• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Babble 3.0(now with Microsoft Tech Support)

D

derealcanuckeh

ya coma

Some silly begger that I replaced on this project made his main server Xfer box ( autoswitch when theres a problem ) out of a windows box and oddly enough it crashed and there was no notification software running on it so the finding of the problem took alot longer then it should have ( I'm not onsite so actually finding it was quite tricky ) however once I got my head around that problem and fixed it I had to fix the actual problem that was the reason for me being up in the first place and that was pretty easy .....then I wiped the whole damn thing out with a 2 quick key stroke and because I wanted to see how well I could fix it under pressure and while its possible still I don't want to do it again

blarg

my mornings been great how about everyone else??
* goes off to find coffee and something alcoholic to put in it *

G

my "morning" involved...well..coffee and alcohol...hence why I'm just now gettin up still plenty bleary eyed...

Yeah..morning parties....bad idea..

D

derealcanuckeh

I'm going out for a walk then I'm coming back to do some drinking with some friends ( have to give the nickle tour of the town first )

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats count on starting the new thread

Hope everyone is doing great.

Vepl

D

derealcanuckeh

doing great little drunk right now but doing great and trust me great is loving it

S

sevan

Agreed. So everyone have their plans set for turkey day? The good - time to spend with family and kids are off school. The bad - less time for UO because the kids are off school.

G

Yeah yeah hoser...get over it..not all of us like the cold.

Heck right now I'm hating it...

(Count at work)
Hey it's break time...time for a smoke..
*Count steps outside*

hmm...kinda cold and windy....oh well it's tolerable..

*Count goes back to his hardcore terribly stressful job till the next break*

hmm time for another smoke..

*Count steps outside.............*

ok the cold...I can live with....the wind...eh it's an airport ramp...I'm used to it....

But...I don't remember giving it permission to be raining as well on top of all that...

*grumbles*

Oh well back home...just finished watching Beowulf....

and still trying to get over the comp being hooked through a 72" flat screen..

my roommates are weird...

D

derealcanuckeh

still sounds like fun

I had a very lazy day today I need some more time to recover .....and perhaps some more alcohol to help

D

derealcanuckeh

I'm not an alcoholic .... I don't go to meetings!

I don't have a drinking problem .... I drink I get drunk I fall down no problem

Seriously though I do understand how people do struggle with alcohol and I do sympathize with them and while I do not consider myself to having a problem if I did I would like to think that I could still joke about it and not get my nuts in a twist over a silly comment like the one you see above.

D

derealcanuckeh

so I'm gonna go see a movie with the kids tonight... just not sure which one yet

S

sevan

Beowulf in 3D was actually a cool experience, however not recommended for the younger kids. Which leaves you with what Fred Clause, Bee Moveand Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium until Enchanted and the Golden Compass come out?

D

derealcanuckeh

yep ..... went and saw Bee Movie it was good and funny in a Jerry Seinfeld kinda way

D

derealcanuckeh

Happy Turkey day for all you people and get your rest so your ready for black friday and the stores opening at 4am lol

G

*kicks back with a beer*

Yup...perfectly ready for that there black friday thing.

L

Lilac Crypt

I plan to sleep through as much of the looped re-played, overused holiday music piped in on Friday as I can.

Then I just have to survive until Christmas without strangling someone with fake plastic pine roping. (It's a challenge for me every year.)

HARK HOW THE BELLS.. damn.. I actually used to like that song.

Someone work me up a thesis about how merchandising has crushed the beautiful traditional music of Christmas into a bitter pill that some of us just can't take any more. I want it to be comprehensive, name names.. NO NO.. my GODS, it's RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER, played on THANKSGIVING... *goes into total meltdown and starts looking for a bell tower.*

D

derealcanuckeh

a set of wireless earbuds and an ipod would fix the music you don't want to listen to hehe

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't go shopping much. Therefore not overwhelmed by Christmas songs. I enjoy hearing them every year

Vepl

D

derealcanuckeh

ya I think thats why we like you although I could be wrong......off to see the family today be back tommorrow I think

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey at least you found a reason to like me. Most are still trying

Vepl

G

You know...this weekend started out so good...

Kick back with a beer...blow off the annoying mass-media-corporate-world...and just zone and spend some me time...

Then the call to come visit Grandma....

So off to see Grandma....Then the departure delays that strand one at Grandmas...

Then by the time you finally do get home....

instead of that kicked back relaxed chilled out time off....Ya ended up with assisting the old folks to do their Black Friday shopping...packed in amidst a mass of gawking morons that'd blow a load just because this years ipod has one more LED light and is on a special sale today that gets ya two dollars off...but is even cheaper thanks to the mail in rebate that must accompany the original reciept for said product so even if one were to decide to return it ya no longer can because the store doesn't believe you that that gift reciept and item were purchased from the same clerk you've now spent the last twenty minutes arguing with less than 24 hours beforehand....

Sweet Jesus...somebody shoot me...I miss work.

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you have had a great weekend count. Does that mean your going to assist all of us "old" folks with our shopping
?

Vepl

D

derealcanuckeh

* watches in amusment as Count has an aneurysm*

wow Vepl look at what you did heeh

T

Tink'r Toiz

LOL .... I was out in that mass of insanity on Friday ... what possessed me to do that I will NEVER KNOW ... I really don't like people, well with the exception of you all of course

OHHHHHH..... I'M BACK!!!!! First 3 weeks of new job were extremely... interesting ... and will be again I am sure but I actually played some this weekend and due to circumstances beyond my control, Tinks and Susie were resigned from Minax. After about 1 1/2 days out of factions, Tinks started to get a twitch, obviously exhibiting symptoms of withdrawl from CoM's abuse .... so, she and sister Susie have rejoined factions... and after a lil bit of a slow start, Tinks is now feeling the love....

Trinisic docks were quite inviting.....

...and then of course there was the new CoM guard by the entrance to CoM base.

...and finally, to be doubly sure I was feeling welcomed back to the faction world, CoM left me a little present or 5 at the entrance to base...

... and yes, that is Castle British... Tinks and Susie are now True Brits ... long story

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waits to hear long story*

Glad things are going well at the new job Tinks. Looks like I have another month helping the other department out. Not all bad. Just keeps me busier then I like

dereal you really think count had an aneurysm
?

Vepl

D

derealcanuckeh

ya its possible

it wont effect him in a negative way that you would notice though hehe

T

Tink'r Toiz

Yes new job is going great ..... really like the work (especially the tech support part), my boss is great (but then I knew that before going to work there) and one of two co-workers is great ... the other one, a new hire, jury is still out on that one
... he seems to have a bit of trouble respecting my personal space but I think he will get the idea quick enough

The long story ... well, it isn't done yet so can't tell you anything more than a situation happened that caused Tinks and Susie to be resigned from Minax and I chose to go it alone rather than go back to that faction. "The rest of the story...." should start to unfold sometime in the next couple weeks.

CoM and I are trading sigils back and forth ... I am not able to defend them but can sure interrupt their timer as often as possible
. Very different to come back to your home base and have to kill CoM guards to get in... LOL ... but Susie says "thanks" she was getting bored and enjoyed the little skirmmish.

Best get things ready for work tomorrow ... hopefully I will be on more often now

L

Lilac Crypt

Believe nothing she says about CoM! They're good kind people. Okay, that was pretty much a lie. But, let's see. They're not really BAD EVIL people. See? That was true!

I had to check my own lil personal lie detector for that. I'm a terrible liar, so it's simple for me to check. "Was that true?" *shamed thought process* "No." End of test.

Now as far as presents left.. I do believe there were some equally explosive packages left.. confess, you evil Tinker, you!

(She doesn't confess often.. prolly won't happen.)

T

Tink'r Toiz

HEY ... I am nothing if not equally generous

I confess, I left welcoming gifts at the entrance to TB base... did you find them ?

*checks Tinks pack*

Yep... someone found them
... OH I do so hope it was a certain SL that found both CoM's and mine... maybe that is why he was cranky and killed Tinks...

... and if you are gonna come into TB base, turn all purple and try to run out with my sigil, expect to meet some resistance ... ok, not much but next time I throw rocks....

...and CoM isn't evil... well, most of them aren't... have called a particular one multiple names under my breath ...

D

derealcanuckeh

you know when all those traps get set and then an unseuspecting person walks by and bad things happen well it just makes some people grumpy hehe

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that kind of gives you an idea who gets grumpy

Well I look forward to hearing the "Rest of the Story". Pics will be included right?

I see that "Bad" and/or "Evil" are relative terms. Seems that it depends where you are on the scale. As to what is bad or evil

Vepl

D

derealcanuckeh

hehe its all a matter of what side you're on hehe

I just watched Mr. Beans Holiday and it was the funniest movie that I have seen in a while .

G

Well you are Canadian so I guess Mr. Bean amusing you shouldn't be too odd.

D

derealcanuckeh

its more intelligent humour then " Ricky Bobby " or " Dodgeball " and yes I know its not going to be everyones' favorite but thats just disappointing.

G

Mr Bean is just Dumb and Dumber with just one character....nothing near the humor of Benny Hill and not even on the same globe as Monty Python

G

Dear gods....

Micro actually said something I agree with....

Anyone got that livecam to the thermometer in hell?