• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bake Kitsunes 2 or 3 slot or just 3?

bloodrose

Visitor
Hello,
In reading up on taming different pets I have become a bit confused...all the articles I have found state that Bakes are 2 slot but I have only been able to find 3 in the wild. Do 2 slots exist still or is this something that changed at some point? Also, I have always seen rune beetles as being able to be tamed as 3 slot pets but another article I read said they are 5? I know that slots increase based on training but can you still tame a wild 2 slot bake or 3 slot rune beetle? Thanks guys!

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
rune beetles from 3 to 4 slot, bake range from 2 to 3.

Quite a few creatures have ranges, these are usually determined by their STR values (2 slot nightmare has less than 300 STR, 3 slot nightmare's are usually around 500 STR or over).

Simply put if you can't find any you have to keep on killing :p

EDIT - my bad! ;/

Last edited:

bloodrose

Visitor
Thank you! That helps a lot. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't killing over and over looking for something that doesn't exist :)

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! That helps a lot. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't killing over and over looking for something that doesn't exist :)
I screwed up sorry, just rechecked the taming table and bake minimum is 3 ;/

If you find a 2 slot lemme know tho! xD

If you didn't know Bake's Rage ability doesn't count as a special ability, it's like Healing which is completely void from the special abilities/special moves categories meaning you can give the bake/tsukki wolf 1 more move as a result.
Bake having Magery by default saves a lot of points and it combo's well with Poisoning, switch magic ability to poisoning and train the bake up to GM and then you can switch back to Magery, the poison magery move will be buffed as a result. While you have the poisoning ability you can learn venomous bite/poison breath/aura of nasua, these abilities will still work after you switch back to Magery.

Have fun soz ;p

Tameables - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia <--- this is accurate, worth a bookmark.

You know I might of jumped at that question because i swear when i tamed a bake it was a 2 slot...

Last edited:

bloodrose

Visitor
Ok, thanks for the update! Super helpful information regarding training the one I already have! For a time they were definitely two slot because there are multiple articles and q&a stuff that list them as being one of the best 2 slot combos. I was all pumped about it until I realized the ones I had were three and couldn't find a two after many attempts...I was like okkkk..this must have changed at some point lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bakes are 3. They are useless when trained to 5 slots. They need to have a 2 slot variety.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Bakes are 3. They are useless when trained to 5 slots. They need to have a 2 slot variety.
Did they change it with the new taming patch? I used to take out 2 bakes but that was a couple of years ago.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It changed with the taming revamp. All old ones go straight to 3 if you hit begin training as well. I never found a 2 slot one since patch