• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Awesome Hit Harm 70% clean drop, how to best use?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey folks,

My paladin macer got this today:

Hit Harm.jpg

Any suggestions on how to maximize it? I know that bearcorpse used a hit harm weapon on effusion, any other ideas for a 100% physical armor ignore weapon? Imbue ideas and target mobs?

Thanks!

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Firstly, use powder of fortification (you may already know this but I have to say it regardless)

Then you have to consider what your character needs. Could be any of the following:
Hit chance increase
Swing speed increase
Hit mana leach
Hit life leach
Hit stami
Damage increase

Besides those, hit lower defense is a popular option. Could also consider hit lower attack. Probably depends on the mob if you choose one over the other but I think HLD is the more common option of the two (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

If you decide to target a specific mob, you may want to consider making it a slayer weapon.

I would not use any hit area effects as this weapon having armor ignore means you’re going to be using it to destroy single targets.

Whatever your choices end up being, you should maximize the cold damage output of this weapon by enhancing it with agapite which would give it 30% cold damage and 20% energy damage (as per this page Material Bonuses – Ultima Online ) I recommend using a forged metal of artifacts tool from the UO store to guarantee success and not losing the item.

Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey folks,

My paladin macer got this today:

Any suggestions on how to maximize it? I know that bearcorpse used a hit harm weapon on effusion, any other ideas for a 100% physical armor ignore weapon? Imbue ideas and target mobs?

Thanks!
Not to p*ss on your fire or anything, while that is a rare find for sure, weapons like this can be crafted fairly easily with reforging. Any warrior looking to maximise on the likes of Blackthorn/Shrine battles will want to craft weapons with 70% hit spell (for a 1 handed weapon preferably harm, lightning works too but soaks more imbue points).

Crafting exceptional weapons, reforging for 70% hit spell and then using a whetstone to remove the DI also leaves you more imbue points to play with, one handed weapons are tight on imbue points as it is. As an example this is one of the Hammer Picks I use on my own macer for BT/Shrines with an identical maul for DS mobs:

pick.jpg

As it is an Armour Ignore weapon, you will likely be using it against high resist targets in this case the Hit Harm will do little to no damage. The exception to this is with Blackthorn/Shrine captains where your damage is multiplied ludicrously due to some odd coding.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As it is an Armour Ignore weapon, you will likely be using it against high resist targets in this case the Hit Harm will do little to no damage. The exception to this is with Blackthorn/Shrine captains where your damage is multiplied ludicrously due to some odd coding.
some of the blackthorne captains have very high hit points with very low resists.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
some of the blackthorne captains have very high hit points with very low resists.
Yes, as mentioned I use a Maul identical to the Hammer Pick for DS mobs. On that topic, I also have 2 other near identical weapons without Life Leech for the Assassins and Necromancers due to their tainted life buff. Additionally have a UBWS Katana which covers both AI and DS to use on the bards, the Katana may do less damage than other weapons but it keeps your swing speed at max when they debuff you for -60% SSI.