• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

balancing out a necro/samurai with chiv

G

Hi guys.
I've been lurking here for a couple of months and I thought I'd be able to make this template work with everything I've read.
So my template is:

100 Bushido
100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Parrying
100 Anatomy
100 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak.

Stats:
STR: 80
DEX: 80
INT: 65

I will eventually take some skills up to 110.
I know this is a very basic template - I am not very good at this.
And that's the problem really. I'm just doing really badly. I can kill a lot of things, and fight numerous enemies at once, but the tougher enemies are so far beyond me it is not even funny.

I was going to drop Spirit Speak maybe for healing and drop some tactics for chiv, but what would anyone suggest?

I'm new to using necromancy so I have been more or less trying it out, hence why it's higher than it probably needs to be.

I'm wondering what advice anyone has specifically about which skills I don't need, what levels I need things at and how to enhance these skills with items. I'm also unsure about how to balance out the karma between necromancy and chivalry.

Ok well, thanks in advance guys, sorry for such a waffley question.

C

Connor_Graham

This is the template I just finished up (715 skill cap). So far I've been able to solo Reptalons with it, and even had Rend down to half life going toe to toe with him. Miasma is a cakewalk.

Swords 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120
Healing 90 (100 w/enhanced bandages)
Anatomy 90
Chiv 70
Tactics 70
Necro 35

Base Stats-

Str 100
Dex 125
Int 25

G

Ok cool.
Why do you have chiv so high? There's no point in raising it beyond 70 anyway is there? And you're using it for EoO primarily?
And then you're enhancing Necro with items? And you're using it for vamp?
thanks again

C

Connor_Graham

Chiv is at 70 for both being able to somewhat cast Divine Fury successfully most every time, along with EoO and for the poison levels at which Cleanse by Fire successfully cure. It takes several attempts sometimes, even to the point of running out of mana and having to honor something to get some, in order to cure level 6 poison even at 70.

Chiv spells I use are Cons Wep, EoO, Divine Fury & Cleanse by Fire.

Necro is boosted by Ossian Grimoire, +15/14 Necro Brace/Ring, Bloodwood Totem & Midnight Bracers, and yes, it's for Vamp form.

Tactics is at 70 in order to be able to use the primary weapon special on my weapons.

I

imported_Farsight

And I've gone a different way with mine:

Mace: 100 (100 and a +15 ring =115)
Bushido: 115
Parry: 115
Spirit speak: 100 (and a bloodwood talisman +10 = 110)
Necro: 70 (and a +15 bracelet and a bloodwood talisman +5 = 90)
Chiv: 65
Tactics: 100
Anatomy: The rest (Around 70)
I have heavy bonusses in mace fighting, tactics and necromancy. I'm seriously thinking about adding the extra 10 points in chivalry to fail less on EoO.

The big disadvantage of this template is that you can't heal other people and you need mana or corpses to heal effectively. The biggest advantage is that with spirit speak and curse weapon, there isn't much in game that will even scratch you.

If you were to raise only one skill, make it your weapon skill. The second should be bushido.

Realistically, with your template, you should be able to walk into Miasma's area and walk out a rich man on a regular basis, so long as you use vampire form (meaning you can take healing instead of spirit speak). Or if you tend to use a more mana-intense fighting style and have a weapon without mana leech, then you can keep the spirit speak, use wraith form and never run out of mana. But then you're dependent on spells like evil omen and confidence to keep your health up. In that case, you can drop anatomy even further to get chivalry. The extra damage from EoO really helps, as does the SSI from divine fury and consecrate weapon. I wouldn't dream of having a dexxer who can't consecrate a weapon.

G

I've been using curse weapon pretty exclusively with Wraith form so far. That does me pretty well, but if I'm missing or if my opponent is doing too much damage then I'm screwed.

I like the idea of having my base necro skill quite high, I might try to accommodate that.
Is it worth dropping Anatomy to 65 to have Necro at 70? I guess maybe not?
Since I am going to be running in vamp mode pretty exclusively as a paladin/samurai.