• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Awesome

N

Nh'bdy

http://oi54.***********/334kl13.jpg Singlehandedly the largest smile UO has put onto my face in a few days.

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
test when all the others were down at 10 pm est thurday 28 oct

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://oi54.***********/334kl13.jpg Singlehandedly the largest smile UO has put onto my face in a few days.

WOW !!

A shard of a game that is now some 13 years old reaching maximum capacity !!

WOW !!

I am impressed, positively impressed, that is.

I hope we see more of these maximum capacity messages in the future, also for other shards !!!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently released Mondain's Legacy?
Hmmmm...

I guess it is old text that was never updated, my understanding is that it is a gump that shows up whenever a server it at maximum player capacity and cannot take any more players.

Which, if this is the case, is to my opinion a wonderful thing for a game like Ultima Online which just celebrated its 13th birthday........

As I said, I hope I can see many many more of these messages also for other servers because they would mean to me that Ultima Online might be old in age, but is doing very well as a game.............

L

longshanks

is that real?

if so anyone ponder a guess as to what maximum capacity on a shard is?

someone once told me of the markets that a soufflet only rises once.

I've always thought of UO as being a retro game. Retro in that the graphics are inferior to a lot of the new technology that is presently around. That being said sometimes retro comes back in style. I mean who ever thought that bell bottoms would come back in style.

Go UO.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW !!

A shard of a game that is now some 13 years old reaching maximum capacity !!

WOW !!
This is the first time I've ever received that message, and it's not the first time test center has been the only shard up. I don't think filling up test server when it's the only available server can be considered impressive...

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact that so many were jonesing so bad for UO that they filled the test shard to the brim is impressive to me.

M

MonkeyDLuffy

hmm... i saw that message to yesterday on TC1 when they brought down all other shards..

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhm guys?

Ever thought that maybe its because they've lowered the max number of players that can connect because of the High Seas expansion?

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what?
no....
why the hell would anyone do that.
Because the HS booster + additional storage puts additional strain on servers.

And perhaps they thought it would be good to also create situations like above where the game looks more popular than it is.

O

Old Man of UO

Uhm guys?

Ever thought that maybe its because they've lowered the max number of players that can connect because of the High Seas expansion?
Anyone ever think that Lord Chaos just pulls thoughts out of his backside? LC, you have absolutely no proof of that... just more of your lies.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In all fairness Lord Chaos's theory is a possible one.

Only the Devs can say for sure and good luck getting them to spill the beans :)

It is still however, really good to see such interest in our beloved UO.