• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Backpacks .. yes backpacks!

Y

yorky

I recently moved over to the EC, something I thought I would never do but with Pinco UI is much more bareable and thus far I would say Im almost happy with it except for one thing, backpacks.
I love the legacy backpacks, but the thing I cannot bear is the tiny item icons/graphics, they are like little blobs of coloured pixels making it very difficult to even know what it is, its not even viable to increase your backpack scale as you end up with enormas backpack and the items are still tiny, its worse with the grid on as the items only seem to fill about 10% of the square.
I would love it if there was an option to use legacy item graphics rather than these miniturised versions, or if its possible to mod them within Pinco's UI?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently moved over to the EC, something I thought I would never do but with Pinco UI is much more bareable and thus far I would say Im almost happy with it except for one thing, backpacks.
I love the legacy backpacks, but the thing I cannot bear is the tiny item icons/graphics, they are like little blobs of coloured pixels making it very difficult to even know what it is, its not even viable to increase your backpack scale as you end up with enormas backpack and the items are still tiny, its worse with the grid on as the items only seem to fill about 10% of the square.
I would love it if there was an option to use legacy item graphics rather than these miniturised versions, or if its possible to mod them within Pinco's UI?
enable legacy containers is not enough for you? :D
not the grid legacy :p

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the EC. Sounds like you need "legacy backpacks".

I thought I would've too, at first. But i've been using grid mode, and there's no way im going back.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the problem is the icons are legacy.. EC used to have its own backpack icons for each item, and they were large and beautiful..
then one day someone complained that CC and EC items didnt look the same so they switched out the graphics for backpack icons to the CC ones. since the EC is higher res, the icons are tiny..

there is ONE EC original icon still left in.. i think its the war axe..

thats what everything used to look like.. :(

Y

yorky

This is what I mean:

The first one which is CC looks fine, the second one which is EC looks distorted and pixelated because its scaled down to the same size, if i use 1:1 scale on the UI, I end up with a huge backpack thats twice the soze of the CC one.

If I turned on the grid which activates many of the features on Pinco UI (like quick loot) then the icons get reduced to tiny blobs (pic3), the same happens if using the normal EC backpack, tiny icons that look awful.

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I mean:

The first one which is CC looks fine, the second one which is EC looks distorted and pixelated because its scaled down to the same size, if i use 1:1 scale on the UI, I end up with a huge backpack thats twice the soze of the CC one.

If I turned on the grid which activates many of the features on Pinco UI (like quick loot) then the icons get reduced to tiny blobs (pic3), the same happens if using the normal EC backpack, tiny icons that look awful.
that's the price of using legacy images...
however the KR original images were just high definition blobs :D

Y

yorky

I tried, but went back to classic :(

Maybe they will update it sometime in the future.

Haruchai

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The OP is pretty much word-for-word what I was going to ask having made a serious effort recently to get used to the EC with Pinco's UI.

It's such a pity. I'm now past the point of giving up on the EC as the new textures and Pinco's work have made it close to playable, but muddy and indistinct artwork is a real bugbear (along with the godawful paperdoll). I guess that's why it is still called a beta (after how many years?)

One thing I should note: the incredible work done by Pinco and other modders ought to be recognised and celebrated by EA Mythic publicly. In my opinion, the EC would be dead as a project if it weren't for them. Thank you guys, for your dedication.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
One thing I should note: the incredible work done by Pinco and other modders ought to be recognised and celebrated by EA Mythic publicly. In my opinion, the EC would be dead as a project if it weren't for them. Thank you guys, for your dedication.
This is 150% spot on! and I believe Its also the main reason we are seeing the art upgrades we are!