• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to ffxi?

M

msz

I used to play ffxi a few years ago, and then wow came out and i started playing that. Im thinking about returning to ffxi. So how is the game these days? is solo`in real hard still and ZZzZZzz? Is leveling easier then before? Let me know, id like to know how this game is going now and days. I miss the sub classes :(

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't even been playing a year, so i can't comment on the olden days. Yes soloing is difficult for most jobs, probably like it was before. The new expansion has options for gaining experience as a soloer, but it's still not fast. This game is definitely based on playing with groups, which isn't always my thing either. I've worked one job to the max. The rest I work here and there, but most often lately I'm crafting or piddling around the new expansion solo.

I've never played WoW, but I've met plenty of people in FFXI who left the game for WoW and came back not long after. It may be a longer road leveling up here in FFXI but it's a more rewarding experience than in WoW, from what I've heard.

Welcome (or welcome back) to Stratics, by the way :)

J

jamison

It's hard to say honestly. it really depends on the server you pick and how social you are. I'd join a few linkshells to increase the amount of people you know so that you can find a group when you need to.

The game is still on the main shelves of the game stores and they've added the xbox 360 to the platforms that can play so the signs of popularity are good! It's not like some other MMO's that are already in the bargain bin.