• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Baja Community Center to Close for Renovation

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Friends,

The Baja Community Center, located against the North inner wall of Luna in the North-West corner, is in the process of CLOSING in preparation for Renovation and Redesign. It is likely that later today or tonight the Center will be changed from Public to Private. All items and contents will be packed away and placed in storage.

Sarsmi has agreed to oversee and undertake the Redesign and Renovation on behalf of Charlemagne, the Caretaker and Ancient Greeter. Charlemagne also serves as Leader of the (HIYA) Guild, the Baja Welcome Brigade.

Charlemagne asks the People for their final input and comment on the following:

What are the most important things/features wanted by the People for their use (i.e. public runebook library, public dye tubs, public crafting tools such as anvils/forges, looms an spinning wheels, public luck statues, arcane circles, large meeting area, teleport Tile Hub, in-game Book library of player written books and Guides, etc, please add feedbook for anything wanted/needed I have missed.)

Charlemagne adds that it is his hope and intention to create "Community Chests" of items essential to New and Returning Players and to place and maintain a quantity of these Community Chests at the Center for distribution to our New and Returning Citizens. To that end, Charlemagne will be recruiting "Ambassador's" to join the Welcome Brigade (HIYA) Guild to help him to have someone available 24/7 to meet such needy Citizens. Any willing to help in that regard are asked to send me a PM, private message, or contact Charlemagne, myself, or either of my in-game Cousins, Dar (TOT) or Aerowyn (S|A), with our Thanks.

Anything you believe is essential to be included in these Community Chests, I ask you list them here.

Charlemagne very much wants the Baja Community Center to be a helping resource and place of Welcome to all of Baja's Citizens, but especially for New and returning Citizens or visitors from other shards.

Once the Baja Community Center has completed Redesign and Renovation, an announced Grand Reopening Gala shall be Held. Charlemagne seeks suggestion for day of week and time folks think most would be able to attend such a reopening.

Next to Lastly, Charlemagne is deeply appreciative of all those who use the Baja Community Center, who support Welcome efforts for New and Returning Citizens as well as our permanent residents, and any and all past and future Donations in support of the Center. Once reopened, the Community Center will again include a Mailbox where items, donations, and suggestions may be contributed.

Lastly, Charlemagne is developing skills to cure, resurrect, and aid all Citizens and their Pets which the Mystical Forces controlling Baja will permit. Charlemagne will attend Events where such abilities may best serve our Citizens. He and all those He knows will monitor General Chat whenever awake in our World to answers calls of need for such services.

Please, as you read this, please post your thoughts and comments.

Lord Elladan of Trinsic/Baja for
Charlemagne, Caretaker and Ancient Greeter,
Baja Community Center

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some things I think are important are:

1. Public Rune Library that feels like a library which includes Tammel, Felucca, all moongates, EM event sites, shrines, dungeons, Vendor locations not in Luna proper, taming areas and other interesting places.
This room could also be used to congregate in.

2. Teleporter hub for communities that will not qualify for the Town Banner Program.

3. A complete crafting room including soulforge and dye tubs.

4. A working kitchen that feels like a kitchen.

5. Lockpick training room for the treasure hunter.

6. A public Bulletin board in each of these areas for people to advertise/ask for help etc.

7. A soundproof room for musicians in training. :mf_prop:

8. A mailbox where people could drop off items to donate.