• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane dragon advice

kaz

Visitor
Hello all.

working on a bane dragon, on test centre of course (cuz I only get one shot at this).
im a pvm player most of the time.
Ive been experimenting with both poison breath and venomous bite skills. I think i like the breath skill more. Both builds have armour ignore.
but im finding him a bit on the squishy side, and think he could use more HP, but not sure where i can steal the points from.

i would love some feedback on my build. Its attached.

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have a stronger poison attack when hit. Just give it to me if you are going to ruin it.
(Notice the red note: It says you have to change to poison magic. So the Magery will be gone.)

Ill make an AI/Chiv out of it.

If you want a Magery pet a current spawning 2 slot nightmare will make one...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Definitely have to be careful with Banes. Could kick my sons butt. Had a Bane in the stable and he took it upon himself to train it up. It was phenomonal for a while and I was blown away by how he was able to max all kinds of things on it....

then I heard about the 'release and retame' bug.... then they 'fixed' the pets that were done like that..

long story short? Keep account passwords away from your young'uns... even if they are above 18
:yell:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello all.

working on a bane dragon, on test centre of course (cuz I only get one shot at this).
im a pvm player most of the time.
Ive been experimenting with both poison breath and venomous bite skills. I think i like the breath skill more. Both builds have armour ignore.
but im finding him a bit on the squishy side, and think he could use more HP, but not sure where i can steal the points from.

i would love some feedback on my build. Its attached.
Poison Breath and Venomous Bite are completely redundant on Bane Dragons. Bane Dragons already have the innate ability to DP their melee attackers when fed Blackrock Stew, and can inflict Greater Poison on ranged attackers with their retaliatory Poison Spit. Waste of TP to put Venomous Bite/Poison Breath on them. I see so many people fall into that trap and ruin their Bane Dragons with it.

Definitely have to be careful with Banes. Could kick my sons butt. Had a Bane in the stable and he took it upon himself to train it up. It was phenomonal for a while and I was blown away by how he was able to max all kinds of things on it....

then I heard about the 'release and retame' bug.... then they 'fixed' the pets that were done like that..

long story short? Keep account passwords away from your young'uns... even if they are above 18
:yell:
Yep. Saw a Bane Dragon the other day in the Yomotsu Mines on Atlantic with 1,055 Health/150 Stamina/600+ Mana, 645 STR/150 DEX/700 INT, 20 HPR/10 SR/30 MR, 365 total Resists, all 120 Skills, and Magery Mastery/Venomous Bite/Aura of Nausea. That's a stat exploited Bane Dragon. Even 2 slot Frost Mites don't reach that high intensity of Health/Stam/Mana. There's a 3,300 Total Stat Intensity Cap for Health+Stamina+Mana (which 2 slot Frost Mites can hit, mine hits it at 1,033 Health/150 Stamina/252 Mana), and that Bane Dragon was WAY over it.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah I saw that Bane as well not too long ago. All I could think was "Oh, that ass gets to keep his"... but at any rate, he too fell into the trap of Venomous Bite and Poison Breath... smh. The only thing I take it out for these days is bank sitting.
Bane.jpg

But hey, at least he did not get to training my Dread... so I guess that is a win.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Poison Breath and Venomous Bite are completely redundant on Bane Dragons. Bane Dragons already have the innate ability to DP their melee attackers when fed Blackrock Stew, and can inflict Greater Poison on ranged attackers with their retaliatory Poison Spit. Waste of TP to put Venomous Bite/Poison Breath on them. I see so many people fall into that trap and ruin their Bane Dragons with it.

Yep. Saw a Bane Dragon the other day in the Yomotsu Mines on Atlantic with 1,055 Health/150 Stamina/600+ Mana, 645 STR/150 DEX/700 INT, 20 HPR/10 SR/30 MR, 365 total Resists, all 120 Skills, and Magery Mastery/Venomous Bite/Aura of Nausea. That's a stat exploited Bane Dragon. Even 2 slot Frost Mites don't reach that high intensity of Health/Stam/Mana. There's a 3,300 Total Stat Intensity Cap for Health+Stamina+Mana (which 2 slot Frost Mites can hit, mine hits it at 1,033 Health/150 Stamina/252 Mana), and that Bane Dragon was WAY over it.
I heard people are able to exploit pets currently. A few people must have found another way.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I heard people are able to exploit pets currently. A few people must have found another way.
Yeah they are. You see someone rolling around with a pet that has 0 skills or below what they tame at, that is a good indicator. I have seen quite a few in training areas at 17-20 skills range.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If this is so, then we can possibly expect another great revert..That would be pretty bad for the game and the rest of us mortals that do not commit these cheats. Then we will all pay for some people's TOS violations..Nice sh*t..:mad:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
"WhAtEvEr It TaKeS tO wIn"

*shrugs*

Ya never know what they will do on that front. It's like they never worry about something until it is a widespread problem and a LOT of people benefit from the glitch. If it is just a few.. then that seems to be ok.

kaz

Visitor
They have a stronger poison attack when hit. Just give it to me if you are going to ruin it.
(Notice the red note: It says you have to change to poison magic. So the Magery will be gone.)

Ill make an AI/Chiv out of it.

If you want a Magery pet a current spawning 2 slot nightmare will make one...
the red note is just a caution on the planner to ensure that the bane has poisoning to make use of the skill.
since it already has poisoning skill, it doesnt apply. Same red message comes up when you select vbite or pbreath on any monster in the calculator.

have you built the AI/chiv bane option? How do you go about raising poisoning? Or are you happy with the birth level poisons?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
the red note is just a caution on the planner to ensure that the bane has poisoning to make use of the skill.
since it already has poisoning skill, it doesnt apply. Same red message comes up when you select vbite or pbreath on any monster in the calculator.

have you built the AI/chiv bane option? How do you go about raising poisoning? Or are you happy with the birth level poisons?
The Bane is not too squishy at 640 HPS.
Banes have innate poison/poison area and special defences if you feed black rock stew once/24 hours (thats how long it usually lasts, use it or not). So not a huge need for additional poison skills.
Try to see if on the cah-uo.com planer you can take some points from the cold 70 resist and poison 70 resist, since resists are very expensive. Also consider not doing 120 in everything, sacrificing some points from tactics make that 115.
You may want to try Chiv/AI bane on the Test center, if you can tolerate some little sacrifices, and it still will be fine, as long as your interests are mostly PvM.
If you use Chiv/Ai spec, and Poisoning drops below 100, it is still irrelevant, since the innate poisoning of the Bane does not depend on the poisoning skill. This is a strange beast indeed.
Do not train on production, until you are happy with what you see on Test Center. Also before you commit a specific plan Post it here for confirmation and additional ideas. Good luck to you.

kaz

Visitor
The Bane is not too squishy at 640 HPS.
Banes have innate poison/poison area and special defences if you feed black rock stew once/24 hours (thats how long it usually lasts, use it or not). So not a huge need for additional poison skills.
Try to see if on the cah-uo.com planer you can take some points from the cold 70 resist and poison 70 resist, since resists are very expensive. Also consider not doing 120 in everything, sacrificing some points from tactics make that 115.
You may want to try Chiv/AI bane on the Test center, if you can tolerate some little sacrifices, and it still will be fine, as long as your interests are mostly PvM.
If you use Chiv/Ai spec, and Poisoning drops below 100, it is still irrelevant, since the innate poisoning of the Bane does not depend on the poisoning skill. This is a strange beast indeed.
Do not train on production, until you are happy with what you see on Test Center. Also before you commit a specific plan Post it here for confirmation and additional ideas. Good luck to you.
thank you. Im currently playing with all the builds on TC, fully scrolling / training all of them and play testing before I do ANYTHING on my home shard.
Im just no getting clear information, donovan says the dual affliction spec (either one of pbreath or vbite, not both, is very viable). Ive seen some people say their passive does greater poison only, some say deadly...
post above told me that i would have to take poisoning when there is already poisoning present, and its currently raising during training on TC with vbreath.
Some say AI/chiv, others say AI/chiv but only if you have the intensity to support it.

theres just a lot of mis information and im very confused.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Raising poison I have not found any way other than through normal game play that raises it quicker.

When it comes to Chiv/Ai.. for me doing that or not depends highly on what you are intending to use it for. That is a powerful combination for sure once EoO hits.. but, if you are trying to build a pet for spawns I would still avoid it. Side 3 and 4 can get a pet in trouble quick by hitting EoO, especially when it comes to Ilsh spawns. IF you are going to use the Bane for Single Target encounters that is among the best builds you can do (even more so than a Disco build imho).

If you are doing a spawn type build I like the FWW build. Adding something like Goo on the bane it seems like it slows down the times it hits it's area poison. That could just be anecdotal.

kaz

Visitor
Raising poison I have not found any way other than through normal game play that raises it quicker.

When it comes to Chiv/Ai.. for me doing that or not depends highly on what you are intending to use it for. That is a powerful combination for sure once EoO hits.. but, if you are trying to build a pet for spawns I would still avoid it. Side 3 and 4 can get a pet in trouble quick by hitting EoO, especially when it comes to Ilsh spawns. IF you are going to use the Bane for Single Target encounters that is among the best builds you can do (even more so than a Disco build imho).

If you are doing a spawn type build I like the FWW build. Adding something like Goo on the bane it seems like it slows down the times it hits it's area poison. That could just be anecdotal.
Hey there. My apologies but whats FWW stand for?

My intention for this pet is to be able to do some spawns with it.
I would like it to be as versatile as possible.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some do not know how to control their per with Chivalry so they think it is not good.

But go ahead and ruin your bane and put something other than AI/Chiv.

A Triton or Naj make good FWW pets. Nightmares make Magery pets. You cant go tame a Bane any more.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This ^^^.
Plus, it seriously depends on whether you want it for Single Target, General purpose PVM or PVP.
Also if you plan to keep it for yourself which I assume you are otherwise you would have sold it for about 1 Plat already, just be aware that it is not 100% necessary to have 120 Parry or Tactics, no real big need for 70 poison resist, or 70 Cold resist. You can make it a good bane, just play on Test with different ideas.
For spawns, I would use Naja with PB/FWW, get Ninjitsu to 120, rest of stuff to 110-115, and watch it destroy level 1-2-3 spawns. Much more disposable pet than the Bane.
Also you should be aware of this:
--If for any reason the Bane goes wild or is accidentally released, it will need to be beat to submission to 10% life by a team of sampires with a ton of death robes ready, avoid killing it when it is at 10%, so you can retame it. This retame is NOT the same as the insta-retaim of Cus and other pets. It will be a real pain, and you may perm-lose the pet.
--Pets in general can go wild unexpectedly, when at un-even terrain due to LOS and other bugs, esp if you keep spamming orders to it while during an LOS situation.
Sry about these nasty news but I though you should know this.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hey there. My apologies but whats FWW stand for?

My intention for this pet is to be able to do some spawns with it.
I would like it to be as versatile as possible.
Frenzied Whirlwind.

Also, have to be careful when it comes to Pawain's advise. Yes, he is knowledgeable but at times that leads to an inflated ego which causes him to think his way is the only 'right way' to be. Like I was telling you in game (at least I think that was you) imo a build is highly dependent on a persons playstyle and what they are wanting to hunt with that pet.

Some do not know how to control their per with Chivalry so they think it is not good.

I gotta call total and unadulterated ******** on you there man. I have played a tamer for almost 190 paid months. But keep on dismissing poorly designed AI as people having inferior skills. The FACT is pets love to cast EoO at in inopportune times.. once they do that the penalty from it makes them take much more damage just as it does for a character. I have had pets die on side four even though I had 2 tamers casting gheal and slapping on enhanced bandies on them simultaneously. Please explain how that is even close to an inability to control a pet.

However, if you have found some magical way to keep your pet from casting EoO I would love to hear it...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You control the pet. Don't put it in situations where it is surrounded.

Pull the pet back when the crowd appears and let it chomp one at a time. Pets do not use EoO like players do. They turn it on and may turn it off 2 attacks later.

Pets die in crowds because they change targets without hitting anything. They go into a death spin no matter what abilities they have when in a crowd. They are not dying because of EoO.

Use FWW at the black forest spawn on the first two levels. You will see that pets tend to use it on the first attack at a group. Once the group surrounds the pet it won't spam FWW like a player would.

FWW works ok in a crowd with a Triton because they have plenty of HP and can heal. They can last a lot longer surrounded than other pets. Especially a bane.

Learn to control your pet let it use it's high damage chiv so it can chew through the mobs you can't kill fast with area spells. You should be killing the first two levels of a spawn.

This thread is about banes. When adding a magic with chiv or FWW you will not have enough points to get 20 hpr.

Last edited:

kaz

Visitor
Well. Ill be building 3x builds on test and will be running them literally everywhere I can.

Im more than happy to circle back with final builds/feedback once done, as long as people are open to hear it.
Also. Once im done. Im happy to share the banes out on test for you to see for yourself if you disagree with my findings.
Im going into this with a completely open mind, with no bias, as I didnt even know these pets existed until a couple of months ago (been gone for 15 years).

kaz

Visitor
Hey dude, did I not see you on another thread asking donovan to comment as an expert, and then donovan confirming that there are other options? Was he wrong?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You control the pet. Don't put it in situations where it is surrounded.

Pull the pet back when the crowd appears and let it chomp one at a time. Pets do not use EoO like players do. They turn it on and may turn it off 2 attacks later.

Pets die in crowds because they change targets without hitting anything. They go into a death spin no matter what abilities they have when in a crowd. They are not dying because of EoO.

Use FWW at the black forest spawn on the first two levels. You will see that pets tend to use it on the first attack at a group. Once the group surrounds the pet it won't spam FWW like a player would.

FWW works ok in a crowd with a Triton because they have plenty of HP and can heal. They can last a lot longer surrounded than other pets. Especially a bane.

Learn to control your pet let it use it's high damage chiv so it can chew through the mobs you can't kill fast with area spells. You should be killing the first two levels of a spawn.

This thread is about banes. When adding a magic with chiv or FWW you will not have enough points to get 20 hpr.
This reminds me of the old adage of 'Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face'. Ideally that is how it is supposed to work. But like life, on occasion the game has a way of doing what it does.. most especially with the 'sight' issue, as well as the 'no push through' issue with pets. There are a lot of other lazy and crap coding that adds to Chiv being the wrong thing on a pet at times. The Chiv/Ai is nowhere near the end all be all with the current mechanics.

Just for comparison.. the Chiv/Ai pet I do have is a Cu with high healing and high hp's. So it is akin to the Triton. Since playing around with the Cu I have not done another Chiv pet as I find it to be a liability more then effective when more than one target is present... others playstyle may be different. But, I would not feel I was serving the community at all if I did not share my dissenting voice during their decision making process.

I do agree with you that points are tight on a Bane, imo they really need one more training round to be considered in the top tier of PvM pets.

When it comes to FWW there is a little trick to getting a pet to trigger it. I stumbled across it while running Shadowguard with the Tritons I have. I will not mention it on the boards (the Devs might 'fix it' :rolleyes: ) but I will share via PM for any player who has not already figured it out and are interested in knowing it.

Well. Ill be building 3x builds on test and will be running them literally everywhere I can.

Im more than happy to circle back with final builds/feedback once done, as long as people are open to hear it.
Also. Once im done. Im happy to share the banes out on test for you to see for yourself if you disagree with my findings.
Im going into this with a completely open mind, with no bias, as I didnt even know these pets existed until a couple of months ago (been gone for 15 years).
Smart idea. If you did not know about the Bane.. do you know about the Dread Mares?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey dude, did I not see you on another thread asking donovan to comment as an expert, and then donovan confirming that there are other options? Was he wrong?
We play on the same shard so I see the other options in use. When an AI/Chiv walks up to a target, you can see the difference. We try not to tell players what to do, but some of us may never have a Bane and we see them ruined on Atlantic often. He is too nice to tell you straight up so he will help you build whatever you want. A guy on LS built a Bane, I gave him step by step instructions, but he stuck Magery and Eval intel scrolls on it early. Luckily he had not put Chiv on so we changed gears and made it the best Magery Bane we could. So, ya you have other options.

Whatever you choose, you need that associated magic over 100 to see how the pet will really behave. That's why Don would give you a finished version of a pet on TC to try them out. Pets with low magic skills are squishy and lead players to think they will be like that forever.

Also it sounds like you do not have a lot of pets. I would recommend building a Triton and Naj with FWW. A current 2 slot Nightmare with Magery. Cus and Lesser Hiryus can get all the bells and whistles with AI/Chiv. IMO you should get those skilled above 115 in Their magic and by then you can decide what you prefer on a 1 time build for a pet you can not replace.

kaz

Visitor
Thanks for the response.
I have several pets that I use currently. Including an aoe naja, mage mare (which admittedly i screwed up), a rune corruption fire beetle: and my AI/chiv Cu who is my fave.

If AI/chiv is likely the best, I am probably going to land there. But not until I play test several different build types.

Question though: would an AI/chiv build essentially put this bane out of any chance of pvp? I spawn on occassion, and sometimes its necessary to get into a tussle.

I never posted my base stats:
Hits:611
Stam:123
Mana:125
Str:534
Dex:123
Int:125

Resists:
Phys:70
Fire:50
Cold:45
Poison:52
Energy:40

67.5%intensity.

kaz

Visitor
Oh. And yeah. I copied over scrolls to fully max skill the bane builds, as like you said, I need to see them at top end finished

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the base that I would use. Do resists as you like.

Not enough points to get Stam and HP regen to max.

While you are on TC take it to something that hits hard. I dont know if Ice event is there but a Para Arctic Ogre lord would be a good test. If not you can make a Para Balron at chaos pretty quick.
Some say they do not need stam regen. But you can see if it does, let it take a few hits and see if the stamina drops.

If so, you have to decide what to put in Stamina and HP regen. Stamina regen not over 5.

The base would be the same for FWW.

This base is designed for maximum Mana regen. That's what the pet fights on because mana goes to 0 fast.

A Dreadmare is very similar in amount of build points to a bane but horses lose stamina more than other pet types so they need more stam regen.

We can see if anyone disputes that base build. PSFTW may say not to add any mana.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not enough points to get Stam and HP regen to max.
I know he was asking about Fel side, if you are taking a pet Fel side you will likely need the Stam regen for sure. I do find my pets lose stam there much more than Tram. So don't forget to hit a spawn Fel side on TC to check it out as well.

Also.. imo if you are a tamer who has Spellweaving on the temp the HPR is not a critical must have, like it would be for temps without sw. I keep Gift of Renewal on my pets, so I skip the HPR if/when points are tight.
(for those who have not figured it out yet, to get the timer down on Gift.. at 120sw/120eval cast gift on pet, then bless on yourself.. bless is close to running out, gift is running out)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol just been talking to two idiots on Atlantic. Expert pet builders with nothing built.

I know he was asking about Fel side, if you are taking a pet Fel side you will likely need the Stam regen for sure. I do find my pets lose stam there much more than Tram. So don't forget to hit a spawn Fel side on TC to check it out as well.
I don't know about that. I put stam regen on my pets because I have always been afraid the devs would change it so they need more. It goes to 30, it seems they expected us to need more than 5 or 10.

Also you could run bard songs to get regens to caps without real points, but that's not how I advise players to build.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I built a Dread recently with AI/Chiv. I have used it at the forest spawn and Blackthorns plus peerless.

It also does not have a lot of points. It's way squishier than a Cu but I can use Consume and it is fine.

It has 87 more points. At this point I would put them in Mana regen. But, Ill keep testing it.

1609571182988.png

kaz

Visitor
Thanks everyone.

Ill be building and skilling the third bane (AI/chiv) this weekend. So itll be interesting to test all 3 out.
Its a tough one, and there definitely will need to be sacrifices made to do AI/chiv. Hes not very high intensity and the points are very tight indeed.

As previously stated. Ill be testing all three fairly robustly. Ill post my results when ready.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In what PVM scenario would you prefer a bane ai chiv pet over a cu, triton, or crimson drake ai/chiv pet? If you cant answer that, you may want to really think if this ai/chiv bane is the right choice. The reason banes are so pricey is because it is one of the best pvp pets in game. Many bane pvpers will honestly chuckle when they see a ai/chiv bane so if you’re doing it to look flashy or cool on a 1 plat bane, you’re actually just doing the opposite.

at the end of the day tho, this is a game and we are all here to have fun. If an ai/chiv bane sounds like something you would enjoy even if it isnt the optimal pet choice for PVM and you dont care what other tamer think, then go for it! :D

kaz

Visitor
In what PVM scenario would you prefer a bane ai chiv pet over a cu, triton, or crimson drake ai/chiv pet? If you cant answer that, you may want to really think if this ai/chiv bane is the right choice. The reason banes are so pricey is because it is one of the best pvp pets in game. Many bane pvpers will honestly chuckle when they see a ai/chiv bane so if you’re doing it to look flashy or cool on a 1 plat bane, you’re actually just doing the opposite.

at the end of the day tho, this is a game and we are all here to have fun. If an ai/chiv bane sounds like something you would enjoy even if it isnt the optimal pet choice for PVM and you dont care what other tamer think, then go for it! :D
Absolutely noted. Thats why Im testing multiple builds.
As Ive previously stated. I spawn sometimes. And sometimes there are raiders, and i like to fight raiders...
so im going to go with whatever build best suits me, as a player.
And quite frankly i dont care what people think of me. I will build my pet to be the best pet for me. Theres no intention to sell this, its mine.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The reason banes are so pricey is because it is one of the best pvp pets in game. Many bane pvpers will honestly chuckle when they see a ai/chiv bane so if you’re doing it to look flashy or cool on a 1 plat bane, you’re actually just doing the opposite.
So what build makes for a good PvP pet? The extent of my knowledge is dismount.. but that could be showing my ignorance... From what I have been hearing pets are not a huge factor in PvP these days.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As Ive previously stated. I spawn sometimes. And sometimes there are raiders, and i like to fight raiders...
And quite frankly i dont care what people think of me. I will build my pet to be the best pet for me. Theres no intention to sell this, its mine.
Good to hear! I do champ spawns on my samp and I will generally fend off raiders as well, even on a PvM template.

Your pet will need to compliment your template. As a tamer doing spawns, I would try some of these combos:

Necro/mage tamer with AoE pet like Naja, Triton, Fire Beetle, or your bane (good pet skills are Frenzied WW, Explosive Goo, and Poison Breath AoE)
- for defending a spawn, you'll be on foot so you want to Bola to dismount, then sick your pet on the raiders. Naja and Triton shine because they have over cap dex and will keep up with running players much better.

Archer tamer with AoE pet
- for defending spawn, dismount with hvy cross bow, sick pet on player

Sword tamer with ridable bane. Bane won't do much during spawn. You're basically a Sampire minus the necro and one other skill like anat or resist..
- dismount with no dachi. Sick bane on raider. Bane should be built for PvP in this case.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Dismount not that hot, and remount macro remounts the Pker in split second. Pkers dot play afk also..The best pet to try to rebut Pker would be something to put them at a defensive position, keep healing all the time while striking quickly, and out-run the Pker, so high dex, also preferably a pet that has no slayer. But once you get raided, usually by 2-3 Pkers, your best bet is to just get away, and if not the graciously accept a new suit of grey robes, do something else and come back a little later. Actually Pkers are fun to fend off and run away from, they are not the most dangerous. Now good thieves, they are the ones you have to worry about more..lol. No pet is any match for Pkers.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I have two banes myself. One is an AI/Chiv the other is an Exploding Goo/AI/Magery Bane. Both are great pets and both have their uses. The Exp Goo one is great for spawns, it keeps up with my FWW/PB Naja damage-wise. Also since it's rideable you can very quickly move around the spawn targeting larger groups of mobs. You also have a chance to escape when raiders show up. The AI/Chiv one is great for anything single target damage but can still do a lot of AoE damage with the innate poison ability, I used this one a lot for Krampus recently. I personally wouldn't waste the points on adding another poison skill to it. My banes, when full on stew, will do Deadly Poisons but admittedly more so Greater Poisons.

You have the points to do AI/Chiv but I would recommend keeping your tactics at 120 and removing your stamina Regen, there are other benefits than just base damage that Tactics provides with Chivalry. For the Stamina Regen, I don't understand the formulas behind it but a fully trained Bane that is full on Stew will do fine without the Stamina Regen, it has something to do with it's innate abilities.. Always make sure your Bane is fed with Stew every 24 hrs when using it outside of just riding around. There is a remarkable difference in damage and how well it will last in battle. You can test that of course and I would recommend it but I have yet to run into an issue with this on my AI/Chiv Bane.

Beyond that the Exp Goo/AI/Magery Bane is a solid option as well. I did this on my first bane because it really didn't have enough points to do the Chiv/AI build properly. It does great for spawns and will be an overall cool pet to have as you get a free AoE innate poison that combines really well with the Exp Goo. It will bless itself which you can bless on top of for a little extra boost as well. It will hit pretty hard when it does use its AI against the boss or other creatures.

If you want to play with one on TC just let me know I'd be happy to give you either one or both so you can see a fully trained one and get a feel for their uses.

Also again make sure you have Stew with you on TC so you can get a true feel for them. Otherwise they will be far from their full potential.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Beyond that the Exp Goo/AI/Magery Bane is a solid option as well.
Quick question on this... do you notice the Bane doing it's area Poison significantly less than the other Bane? I was not sure how 2 areas work on one pet when it comes to frequency of it hitting.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Quick question on this... do you notice the Bane doing it's area Poison significantly less than the other Bane? I was not sure how 2 areas work on one pet when it comes to frequency of it hitting.
I haven't really noticed a difference between the two, on both pets I see greater and deadly poisoned mobs quite often in battle. Not to say there couldn't be a difference between the two, just not one that I've noticed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are supposed to do the poison when hit, so it should not be in their offensive AI and it should use the mana pool we don't see when it gets fed stew.

Also good to know they may not need stamina regen. That would save a lot of points.

kaz

Visitor
Yeah. That saves a ton of points.

Does anyone on this thread know the optimum PVP builds?
I would like to test those out as well

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I started playing again in late 2019, I read up on training pets and worked on my favorite cu sidhe. I wondered why it only got one round of points and then learned it was because it was four slots as PP. That was disappointing, but then it broke my heart to read there was a possibility of releasing and retaming. But several months ago, I tried it on all my other PP pets, sidhes and GDs, a whole bunch of times on each. I had one red sidhe that after four releases and retames did drop to 4 slots. That was even releasing it on the human owner and having an elf tamer tame it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I started playing again in late 2019, I read up on training pets and worked on my favorite cu sidhe. I wondered why it only got one round of points and then learned it was because it was four slots as PP. That was disappointing, but then it broke my heart to read there was a possibility of releasing and retaming. But several months ago, I tried it on all my other PP pets, sidhes and GDs, a whole bunch of times on each. I had one red sidhe that after four releases and retames did drop to 4 slots. That was even releasing it on the human owner and having an elf tamer tame it.
The release and retame for Cus and Hiryus only worked for a few months. You only had to release them 1 time and they would retame at 3 slots instead of four.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The release and retame for Cus and Hiryus only worked for a few months. You only had to release them 1 time and they would retame at 3 slots instead of four.
I'd read about it in an old thread and figured to try it anyway. It worked last year on a PP pet, but as I said, after a bunch of releases and retames. I think it fell down to 16 wrestling and tactics, which I could live with so long as it became a 3-slotter. This was only one pet out of a dozen that it worked for.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here it is: September 21, 2020, because I excitedly messaged my best friend. Maybe the bug wasn't completely fixed, not that I'm complaining.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
That was a mechanic, that some few people used to exploit pets, Cus in particular, and others. This constituted an exploit. This created Cus and other pets with unreasonable and often massive stats. The devs were informed, and then put in place changes in code that affected the entire taming community, kind of a large uproar then after the "taming revamp". They also hinted that they would delete any remaining pets that were exploited this way, on sight. Not sure if the delete happened or not.
This was a bad situation, and not many of us like to discuss it, especially for the possibility of a revert or "fix", or anything that would negatively affect taming in general.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Returning to the subject, I must thank Donovan for his help regarding Bane Dragons. I decided to correspond with him directly given the reception I received asking questions regarding this pet on the forums ;)