could also just see how the pet does the initial dump and how it cycles it's casting and specials against something with high resist and high hit points, so you can observe how it does. I'm thinking Swoop, and also if you can get a paragon changeling to spawn, it will give you and your pet a good test of being attacked.

Initially, I came back for the pet changes and I tried to make a solo champ spawn tamer. It's possible, from what people have reported, but I had the opposite problem from the sampire. On a sampire, I can get the early spawn turned over quickly and then it becomes more difficult at the higher levels. For a tamer, I had a lot of trouble advancing the first level of the spawn. If you're planning the pet to solo the spawn, you could also test it on Test Center. AOE, seems like it's just not quite enough to progress the spawn. Maybe other people have had different strategies and different experiences that they'll post.

Please post and share your results, it's an interesting project.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
May be try Lesser Hiryu/Hiryu/reptalon first? They are always available. Try it, and then consider will that poison help you? Lesser with real Ninjitsu is fun.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
This is what I have in the end - he's buffed at the moment so don't mind the stats as they are 700, 150, 370. I'm still skilling up a few things but after all the help wanted to show my finished product. I went with Bleed and Poison Breath in the end and decided to just keep normal magery. Some suggested I go with mortal strike as it does more damage, but I like the hit point drain of bleed. Thanks again for all the help.

Attachments

Ascalon

Adventurer
Wow, looks nice, not having that, Oh, it's wrecked feeling about your build. (some pets. F :facepalm:). I think it's within the margin, but did you do 65 cold instead of 65 poison, because of one of the champ spawns being cold? One suggestion, to train your poison to GM and maybe gain some magery and resist, you can farm nightmares in Ilshenar. You might pull some 2 slot rare mares and it's fairly easy to do. Once you have a couple of those, you could try builds for them. You can actually make a necromare, but it's a really tight build as far as points, and you really have to shave points off from places you notice a little bit. It's still one of those unique builds you can do. Also, it would give you insight on building mares if you get a hold of a pre-patch one. The prototype builds I've made on them are mystic mare and necro mare. Necro mare is a build that I would say is a "master class" build, to do successfully without messing it up.