• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bait

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does bait work? Do you have to apply it before every cast? On traps do you apply it after every catch, or is it good till trap disappears?

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. I am getting the feeling that I am the only one who doesn't know how to use bait.

Northern Whaler

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For fishing you apply the bait and if you dont catch anything its still baited but if you pull in a fish or footwear it uses the bait and you have to reapply it.Not really sure about the lobster pots tho

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the crab traps you have to reapply bait every time you pull it out of the water whether you caught anything or not.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much for your replies. Is your information drawn from experience, or was this documented somewhere?

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK. A little update here. I went stone crab fishing with baits. I had to bait each trap individually by double clicking on bait, then single clicking on target trap. When the trap was deployed, a message is seen when cursoring over the buoy that a bait has been applied. My experience so far is that for approximately 50 traps baited, one stone crab is caught. This is indeed an improved rate, at least for me.

When a trap is pulled out of the water, it has to be re-baited regardless if it was full or MT when pulled.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to bait a stack of traps so long as the stack isn't bigger then the amount of charges you have left in your bait cup.