• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bandage Self and Bandage Target

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to have trouble activating the Bandage Self and Bandage Target macros.

I have the bandages. I assign it to F1. Nothing happens.

I do not use UOA. Suggestions?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's already an in-game macro set to F1 - that of the accessing the codex of Wisdom.

In the Macro editor, use the "Next" button to cycle through the Macros to find it, then delete it. That should fix your issue.

Also, you will need a separate macro if you use the "reversed" bandages that are stealables or from a small fraction of the Bandage summoner talismans. Neither the UO nor UOA macros recognize those as bandages for purposes of their innate bandage macros.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if u have disabled that new targeting system (puts bracket around u or target) then in your macro u must enable targetting system, run bandage, disable targeting system

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UO Relic, I've never had that targeting system on any of my characters, and can still bandage macro on the few characters that don't use UOA for it. Are you sure that wasn't just the case when that new system was introduced?

I believe after it was introduced, they added a specific "Bandage self" macro that didn't require the targeting system.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
macros previously set up to use aids work fine, attempted to set one up just a few days ago and it will not .... had to set up 'last object' - 'last object' to get it to use a bandage on myself

tried 'last object' with: target self, bandage self, target next, last target and wait for cursor

also tried just 'bandage self'

but my tamer has no trouble with the macro set up a while ago to bandage pets, 'last object, last target'

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Last Object, Last Target" is the Swiss Army Knife of macros. With it you can bandage the same target over and over, go through stacked corpses, mine the same spot repeatedly, fish in the same spot repeatedly, chop the same tree repeatedly, Make repeated attempts to pick a lock until you succeed, etc. I'm still probably forgetting half the uses.

EVERYONE should have it set as a macro on all their characters.

Trixicle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
please just spell it out for me exactly as the macro is to be - i am going mad here trying to figure it out and nothings working

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In the classic client, go into options, macros

click add, choose your key combination.

Click in the first "Actions" box, scroll ALL the way down to the bottom.

Third from the bottom is "Bandage Self"

Click it, and hit the Apply button.

That's it, for bandage self, but note that it only works with bandages pointed the normal way. The "reversed" bandages from some bandage summoning talismans and stealable from some strongboxes in town don't work with the macro.

Second from the bottom is the "Bandage Target" selection, which requires you to use the "new targeting system" (in other words, you can't have "Disable new targeting system" box checked on in your settings). I believe it attempts to bandage the item currently targeted in that system.