• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back after a while..

Z

Zeppelin8

hi everyone..

i haven't played uo since 2003 (started at 2000 and played till the early days of run uo / second age). I mostly played on free servers (played at osi only for 2 months..)

I've decided to come back after playing many other mmo's. UO is more exciting with new major additions skills etc..

I created a miner/bs last night.. I'm familiar with bods and such (not that much). I'll roll a pvp (or maybe a tamer or something) character after improving my crafter.

Anyways.. I"m looking for a guild. You can count me as a newbie since i haven't played for a while.

Note: I have lots of questions to ask about the game

G

i think we can probably help with all of the above. my icq is 451 321 008, feel free to give me a shout and have a chat

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!

I am sure you will find a lot of helpful players around if you need to know something. If you meet somebody of the Sosaria Red Cross (SRC), just say "hi" and have a chat. We are always happy to help people out ...

R

Redavatar

I too have returned from a 6 month abscence. I've been playing UO on a multitude of shards over the past 5 years and I keep coming back. There's just no other MMO like it. Well, Eve Online is probably the only MMO that can challenge it for longevity but UO is much more rewarding.

I started playing on a free shard in 2003 with my girlfriend then. Because at the time my credit card had been blocked, I wasn't able to pay for subscription but found the free shard to be immense fun. I had tried UO before but that was when I was still on a 56k modem back in 2000 which made it virtually unplayable.

I do miss some elements that free shards had on the OSI servers. For instance, I loved auctions (the first shard even had a global auction which you could check on wherever you were, even at home) and I really wish the OSI servers had auctions too. I also miss the ability to buy seeds and cultivate farmlands. I would neatly plant flax in rows and then harvest it for my tailor. But it seems the OSI doesn't let you do that

Still, you got to love the community. I just fear there's too much for me to do!