• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to UO

Epidemic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone, I've reactivated my UO account after nearly four years. Interestingly enough, I left for WoW and now I'm bored with it, IMO it's been getting stale.

So, now I remember why I like UO so much and wonder why I stopped playing in the first place. I think it was all graphical, not to say WoW doesn't have its strong points.

I'm pleased to see UO is still around, I'm impressed with the new client, and I'm happy the 2d client is still supported.

Now that I've said that.......Damn I feel like a noob, I'm still trying to figure out how to play this game again, in both clients. I think I may be here to stay this time.

Obviously my old house is gone, but is there any way to retrieve the items that were in it?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!

No all items that where not in your bankboxes are gone.

But no worries , its time you recollect more and better items in your next adventures!

If you got questions, we are here to help.

G

Welcome back, if you are on the Napa shard, PM me and I'll help you in whatever way I can.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey everyone, I've reactivated my UO account after nearly four years. Interestingly enough, I left for WoW and now I'm bored with it, IMO it's been getting stale.

So, now I remember why I like UO so much and wonder why I stopped playing in the first place. I think it was all graphical, not to say WoW doesn't have its strong points.

I'm pleased to see UO is still around, I'm impressed with the new client, and I'm happy the 2d client is still supported.

Now that I've said that.......Damn I feel like a noob, I'm still trying to figure out how to play this game again, in both clients. I think I may be here to stay this time.

Obviously my old house is gone, but is there any way to retrieve the items that were in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry to say but your items in your house would be long gone. What shard do you play?

Epidemic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa Valley, always have, always will. A friend of mine reactivated his account too, so there will be plenty of good times to have. I still have some skilling up to do to finish my mage.

Another friend is thinking about reactivating his account as well, we are really tired of WoW.

My chars name is Saieed Malrier at the moment, but I may change it at some point. If anyone wants to do some stuff send me a whisper.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wooo bring them alll back!

I Play on Napa Valley too!

G

welcome home!

Lotsa good folk in here to answer stuff for ya ... and lots have changed. You left about when I returned. &lt;shrug&gt;

New Haven Guide ... for new characters it may be an assist.
New Player FAQ has some stuff that may be new to you, so you may wish to look in there.

I see Frarc has already been jumping for joy at a new face on his shard ... have fun relearning everything. Feel free to drop in any old time!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I jump of joy with every new face on any shard!

Every new or returning player we see here is a bit of a happy moment.
And we can help them set there first steps (back) in to the world of Sosaria.

Epidemic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yet another thing I had forgotten about while away, the UO community is pretty much awesome. I tried the legacy graphics in KR for the first time tonight, not bad. It had some issues, but I don't know if it's the client or my machine.

And I got ruled by a dragon, I'm a friggen noob. It's all good though, I'm sure I'll be back in the swing of things soon.

So, I still need to get Mundain's Legacy, hopefully that'll happen soon, but hell just going to my old farming lands is like brand new content for me.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Welcome back! If you were on Catskills, you could join me, as I'm another old-timer having just returned after a 6-year break. You can check out the link below to get some information about how to get around in the game. I'm writing down all my major adventures and add screenshots.

Safe travels!
Hawkeye Pike

C

Cat Crimson

I would recommend Hawkeyes travelogues. They are useful, entertaining and a damn good read

Welcome back to UO. I don't have much in the way of characters on Napa, just noob ones but I will trawl through and see if I have anything that might be of use to you. Have fun !