• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Balloons & Tagging!!!

D

Dita'

Hey everyone!
The dev's listen so let them hear our voice. I have been playing a seriously long time like I know you all have.
Now honestly, do you find the game died down after the tagging and balloons went away?
Like I said, our dev's listen to us for a fact!! So let's quit complaining and get us some balloons! & Tagging! If tagging comes back and you dont like it tag me! Whee

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Yes, if it's going to stop 'friend rapists' serenading you and getting on your web without you even knowing them.

It's a good thing they don't pay out bonuses anymore.

G

Oh how i agree!!! Seriously MOST of the people on the so called friendliest list are ones who run busy homes and serenade all day. Often i dont even know half the ppl on my darn list! I want a way I can CHOOSE whom to be friends with!
Not Just ppl i come in contact with that i just HAPPEN to be skilling with for a few days................

G

If I remember correctly by when it was introduced they only gave us a certain number of balloons that we could give out. As much as I would love to have the balloons back, could we have an unlimited supply as well? Just a thought!

It was actually cool to watch the sims blow up the balloons and hand them over. OMGoodness how dorky is that!!!

M

mike1977

It would have nice to have just left the interaction.

B

B Jordan

The web they have now is kind of cool, because it actually takes some time to build a friend link.

But I don't like that's it's filled with 56 million people. It would be cool if they would introduce a new web, but like the old web. On top of the other one. Except the new web would just show people who you added to that list.

R

Roger Wilco

I liked the old balloon system more, but agree with most people that it needed to allow for more friends than it did. The current friend web is a joke, I never even look at it. Dozens of people who I don't have a clue who or where I met them, nor care in the least about.

The old enemies web which created griefer kiddies running around tagging random people is a perfect example of how the old design crew didn't have a clue as to what TSO players wanted, how they played the game, and how emo the kind of people who play TSO would get at having a red link. There is no way on earth the dev's would ever even consider for a second bringing it back.

I

imported_Juniper Skye

What was really nice about the balloons was that in order to make a friend sims actually had to get up and socialize, dance, serenade, blow kisses and everything. Now I go to a lot to skill and I've made 4 friends just from the serenades they give to help green.

G

I dont think the game died down from taking the balloons away...
I think that happened with extended skilling.
I think a mix of the balloons and current friend web would be a good idea.

G

There were even more friendship ho's with the balloon system as there are now.... because the folks at the top of the list with balloons, paid or conned newbies into giving them balloons (that they never reciprocated) in order to get to the top of the list......at least with serenading their way to the top, they do not cheat anyone out of the full allotment of friends or interactions.

Not everyone values the friendships on their webs, but no one has to go without access to the benefits of friends for interactions and job promotions....nor does anyone have to deal with rejections or breakings of their balloons, because of the limits imposed.

This is a much kinder system, and more accessable to all.

That being said, however, it would be nice if they could bring back the balloon interaction....and maybe a special designation for balloon friends?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The web they have now is kind of cool, because it actually takes some time to build a friend link.

But I don't like that's it's filled with 56 million people. It would be cool if they would introduce a new web, but like the old web. On top of the other one. Except the new web would just show people who you added to that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Friendships SHOULD take effort to cultivate and not be as simple as 'here's a baloon, now you're my friend'. But also agreed that it would be nice if every person you come in contact wtih on a lot did not automatically appear on your web, like you had to have even as low as a 25 with them or something. As far as the 'friendship raping', I can't even begin to say how I hate and resent that phrase. Even if someone does that, it doesn't deserve that term, and if you never come in contact with them again the relationship will decay, so it's hardly an imposition to you to have it happen, and most times it happens when guests are trying to either earn interactions from the first 10 links, or to give themselves social if there are roomies who are on the anti-serenade bandwagon, so you have some of those to blame for the sims feeling like they need to gain social themselves, and the only other way to get it is to play pool with someone, which is usually like pulling teeth where I've been to get someone to stop what they are doing to play with you, IF the place even has a pool table. The methods of getting social solo are so well known many places opt not to even invest the simoleans, especially in EA Land where simoleans are sparse. We can't have it both ways. You guys cannot say you wish sims would be more self sufficent in getting energy and social, and then cry ******
at the aftermath of the methods in which they choose to get that social.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

There were even more friendship ho's with the balloon system as there are now.... because the folks at the top of the list with balloons, paid or conned newbies into giving them balloons (that they never reciprocated) in order to get to the top of the list......at least with serenading their way to the top, they do not cheat anyone out of the full allotment of friends or interactions.

Not everyone values the friendships on their webs, but no one has to go without access to the benefits of friends for interactions and job promotions....nor does anyone have to deal with rejections or breakings of their balloons, because of the limits imposed.

This is a much kinder system, and more accessable to all.

That being said, however, it would be nice if they could bring back the balloon interaction....and maybe a special designation for balloon friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Gilly.

The balloon system (as it was in the olden days) would make it really difficult for newer sims to get jobs or be promoted. Tagging...I hope that is extinct. It may be fun for some of you, but some (maybe most) players are uncomfortable with the angry aggression implicit in tagging. This has always been a game that is attractive to people who want (in general) a "kinder, gentler" game with positive values. If you adore tagging, sign up at WoW and get your kicks there.

D

Dita'

The balloons were cute and I used to see alot of happy sims when they were trading them
True newbies were conned, but they could take them back when they figured it out. I sold a few of mine for some extra cash, it was fun!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tagging...I hope that is extinct. It may be fun for some of you, but some (maybe most) players are uncomfortable with the angry aggression implicit in tagging. This has always been a game that is attractive to people who want (in general) a "kinder, gentler" game with positive values. If you adore tagging, sign up at WoW and get your kicks there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point....I've always wondered why games like that that are centered around aggressive and PK'ing and PvP styles wouldn't be more attractive to those who enjoy griefing others like that, but really I think its because they know in games like that they'd probably be the ones being bullied instead of the bullies

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider the current friendship web to be a reflection of my "community" -- the people I've come in contact with during my time in game. I like this aspect of the design. The incoming-outgoing web lets you see which people you have reciprocated. Those two-way links were easier to read on the old balloon webs.

If someone wants to make me a friend while I'm not paying attention I don't care. I'm often surprised to see strong links on my web to people I don't really know, but just as often I get to know them and consider them friends at some point.

I know some people just love to collect friends. I don't care. If that makes the game more fun for them, let 'em add me to their collection.

D

Dita'

I hope any of you remember how much fun this all was will speak up!

Tagging was more used as we all know for the mafias to play with one another.
This is a real life simulation game, I cant remember the last time I was asked to be red linked in real life lol

I appreciate everyones opinion so far, but in my opinion some of you want this game to be so quaint to the point of blah.

As far as me going to play wow, its not happening! Although I have had my hiatus's with this game, its my game of choice!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I appreciate everyones opinion so far, but in my opinion some of you want this game to be so quaint to the point of blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

If blah means anti-drama, anti-violent and as anti-conflict as possible to you, then yep, count me in as one that relics in the days of blah and harmony

No one game can meet a person's EVERY need. Nobody said you should quit TSO to play WoW, but it might be that you use WoW or EQ or UO or whatever to work out the aggression when you have the urge to go kill something or someone, and then not play it again until you have the urge to do that again. UO even has free shards where you don't even have to pay to do things like that. I don't think asking for something like that to be brought back into a game where it's obvious that the majority of the player base didn't want it or it wouldn't have been taken out is the right thing to do....and it doesn't mean that having those wants/needs to be aggressive is bad, you just need to find a different outlet for the times when you feel that way and not bring it down on those who never want to see it happen here in TSO.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

The balloons were cute and I used to see alot of happy sims when they were trading them

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I like Gilly's idea of having a few special links. Back in the days when each of us only had 10 balloons to give away, I had a friend who took his balloons seriously. If he gave you a balloon it was for keeps. The only time his balloon web opened up was when someone deleted. We were friends for a long time, but he went back to beta and his balloons were long gone by the time I met him. One Christmas eve he invited me over to a house where he was at a party. In front of the Christmas tree he told me he had a gift for me, and handed me a balloon. Then he asked me to dance. It was one of those special moments that brought tears to my eyes. That balloon meant something.

I also like the design that allowed balloons to remain "forever." The current design, where friend links go to zero makes no sense. If you have a friend in rl that you haven't seen in years, you still have a friendship. I don't mind so much that the links decay, but no friendship should go to zero as if you've never met each other.

As I said, I like the current web since I feel it reflects the community of players I've met. But, I do like Gilly's idea for adding a designation for close friends. This is a social game and of course we form real friendships.

(Willing Labrat, I miss ya!!! )

D

Dita'

I think this is exactly why tagging and balloons went away, you few have been our voice.
I think thats why the game died down &amp; I hope the tagging and balloons come back and the kids come back and the less uptight adults and all that jazz.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think this is exactly why tagging and balloons went away, you few have been our voice.
I think thats why the game died down &amp; I hope the tagging and balloons come back and the kids come back and the less uptight adults and all that jazz.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a matter of 'us few', it was quite a number of people....many people left over having been attacked an accosted by these juvenile mafias that flooded them with a dozen or more enemy links for no reason...many more than left over not having the 'privilege' any longer to give those enemy links. There are too many games out there where this type of RP is accepted and even encouraged to bring it into one of the few games left where it isn't encouraged. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but nor do you have the right to expect others to jump on board with your wish to bring that kind of griefing back into the game. I'm sorry that the outcome of this thread hasn't been what you hoped it would be. I've had that happen to me too, but you've got to accept the fact that other people are likely to have differing opinions, and if those people who do have differing opinions outnumber those who share yours, then things just might not go your way. I really hope this isn't a 'dealbreaker' for you, but whether it is or not, I also hope you find an outlet for that aggression, whether it causes you to choose to leave TSO behind or not. I'm not saying your feelings are wrong or that you're not entitled to them, but it sure does seem like you're saying that of those who don't share your opinion.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I think thats why the game died down &amp; I hope the tagging and balloons come back and the kids come back and all that jazz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dream on.

The devs want to attract people to this game. Tagging was removed for a reason, and introducing an outlet for adolescent hostility would be at odds with growing the subscriber base.

If you really need an outlet in this game for your aggression, start a fight club and invite your buddies over. There is fun to be had in the ripping out hearts and pile driving. Knock yourselves out. Enjoy.

If the game died down from lack of tagging, as you postulate, then it deserves to die. I think if you look closer you will find many other factors that contributed to the decline of TSO.

D

Dita'

I never said I was going to use the tag feature or have a need to let out my aggression. No need to keep going there. I think for people who used to enjoy both the use of balloons and tagging should raise their voice

G

TTL

I've been giving this whole thing some thought... For years, people have been begging for "anti-drama" changes to the game; yet, the more "anti-drama" measures get added to the game, the more boring it becomes. I mean, look at it now: Compared to the drama-intensive "yesteryears", TSO is a bland, sterile AFK-fest.

I say, bring back the drama! It was the drama - good or bad - that kept conversations going and incited actual passion within the game! To hell with all this sterility! Bring back the balloons and the tagging, and give us an unlimited number of them! Bring back the auto-accepted interactions! Bring back the things that actually helped make this game fun!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

I've been giving this whole thing some thought... For years, people have been begging for "anti-drama" changes to the game; yet, the more "anti-drama" measures get added to the game, the more boring it becomes. I mean, look at it now: Compared to the drama-intensive "yesteryears", TSO is a bland, sterile AFK-fest.

I say, bring back the drama! It was the drama - good or bad - that kept conversations going and incited actual passion within the game! To hell with all this sterility! Bring back the balloons and the tagging, and give us an unlimited number of them! Bring back the auto-accepted interactions! Bring back the things that actually helped make this game fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Drama is why most of us go to the movies, or watch TV, or read books. It provides flavor to life. I am never against drama in game, per se.

Tagging I am against, because it was usually performed by hit-and-run griefers. Some players were devastated by getting red links. That was not healthy for the game community. As for me, I found it to be annoying, the same way I find swarms of mosquitos at sunset annoying, or dog farts. It was an obstacle to my game enjoyment, and got in the way. I'd arrive at a house and bam, some idiotic kid would be throwing a glove at me.

We have a mix of ages in this game. I'm not adolescent, and I admit I find the testosterone driven antics of many adolescents in game to be not only annoying, but maddening. I know that my game play, where I have goals of skilling and making money, and visiting with friends, is boring for the younger crowd. We need to co-exist if this game is going to be enjoyable for a wide audience.

One group cannot impose drama on an unwilling group and think the game will be the better for it.

I agree that the game can use more drama, more flavor, more depth. I disagree that this should come from griefing or the manipulation of player against player. It is easy to look to player dynamics, because we are accustomed to the game being passive -- we watch our sims skill, we watch our sims craft, we watch our sims use objects. Player to player interactions are about the only non-passive activity we have in this game.

I believe what is added is not player-against-player, but game activities that allow us to be actively engaged in the dynamics of playing. The more choices we have in pursuing goals, the more paths we have to follow in achieving results, the more fun there will be in the game.

D

Dita'

I understand why this post isn't super busy! They left, like I said. Kudos to you that do remember though.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
* claps * I am an ADULT player and i too do miss the amount of ppl the balloons and tagging brought in. And i must add this ALOT of the MAFIAS back then were made up of adults, yes i know because i was in one. Nice old school ROLE PLAYING... was what the game consisted of. These days it is all blah BORING, skill, work, skill work ( youg ot the point ). Can you really say the good ole days werent FAR more entertaining?!?! ( keep in mind i have been here since 9/02 so i been there done that )Yes the game had a boat load of teen players full of angst BUT it was never dull.... all IMHO... I think some people on these boards try to sugar coat their more than obvious i know all opinions, and i am right about everything
Yes i said it .hagn all

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dream on.

The devs want to attract people to this game. Tagging was removed for a reason, and introducing an outlet for adolescent hostility would be at odds with growing the subscriber base.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree , as a mother of a teen and have teens at my home often , i do believe they would enjoy the old tso ( 5 yrs ago ). Because these days they ask * Why do you play that BORING game?? * Most of them play WOW or SL... and in case you don't know pop over to the WOW website and see how many players ( old and young ) as well as SL have. The have MILLIONS online at any given time. Makes TSO look like a lame atari game..... IMO

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

* high fives * Very well said!

edited to add apology**
I am sorry i posted so much however it is something i am passionate about.... GETTING more players back

B

B Jordan

I will agree that the game needs more excitement. I'm not sure if tagging is the excitement it needs though.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Dream on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree , as a mother of a teen and have teens at my home often , i do believe they would enjoy the old tso ( 5 yrs ago ). Because these days they ask * Why do you play that BORING game?? * Most of them play WOW or SL... and in case you don't know pop over to the WOW website and see how many players ( old and young ) as well as SL have. The have MILLIONS online at any given time. Makes TSO look like a lame atari game..... IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

TSO is what it is. People that want an adrenaline rush in an alternate universe can play WoW. Want to create high end custom content, exercise your inner architect or have virtual sex then go hang out in SL. I fail to see why a game based on the uber popular Sims franchise (albeit watered down) would want to aspire to be a lame copy of some other game.

I don't know what game you were playing 5 years ago. My kids (one was teen, one was 20's) bought TSO because they enjoyed "The Sims" and both gave up on it after a brief time because TSO was too boring. They quit while balloons and gloves were still in their heyday. Most of the young people I have known in the game over the years have drifted away for many reasons, and not a single one because they were denied the opportunity to grief other players.

I HAVE known a few players who "lived to grief" and I have not heard anyone complain about their being out of TSO.

N

nobuttkisser

Question... aren't you sim players tired of trying to ressurect the "dead" leave that baloon/tagging issue alone..... I see that some "mafia's" have decided to plant their seed in the soil and "mark their territory" old habits are hard to break.....

Now some of you "KNOW" how you complained about every little thing. bringing back baloons (red blue or whatever,) and tagging will only repeat the headaches that was "reared" as a result of "tagging (red baloons) so as a founder, I for one DO NOT WANT to see this repeat itself.

Edit: p.s. sometime in this fiscal quarter, Sony's Playstation will FINALLY bring out "HOME" for exclusive use of its PS3 owners.... think i'll get off of this sinking ship and go "home" enjoy your game!!!

If this is suppose to be a "new game" then treat it as such. think up new ideas, interact with each other as a large community, and enjoy your game and for pete sake (sorry for the petes who may be in here,) leave TSO and the past alone.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

*falls over fainting*

Mark this down in the calender....I think this is the very first time I have disagreed with you in a very long time, if I even have.....unless this post was extremely tongue-in-cheek and/or sarcastic and I just missed the [sacasm][/sarcasm] tags......if not that then please pass around whatever you're drinking.....I gotta have a shot of it!

Seriously....yes, TSO has become somewhat boring and there is a huge afk epidemic, and yes I do believe there needs to be more ROLEPLAY going on (since after all this game is supposed to be classified as a MMORPG, but I believe that constructive roleplay, community building roleplay, does not have to include drama.....specifically drama that is going to target specific people or groups of people and make them the target for ridicule/harrassment by the barrages of people in the mafias that would target them because they dare not be a lemming.

If the cities weren't going to merge, since BF has always been, and probably will always be dubbed 'Mafia Falls' I'd say since the citizens of that city seem to particularly get a kick out of that roleplay, then let them have it in that city, and those that wanted no part of it either as a participant or as an innocent bystander turned target could jut stay out of the city period. But since the cities are merging, that is not gonna work, so since the 'mafioso wannabes' are gonna be integrated with everybody else, I for one will never support giving them any more tools than they already have to zero in on people who are not willing participants of that stuff. The ONLY POSSIBLE compromise could be if 'gloves' were accept/reject so that those who truly were consenting to play that way could, and those that wanted no part of it would have the option to say NO LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. Other than that, gloves need to stay where they are.....locked up in the TSO vault never to see the light of day again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know what game you were playing 5 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm I believe I did say what game i played....
<blockquote><hr>

i do believe they would enjoy the old tso ( 5 yrs ago ).

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok i believe Dita asked for <u>opinions</u> and ideas. I hope that new players do NOT come to stratics with any opinions or anything ill to say about EA/Maxis because most players do NOT want to hear it. You can't ( well literally you can ) say something but you will be bombarded with the * cheerleaders * comments. As a player since 09/02 i have rarely said anything at all on the boards because of that. Unfair? Absolutely. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion without having darn pom poms throw at them. I for one and ready to stick them pom poms somewhere allright
! Yes EA is SUPPOSED to be a new game however if it truly was new wouldn't it have a complete overhaul??
* stands proud and awaits being pelted with those darn pom poms *

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know what game you were playing 5 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm I believe I did say what game i played....
<blockquote><hr>

i do believe they would enjoy the old tso ( 5 yrs ago ).

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok i believe Dita asked for <u>opinions</u> and ideas. I hope that new players do NOT come to stratics with any opinions or anything ill to say about EA/Maxis because most players do NOT want to hear it. You can't ( well literally you can ) say something but you will be bombarded with the * cheerleaders * comments. As a player since 09/02 i have rarely said anything at all on the boards because of that. Unfair? Absolutely. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion without having darn pom poms throw at them. I for one and ready to stick them pom poms somewhere allright
! Yes EA is SUPPOSED to be a new game however if it truly was new wouldn't it have a complete overhaul??

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...did I just get called a cheerleader?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies if this has already been suggested. Change it so the only way to get on someone's web is to do the balloon exchange. Then social interaction is needed to maintain the friendship. If no social, then it decreased like with the current web. That would keep you from coming out of a skill house with 40 new friends you don't know.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies if this has already been suggested. Change it so the only way to get on someone's web is to do the balloon exchange. Then social interaction is needed to maintain the friendship. If no social, then it decreased like with the current web. That would keep you from coming out of a skill house with 40 new friends you don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that idea, but it makes it that much more difficult for people to get a job -- since you have to have a certain number of friends to work or get promoted. I know that investment in social connections is important, and I make and enjoy that investment, but I know from "starting over" a few times it can be a challenge to find people to link with. I've been reduced to begging in my sim lifetime. I've appreciated the roomies and "friend link hos" at these desperate times.

When your sim is new is when you need that job, and how to find people who will commit to being your balloon friend?

I really think of the web as just a reflection of the entire community I've come across. When the comments worked, it was a good way to signify special friends.

I would like to see balloons added to the current web, creating an index of people who are your friends, leaving the current web to show all the people you've been in contact with. Or, maybe scrap the need for friends in the job process, and make balloons the only friend system.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Works for me...
<center>

</center>

*runs away before she gets a pom-pom stuck somewhere inappropriate*

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I miss the balloons.

Although the tagging made me get pissed of.
I used to be a roommate at a store, and when someone didn't like my prices they Tagged me (because I either didn't lower them or they were not mine). This annoyed the [censored] out of me

Although I remember that one hacker chick in Alphaville who had a romance house. Who like promised to give out 400k pr a hour spent at her house, it was really funny seeing her get tagged and not even care.

O

ore

I'm with you on the Balloons &amp; Tagging! People are running around serenading because they want to see how many friends they can claim. I like choosing my friends, not look up to see Joe Blow or Jane Doe as a friend, and I don't even know who they are. Besides, it's a cute interaction blowing up the balloons and quicker than dancing and watching to see the 100/100 appear.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

I'm with you on the Balloons &amp; Tagging! People are running around serenading because they want to see how many friends they can claim. I like choosing my friends, not look up to see Joe Blow or Jane Doe as a friend, and I don't even know who they are. Besides, it's a cute interaction blowing up the balloons and quicker than dancing and watching to see the 100/100 appear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ore,
I serenade people as a courtesy at my skill house. I really couldn't care less about my "friendship" ring and frankly, I can't remember the last time I looked at it. It means nothing to me. The people I consider friends are, well, people I consider friends..the ones I have a laugh with and talk to. I choose my friends on a personal basis and don't need a green link or a prize or a baloon. If you are 'green linked' with me, believe me it wasn't intentional. I care little how people I don't know are linked to me. I'm not in this high school popularity thing.

If someone I don't know wants to green link with me then they are free to do so. That's how they play their game.

If you don't like to be serenaded at my place all you have to do is ask. It's in my bio.

O

ore

Thank goodness beds and pool tables are available in most houses. And people who have played the game for at least four years know what they are for.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Thank goodness beds and pool tables are available in most houses. And people who have played the game for at least four years know what they are for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, agree! I have lots of beds and pool tables that are always in use at my place! I'll ignore you attempt to be snide and try to stay on topic...

Some people who "go around" sernading care very little if you are linked with them or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ore,
I serenade people as a courtesy at my skill house. I really couldn't care less about my "friendship" ring and frankly, I can't remember the last time I looked at it. It means nothing to me. The people I consider friends are, well, people I consider friends..the ones I have a laugh with and talk to. I choose my friends on a personal basis and don't need a green link or a prize or a baloon. If you are 'green linked' with me, believe me it wasn't intentional. I care little how people I don't know are linked to me. I'm not in this high school popularity thing.

If someone I don't know wants to green link with me then they are free to do so. That's how they play their game.

If you don't like to be serenaded at my place all you have to do is ask. It's in my bio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing the exchange above makes me realize that I really wish there was no 'friendship links' at all, and that we could earn those 10 interactions by doing something else. Laverne is right, those green links have precisely zilch to do with who one's FRIENDS are, and it should be nobody else's business who's friend a person is or who a person's friends are. So, as a compromise how bout we campaign that friendship webs be abolished in EA Land. Most people pancake that all it causes is lag when they try to open them up anyway, so I dont think there will be a whole lot of people who give a crap if they are done away with.

N

Nick6212

Bring back balloons! This new system is stupid and has always been stupid. If you are worried about 'getting tagged' then you really need to get over that. Its a game, rememeber? Your friends know who you are so why should it be a big deal? I completely agree the game died GREATLY after this system was removed. Bring them back!! How hard can it be? Im sure they have all the encoding in their files.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

I remember when we had the balloons, and these Sims would pay others to be on the top. I remember in JP, Lucky Spencer would be at the top of the list every day. It was funner me thinks. Bring back an UNLIMITED supply of baboons plz
Red links never bothered me! I was pwned by the mafia a lot, and it didn't make me quit! I don't remember which Mafia...but they were out to get me