• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bad impression for my first week

L

Lillyuo

This game is giving me a bad impression. I've owned it since the 18th. During that time:

My server has been down every single day for a while..it's been down "til 1:30" twice.

My server has a wait of over 300 people at 8pm my time

There are annoying bugs. One is that if I hit my windows key to go talk to someone in vent, I cannot reenter the game. It freezes up on a black screen. The only way to do it is to hit control alt delete and wait through the 300 people queue AGAIN.

If this crap continues, I wont be here for a second month.

A

Anathesius

I'm having a great experience so far. I'm on Monolith server and there's no que, TONS of people to group with and fight against, short wait times for battlegrounds, etc.

Granted, I have the same black screen, server downtimes, etc that everyone else has, but the game is only in it's first week.

Having played nearly every MMO that's come out since UO, I can say that this is THE smoothest release I've seen so far.

Vanguard anyone?

I'd suggest hanging in there and trying a different server. If you're dead set on remaining on your current server, you're just gonna hafta take the que times in stride.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the downtimes are a bit annoying, but expected for the first month. At the rate they are fixing the bugs though in a week most of the server side suff should be straightened out.

The wait sadly cant be blamed on anyone but the players. If people are not willing to move to a less populated server you get to wait during peak times. And for the record I do play on one of those servers and no I'm not leaving.

If your sticking when you tab out of the game, are you sure your in windowed mode? I tab in and out of the game constantly and have never had a single problem with it. But, i am in windowed mode running the window at 1680 x 1050 so it might as well be full screen.

just a couple of thoughts anyway.

B

Beele

All the downtimes are a bit annoying, but expected for the first month. At the rate they are fixing the bugs though in a week most of the server side suff should be straightened out.

The wait sadly cant be blamed on anyone but the players. If people are not willing to move to a less populated server you get to wait during peak times. And for the record I do play on one of those servers and no I'm not leaving.

If your sticking when you tab out of the game, are you sure your in windowed mode? I tab in and out of the game constantly and have never had a single problem with it. But, i am in windowed mode running the window at 1680 x 1050 so it might as well be full screen.

just a couple of thoughts anyway.
I play windoed at 1680x1050, as well, and I have had the black screen of restart, as well. Only once, but even once is highly annoying. I run two screens, usually with a browser open on one screen and the game and other programs on the larger of my two monitors, so I ALWAYS have a lot of stuff going on (and, yes, I am running Vista Ultimate with 4 GB of RAM with no problems at all, other than a not-ready-for-Vista Mobo that gave me a lot of headaches until I shut off any form of power management for the mobo).

In EQ2, I had a lot of problems with Vent until I found a key that I didn't need in EQ2 that was convenient to use for PTT for Vent (no one wants me on VOX when my allergies kick up). I expect the same will be true for WO.

I moved off of Badlands to Sea of Claws because of how many people were on Badlands. A guild I wanted to join is on Badlands, but I would rather have zero down time switching between toons then be in a guild that sounded like they fit my play style. Time will find other guilds, but server loads never seem to get better.

And server downtime doesn't have to be thought of as the end of the world. It means more time for posting on stratics.com, afterall!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a great experience so far. I'm on Monolith server and there's no que, TONS of people to group with and fight against, short wait times for battlegrounds, etc.

Granted, I have the same black screen, server downtimes, etc that everyone else has, but the game is only in it's first week.

Having played nearly every MMO that's come out since UO, I can say that this is THE smoothest release I've seen so far.

Vanguard anyone?

I'd suggest hanging in there and trying a different server. If you're dead set on remaining on your current server, you're just gonna hafta take the que times in stride.

Amen to that, I decieded to wait a week before playing just to let some of the little quarks and server downtimes start to deminish... But overall Im very impressed with their product and online world they have created.