• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Average GM wait time

What is the average GM wait time you've experienced?

• < 1 hour

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • 1 - 2 hours

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • 3 - 4 hours

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • 4 - 5 hours

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 5 - 6 hours

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • > 6 hours

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been having even more trouble than usual getting a GM lately, it seems the wait has significantly increased in the past few months. Has anyone else noticed this?

My last few pages have sat unanswered for 5-6 hours, I had one this weekend where I paged around 9am and finally got the standard form answer back around 5pm.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rarely page GMs since I usually know how to work around if I encounter a bug. Also I don't go around paging on people who I think are cheating, macroing, etc. So on the rare occasions that I do page for a real issue I usually find myself getting a response in 1 hour max. Usually less.

A good question to ask though would be what the page was on. I suspect response times will vary depending on what the page was about.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
9 times out of 10 it typically takes me about 6 hours or more to get a GM response.

That's when I page on something I need a response to... though I don't have the attention span to wait much more than 2 or 3 hours.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for me usualy wait time is between 2-4 hours so usualy isent to bad

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While out idoc hunting I see suspected scriptors, and I do try to test to see if they are attended, and if it seems they are not, I DO page.

I have begun keeping a log of time, reason for paging, name of GM who responds and action taken, mainly because over this past year and a half to two years I've been told that this certain player/gold seller is a GM, and over on Pac forums that this player also owns a search website (that uses scripts to collect vendor data) and the other day I was told the in real life first name this person goes by.

I haven't heard this persons GM name, if it's even true they are a GM, but I can imagine that if working when one of their 'people', resource scriptors, skill trainers, etc, gets paged on, they will do nothing.

So I am keeping a GM paging log since this past week.

I have seen a bard on a boat who had a mass of swamp animals agrroed on him from shore while he trained his barding skills unattended, two rules broken, GM X replied in 15 minutes and did nothing, but an hour later the bard kept playing right through his poisoning and death by a dread spider.

I have seen an unattended script miner recall in and out to drop their ore in a container on the steps, 3 hours later they disappear, not to be seen this past 2 days, GM Y responded.

When I say responded, I mean they sent a message with their name on it.

I paged on an obvious scripted char, who walks/glides the same path from Luna gate to Luna trash can on both Pac and Atl (same three letter name on both shards), and he probably does this on most shards, though I have no idea what he is doing.

Got a "go to the website and read about this" message which I don't see to often, but I really don't know what the char is doing so it does makes sense that I got that response.

About the best we can do is keep records of our GM pages and from time to time, or every time we think a GM has failed in doing their job properly, file a GM incident report.

I mean we pay their bills, they are OUR employees, and if we don't like the job they are doing we should be able to fire them.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged on an obvious scripted char, who walks/glides the same path from Luna gate to Luna trash can on both Pac and Atl (same three letter name on both shards), and he probably does this on most shards, though I have no idea what he is doing.
I think they are vacuum scripts. They walk around and pick up books/runes that other vendors drop around moongates, then they unload them into the trash barrel. Thus removing the competition.

next time you see them go open up the trash can, you'll see the item for a split second before it is deleted.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I avoid GM paging when I can, since I rarely play for more than an hour at a time. But I've had two problems in the last month which I needed GM help for.
1. The first problem was with my ship, and a GM never came after 3 hours. I logged out and went to real life, letting the ship decay.
2. The second problem was with a character, and a GM replied after exactly 3 hours. The GM was helpful and the problem was solved within a minute of the actual reply. But before that, I was number 7 in the queue for the entire time (meaning the queue is broken or the GM was on a three hour break)

T

Tinsil

I don't think the queue necessarily matters.

The last two times I've paged, which are the only times in a couple years, it's been 30 to 45 minutes.

S

Sevin0oo0

I picked 2-3 hr for an average, but it might be actually longer.
Awhile back(when Magincia was burning) I got a response/fix in 15-20 mins.
Since then it's been Always over 2hrs, a couple times Never (as in zero response).
Reliable service stopped around treasures of tokuno era(2005) for me, maybe before.

I was trying to remember when they shipped all in-game CS calls overseas and when they brought it all back

M

Masscre

Mine have always been 30 minutes or shorter, but have learned over the years to read up on things that I should not do in game so as to not make a lot of mistakes and also mind my own business. So all of my pages are for REAL problems that I am having in game and not other peoples problems.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The couple of times a year I call, It's usually 1-2 hours and they solve my problem 95% of the time. The 5% is a canned response, usually a 2nd call gets it fixed.

Times I call in are usually, item has fallen under my house, vet reward I cant move as the house owner isn't old enough.

And one that happened in 2009, Went to unmount my ethy polar bear and I didn't get a statue back, GM said it was lost and made me a new one.

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't share that. I've been on other servers and the GM's there have been much more helpful compared with Europa :(

I get about 80% canned responses. And about 5% of my problems solved. The rest is just "Oh, I fear I can't help there after lot of talk"

T

Tinsil

How many problems do you have, and how many times are you paging??

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many problems do you have, and how many times are you paging??
Oh yes, that's a good point. I should note that I have place about 20 calls throughout the last 2 years. That's what I made those values out of.
So depending on the sort of problem and the amount of calls other might of course have a different experience.
Most calls have been about housing issues.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I played on the asian shards the GM's actually showed up long after they quit showing up on the other shards. Besides the language barrier sometimes they showed up quickly. I really enjoyed this one GM because he spoke very good english and was very helpful. Any other shard its hours and hours.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had to page for GM help in a long time, probably over a year. However, before that I'd page maybe once or twice a year for stuff like spawn stuck in really ridiculous locations. Seems like in the 6 years or so that I've played, the response time has almost always been under an hour, and maybe 75% of the time under 30 minutes.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My wait time is about 6 hours or more. The last few times I have paged its been about harassment by the same player. He's still around so its safe to assume nothing has been done.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While out idoc hunting I see suspected scriptors, and I do try to test to see if they are attended, and if it seems they are not, I DO page.

I have begun keeping a log of time, reason for paging, name of GM who responds and action taken, mainly because over this past year and a half to two years I've been told that this certain player/gold seller is a GM, and over on Pac forums that this player also owns a search website (that uses scripts to collect vendor data) and the other day I was told the in real life first name this person goes by.

I haven't heard this persons GM name, if it's even true they are a GM, but I can imagine that if working when one of their 'people', resource scriptors, skill trainers, etc, gets paged on, they will do nothing.

So I am keeping a GM paging log since this past week.

I have seen a bard on a boat who had a mass of swamp animals agrroed on him from shore while he trained his barding skills unattended, two rules broken, GM X replied in 15 minutes and did nothing, but an hour later the bard kept playing right through his poisoning and death by a dread spider.

I have seen an unattended script miner recall in and out to drop their ore in a container on the steps, 3 hours later they disappear, not to be seen this past 2 days, GM Y responded.

When I say responded, I mean they sent a message with their name on it.

Got a "go to the website and read about this" message which I don't see to often, but I really don't know what the char is doing so it does makes sense that I got that response.

About the best we can do is keep records of our GM pages and from time to time, or every time we think a GM has failed in doing their job properly, file a GM incident report.

I mean we pay their bills, they are OUR employees, and if we don't like the job they are doing we should be able to fire them.
Seriously?

This last line has to be a joke/sarcasm right?

What fool honestly believes that their nominal monthly subscription fee entitles them to call an online gaming companies employees their own?

News flash nutjobs:
If it isnt your signature on their paycheck they probably dont work for you.

But referencing them as your own employee isnt enough for you, right.
You also want to be able to fire them?

Wow.

At least there arent crazy people paying a monthly subscription fee to do nothing else then run around the map logging possible scripters & Gm's.

That would be beyond sad lol.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suckyass customer service is suckyass customer service regardless if its a Credit card, Bank, restaurant or whatever. The big difference with "In Game(NO) Support" is we can not go "Hey! Let me speak to a supervisor/Manager NOW!"

I recently had a sucky CS expirence with a credit card that had to be resolved just that way. Okay Remember the lovely blizzard back in February? Well for two weeks I was snowed in, in the boonies of Oklahoma. I was without mail service, trash pickup and unable to get our VW bug out cause it was buried for most of that two weeks. During this mess I had a store CC that came due. I hadn't used this Card in a while so I was shock to find that now with this card to pay your bill online they charge you 10 bucks. Same thing with pay by phone. Okay I call CS and get a dim-witted CSR. I explain that I'm snowed in can not got to the store to make a payment and the mail is not running so I cannot mail in a payment, furthermore I refuse to pay you 10 dollars to pay my bill because I have no other alternative. Also "Pay to Pay" is illegal under the terms of the Credit Reform Act passed by Congress and Pres. Obama. This dim-wit informs me I can go to the nearest store location and pay my bill. I reply "Ma'am what part of snowed in DO YOU NOT understand?" She goes well you can mail it in. "Excuse me but what part of THE MAIL AIN'T RUNNING do you not comprehend?" Well then you'll have to pay 10 dollars to pay your bill. Bull. Let me speak to a supervisor please. I get the supervisor explain things again to her and she goes okay we'll do a one time payment by phone at no charge since there is NO other way for you to get a payment to us.

Now if we could do the same thing with GMs I seriously bet stuff would be getting done!

Then again maybe our GMs are this guy:
[YOUTUBE]GRLwKw9up3s[/YOUTUBE]