• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Band Bug?

G

Last night my roommates and I decided that it might be fun to play "band". One of the roommates went and bought it, returned to the lot, and placed it out for use. That's when we began having glitches. Any time anyone (roommate, owner or visitors) moused over the band object or clicked on it they would turn pink and freeze for several minutes. When we do click on the band, the only option available is "Learn to use". Has band been disabled? The pink, frozen sims is humorous, yet aggravating. Although, I must admit... "The Pink Freeze" would be a great band name !

G

I think when objects are disabled they are removed from catalog and a message pops up over them when you try to put your cursor over (This object has been disabled).

I may be wrong...did you try resetting the lot?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think when objects are disabled they are removed from catalog and a message pops up over them when you try to put your cursor over (This object has been disabled).

I may be wrong...did you try resetting the lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope band object allows you to purchase, place and use it with no popup messages about the problems with it not working.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Last night my roommates and I decided that it might be fun to play "band". One of the roommates went and bought it, returned to the lot, and placed it out for use. That's when we began having glitches. Any time anyone (roommate, owner or visitors) moused over the band object or clicked on it they would turn pink and freeze for several minutes. When we do click on the band, the only option available is "Learn to use". Has band been disabled? The pink, frozen sims is humorous, yet aggravating. Although, I must admit... "The Pink Freeze" would be a great band name !

[/ QUOTE ]

Pink is a visual marker that is useful for the devs and bug fixers. The "Pink Freeze" is a great name, I agree!

Band doesn't pay out? I thought it would on a money lot? I admit to not having played in a long time.

If you aren't on a money lot, I think that is the problem.

Since so few people play with the band object, and even fewer enjoy it, maybe in future it can be made a "toy" that can be played "just for fun."

I just did a search and see that the "band bug" was reported previously. It appears it is glitched (or disabled?) in TC3? That has to be a glitch, and not on purpose, because it makes no sense that something no one likes would be taken away