• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back From The Dead

rock909

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all, back from pre pub 16 era... Need some assistance, what is the low down on new weapons? Like what the max in each attribute? I was used to vanq ect so need a little pick me up to get started.

Are Purple Pot's effective anymore for PvP?

G

Wow over 50 people have look at this and not one person had any thing to say, [Saw this last night and left it alone as I was waiting for the PvP to answer your question]

I'm an old player, been playing since 99, started on Lake Superior, and miss the old days of Vanq weapons. Not into PvP these days as it all item base and power scrolls. I normally play tamers, Fisher/t hunter, crafters, mages, archers now. My favor place is the Gauntlet in Doom now since the last changes they made to the drop rate there.

You might wish to read up on all that has change in game. Either here at Stratics or at http://www.uoguide.com/Main_Page

If I can be of any help in game my icq is in the profile here. Or you can reach me thru PAS at the web site http://www.peoplesarmyofsonoma.net/.

G

Well I'm not that great at PvP either, but let me say Welcome Back, and your gonna be in for quite a shock. Instead of Exc. Leather armor for mages or chainmail suits for warriors, Its all Lrc Armor, from barbed kits or Artis. I dunno theres to much to say in one post.

Are Purple pots used? Not so much that I see anyways.

Goodluck !!

Freya

T

Trinsauce

Purple pots can still be effective but in order to do so you generally have to have alchemy and even enhance pots on ur jewelry for them to do good damage. But I am sure that they can still be effective if used the right way. Not too many people have pvp'd in the era that purple pots were used. Only a few of us left.

By the way who was u back pre pub 16?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

Are Purple Pot's effective anymore for PvP?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh sure, as long as the person your fighting dosnt mind standing still for you while you kill them.

and if they are gonna be nice enough to stand still for ya you mis well ask them to take off their armour to help the proccess along.

mmmmmm i remember the mad bomber days.
memories.....

rock909

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo - You cannot wait until the countdown and throw at the last second and it explodes as they run? Not sure you are aware of how it "used" to work.

Thank you for the responses I will check those sites.

I was Balla the thief at bucs gate mostly and had a warrior Sibiliant Wrath.

I have been out with my thief last night and had some fun, good to see PvP is still active.

I

imported_Bishop_Hell

Imagine somebody who lapsded into a coma in the 80's and waking up in 2008 to different world. Thats comparable to what has happened to uo since pub 16

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this for mods for all items. Gives listing of them all and min/max intensities.

Item Properties

Purple pots in PvP are not seen alot. Could be great for group figthing to toss in middle of wither cannon. Toss in 4-5. They tend to go on defense. Not overly used though.

If you are interested in PvP ICQ me at 465216882. I might be able to get you a mid level suit put together and maybe a few okay weps. I been out of the PvP scene for about 4-5 months now so a bit rusty, but I getting back in myself. Just let me know man.

Owe btw. Welcome back!!!!

T

Trinsauce

Oh ok... I think I remember ya...

I ran with PkP pre Pub 16 and beyond til right b4 AOS came out was when PkP kinda quit cause of the changes.

Welcome back to the game of UO. If ya need anything feel free to message me or even ICQ me.

ICQ #280925923