• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back for bard, only a few months.

T

Tulianya

Hello all barding posters/readers,

I just reactivated UO from quite a long break and am working on a bard. My first thought was to play a bushido tank... eh, wasn't really my style it seemed. Second thought, bard. Now this is something that I love the thought of, but am not sure how it will turn out in game. I am currently working on all four of the barding skills while also raising magery. I have no set plan in stone, but with only a few months to play(Going to Warhammer Online when it releases) I don't have a very long time to make a serviceable character.

What would be the recommended skills worth accomplishing? Taming of course would probably be the most powerful, yet also take the most time so I pretty much am forced to throw that one out without a thought. Provocation and Discordance will be a must have for whatever I end up doing and will probably be the most time consuming, but beyond that I am just not sure what to work on to help fights. I have a RL friend that is also playing it for the duration and I need to be able to group up or solo when necessary. I have read the boards and all and everyone has their own opinions, but for my specific case, what should be my goal?

Please and thanks for the responses and I will be more than happy to answer some follow up questions.

Tulianya

5% Luck

Well if your going to be a Non tamer provoking discorder my best advice is finish off the template as a mage. Its versitile and gives you a few options that other paths will not. invisibility for one. Then there the other option of a warrior. This may take up a few too many skill points for healing weapons tacitcs and antomy then add in chivalry and your over cap where magery will do the damage and heal you all in 3 skills. As a mage bard you still will have 100 (give or take) points left. I chose resist spells but the other option to go would be spell weaving. SW has some great advantages. word of death is a magor one. But these are all personal choices and would advise loggin in to Test center to "feel" it out.
Acutaly I am switching to SW from resist now that i think about it LOL thx!

T

Tulianya

Ha, glad I could help. SW requires that you be an elf though, right? Currently I think I only have access to humans unless the only way to switch is through some quest I heard about, I can only create humans. I have been debating keeping peacemaking or dropping it, and for my role, I think I should probably keep all the bardic skills going and just have as much magery/meditation/evaluating intelligence that I can fit in the mean time. Finally got my 5 circle and higher spells, so just a matter of time on magery.

Tulianya