• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back after 4 years hiatus, nostalgia trip

musclenflow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Been quite busy past few years with college and real life keeping me from playing. My name is Nate, and I started playing UO back when AoS first came out, I believe I was in the 7th grade at the time. I've been looking for an MMO lately and nothing really holds a candle to all the possibilities of this game.

A lot of the shards look a bit empty however, and that makes me kinda sad. I'm playing on Chesapeake, looking for a PvM focused group to play with. I have a Sampire setup that's a bit outdated and could probably use some work, a Disco/Provo Tamer, and a Necro/Weaver/Mage for spawns. I'm intrigued by PvP but it seems a bit overwhelming with how many consumables you'd have to carry around, I never did much PvP back in the day. I'd like to learn and improve though.

I think the biggest change since I've been gone is the Artifact loot system. Are most people using Greater Artifacts now rather than crafted/imbued items? Also, I never got the High Seas expansion, is it absolutely necessary? I don't fish much, but thinking about making a T-Hunter. Would I want to get High Seas for a T-Hunter?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to the community! :)

High Seas honestly doesn't do much, it just allows you to go on a few extra quests, use some new ships, and use a few new pieces of armor. for treasure hunting not getting it probably won't affect anything.