• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Baja Tournament of Champions (~2002?)

Mini Maj

Visitor
Hey - Found an old hard drive while cleaning out storage the other day. Fired this up and found these videos. Brought back some memories and I thought i'd share these...

I remember this being a pretty fun event and yes I did receive the title "grandmaster duelist" and a white sword (sword of the champion). I sold the sword on eBay not long after the tournament and my account in 2003. Anyone claiming to have earned it (other than JT) on Baja was lying to you.

Fun fact: The final almost was over before it started. I was being chased around the arena by a bunch opposing factions trying to gank me as I was stupidly in a faction at the time. Had I died I would have been in stat loss during the final. GMs or counselors pulled me into the arena just before I was about to get killed.

UO Baja TOC Final - JT & Mini Maj vs Lewis & Dirty Love

UO Baja TOC Semi Final 1 - Lewis & Dirty Love vs KNIGHT FALL & Knightsodyssey

UO Baja TOC Semi Final 2 - JT & Mini Maj vs Black Rose & Luxford

Hard to believe this community is still alive and kicking. Havent thought about UO in years! Anyways, hope you all are doing well.

-Mini Maj

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My memory of the Tournament is that BowlFrog always won, and no one figured out how "she" was doing it.

Some time later, we found out that back at that time, "female armor" could be worn underneath plate, thus BowlFrog was doubly protected. This was cheating, since contestants were supposed to be using only grandmaster-manufactured armor, and "her" unseen layer was magic.

Mini Maj

Visitor
My memory of the Tournament is that BowlFrog always won, and no one figured out how "she" was doing it.

Some time later, we found out that back at that time, "female armor" could be worn underneath plate, thus BowlFrog was doubly protected. This was cheating, since contestants were supposed to be using only grandmaster-manufactured armor, and "her" unseen layer was magic.
I have no idea what tournament you’re referring too. I’ve never heard of BowlFrog and she didn’t win this tournament. To my knowledge there was no follow up tournament to this. There was supposed to be a tournament consisting of all the winners from each shard but that never happened.