• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to Where It Began

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As the ship slightly rocked, people moved to the side of the ship set up to unload passengers. Looking at a harbor she hadn't seen since a very young child but it was the same, yet for some reason something was different. From the docks it looked the same, as she took a deep breath and closing her eyes just for a brief second, it all came flooding in, the words that burned into her memories "Courtney pay attention, don't you want to be powerful and magical?" as her Mother jerked her arm and shook her slightly. Pulling the hood over her head stepping off the ship a tear rolled from the corner of her eye, her long lashes batting trying to stop the wetness of the tears welling up. Telling herself you don't cry over anything so why here, and why now? Opening her pack and reaching to the bottom and pulling back her closed hand, turning her palm up and opening her fingers revealing a small childs toy, a jack as her other hand touches her cheek and closes her eyes unable to move, caught in some trance of a memory. Then just as quickly the memories had flooded her thoughts the loud angry man behind her had started bellowing, "MOVE ALONG, we all want off this dam Boat!" Another deep breath and onward, those scars had all healed over and today I am here to protect the young girl I had swore to protect. Looking around and there she was, that tiny framed Elf Girl had seen me and the smiles beaming from her face was a good sight to see, as she called to me "JAXX, I am so glad you came"......

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As I looked into Jaxx face for the first time since knowing her I saw what remained of a tear, the moisture trail was still glistening from her cheek. As I smiled at her I shoulder bumped her an giggled. "Why so glum?" I had asked. Her reply was more a distraction from where my question was leading, "Of all cities why did you become Governor here?" as she frowned at me. I became somewhat more serious at this point, " I like this city, after my arrival in Britainia I ventured through the Moongate many times and this was my favorite place but of course I immediately was bombed by a Spectre that had wandered from the graveyard, I suppose one reason I have fought the Undead since. Here the city seemed full of magic and wonder and it made me want to learn this culture" looking up to Jaxx for approval of what I was about to say, " Don't you love magic Jaxx? " Only a scowl look was upon her face so time to change the subject was in order. " There has been word of our neighboring Island being a slavers harbor, I wasn't sure it was all true, I asked for counsel and was informed by many, the ones with news on the events there I believed in the most concerned me, so I recently went there to see for myself. The living conditions for the poor are intolerable, the poor do seem to be enslaved and are reluctant to speak to anyone. Here is my problem, with their island so close to Moonglow I fear for the safety of my people and right now the dragons are here to protect them,I myself feel the Dragons need to remain on the island but I need someone to lead an army for me if I chose to send help if Britainia invades Nujelm, I trust you ..." as I paused looking into her face, "Would you consider helping me to send troops and be in charge of my soldiers going to aide in the fight, if an invasion comes to pass?" A long silence and I was beginning to think she was going to say no and then looking at me smiling she began "For you Miss Dragon Lady I am honored you trust in me and I would be honored to serve your army" So my decision had been made and if cities send troops to invade Nujelm I to would have troops there ready to go....