• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Axe Question

J

JRedbeard

Howdy folks,

Recently returning to the game and starting to work on a character and wanted the advice of some more experienced players.

The character is a gatherer and already has 100 mining / lumberjacking. Also 97 swordsmanship.

I want to use an axe to take advantage of the small dmg bonus from LJ but was also thinking of trying parrying...

I guess my question is: Are there any good 1h axes out there, or should I just forget parrying and get a big meaty 2hander.

Thanks for any help.

J

JRedbeard

Is this a dumb question and no one wants to tell me or do you guys really not know?

Heh.

S

slasherofveils

imo just get parry and bushido and then just parry with the big meaty 2h axe :p

S

Sang

Actually, LJ isnt worth the damage bonus anymore, and the only 1-handed axe I can think of is the War Axe which doesnt get the LJ bonus cuz its a mace wep. So like the other poster said, do away with the LJ unless you want to gather wood b/c there are better skills worth 100 points.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the OP has LJ because he's a....Lumberjack. He probably wants a good template to defend himself if he's gathering logs in Fel.

A good options (keeping LJ and Mining) might be this...

100 Swords
100LJ
100 Mining
100 Parry
90 Bushido
90 Healing
75 Tactics
65 Chivalry

The Bushido allows you to parry with a 2-h axe. You'll have to use Chiv to cure Poison and you'll need to carry a trapped box to un-paralyze yourself. You can use evasion to fend off magical attacks.

I

imported_IgotWood

i also believe you can use a hatchet (1 handed swords) that gets the LJ bonus

G

<blockquote><hr>

i also believe you can use a hatchet (1 handed swords) that gets the LJ bonus

[/ QUOTE ]

Hatchets do get the LJ damage bonus but they are a 2 handed weapon.

J

JRedbeard

Setnaffa,

Thanks for the template help, that is absolutely correct. I am not picking LJ to try and uberfy my warrior, i am picking swords to try and defend my miner/LJ! Hah. =)

I I used to run mining on my crafting character but then I said to myself that I wanted each of my characters to have the opportunity at getting a fame / karma title, so I created a new guy, transferred mining / LJ over.

I guess you could say im interested in skills that will allow me to PvM well (for a title and a bit of variety) and help me defend myself against players (not necessarily going to charge in and try to kill people, will probably be attempting to flee).

Seems like when someone approaches they always throw out a paralyze right off the bat, so maybe resist magic would be good to have?

E

eolsunder1

Fel resource gatherer.This is a template that is perfect for any fel Gatherer. This is for survival, not for combat. You can cut logs, mine ore, gather leather, and have great defenses.

120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
100 mining
100 lumberjack
100 resist
60 ish chivalry

With your resist, you won't die every time to paralysis/mana drains/vampires. With your swords/bushido parry you can use evade.

Easy method. You see red guy running at you. You hit Evade then journey away. This gives you max defense (make sure you have max DCI, dont worry about hci). So on your mining suit you want max resists and max dci. Those are the 2 main items. HCI, etc isn't important because you aren't going to be fighthing alot. Healing is done with potions/chivalry. If you want to fight, pick another template. If you want to survive easy gathering resources, this is a great template. You can even handle elementals with a decent suit/axe.