• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

M

mameloot

Ok...so we're not "Sims" anymore.
But Avatars is awkward to type, being 3 syllables all in one hand. It also sounds sterile and clinical.

So lets come up with a new nickname that we can call ourselves.

I suggest Avi (A-vee), plural Avis

They gave us the name, but we can make it ours.

mame
(ducks, cringes, and buckles in for the flame wars)

G

To be honest, you don't need to adapt name Avatars, I will still call game The Sims Online, and Avatars Sims, and the new-cash Simoleaons, unless the new name sounds funny or something.

Atleast that's what I'll do.

C

Carter'

the same here ! haha i am a sim! always have been always will be !

24 Jolly's

I was born a Sim and I will go out a Sim! <font color="green"> </font>

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

Ok...so we're not "Sims" anymore.
But Avatars is awkward to type, being 3 syllables all in one hand. It also sounds sterile and clinical.

So lets come up with a new nickname that we can call ourselves.

I suggest Avi (A-vee), plural Avis

They gave us the name, but we can make it ours.

mame
(ducks, cringes, and buckles in for the flame wars)

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience on other games, Avi has been an acceptable shortened version for Avatar for a long time.

Whilst I understand that many ppl are upset about the changes, Avatar is a term that has been used in the virtual domain for quite awhile as an image/character representation of a user especially in multi-user games.

Call them sims, or call them avatars. It's ones own choice really.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Avi sounds better than avatar.
Sim is gonna be a hard habit to break.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Why change "SIMS" ? I try ever so hard a few times... to say ... "-----Avatar..----" but SIM easier and quicker to type... Not to mention ... We are sims still arent we?

G

It gets kinda confusing around here, what with avatars on Stratics meaning one things but avatars meaning something else in-game. So I made up my own word to use ... but it's mostly just in my head.

For awhile I was going with Minnies, but that made me think of Disney and also cheeseburgers. So lately, I've switched to Meeps.

Meeps rhymes with peeps and = mini person or mini EA person. Meep is more fun to type than Meap, and also looks like something a sim might say, so Meep is how I spell it.

In my head.

Ok, now I'm embarrassed.

I

Good one .... Except Meeps ... First thing i thought of Fragle Rock (remember that cartoon .... ) one of the characters in it .... I dont remember if that was his name ... or not ... but why else would i think of Fragle Rock...

Also ... I think if you want to change the "SIM" name ... it should be something else ... What I dont know.... Take a vote as there is for the new name for the simoleans.....

Sim is the game we play .... Its should have something to do w/ our game...
Idk .... Avatar reminds me of Second Life for some reason ..... I watch CSI one time and they had this episode w/ a Second Life in it. And they must of said AVATAR a million times..... So when i see it ... Reminds me of SL

Just a thought though .... take a vote?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good one .... Except Meeps ... First thing i thought of Fragle Rock (remember that cartoon .... ) one of the characters in it .... I dont remember if that was his name ... or not ... but why else would i think of Fragle Rock...

[/ QUOTE ]LOL! That was actually the second thing to pop in my mind when I saw "meeps"... The first was the sound that Road Runner makes...

I

LOL yes if Road Runner said it supper fast .... He migh of Said "MEEP MEEP" but i think it was beep beep something wasnt it ?

But Meep or Meeps could work.... I guess better than avatar

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

It gets kinda confusing around here, what with avatars on Stratics meaning one things but avatars meaning something else in-game. So I made up my own word to use ... but it's mostly just in my head.

For awhile I was going with Minnies, but that made me think of Disney and also cheeseburgers. So lately, I've switched to Meeps.

Meeps rhymes with peeps and = mini person or mini EA person. Meep is more fun to type than Meap, and also looks like something a sim might say, so Meep is how I spell it.

In my head.

Ok, now I'm embarrassed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like Meeps, lol... But I usually just write AV or avie or avies

G

I had to google. I still don't know if a Fraggle was named Meep, but I know who used to say it a lot ...

It's all making perfect sense now. Sims are descended from Muppets ... evolutionarily speaking.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I had to google. I still don't know if a Fraggle was named Meep, but I know who used to say it a lot ...

It's all making perfect sense now. Sims are descended from Muppets ... evolutionarily speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therefore they are Meeps! Spread the word!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Well THAT... explains... everything!

*goes off to look for an indoor rocket launcher*

G

I like Meeps! Very cute. My instinct is to say toon if I cant say sim, which I usually still do cuz its a very hard habit to break.

G

::imagine walking down a busy street and your standing a a crosswalk. You start a conversation with a person dreesed in an orange factory suit that is waiting as well. He/she turns to you and says, "Have you been meeping lately". The light starts smoking. He/she yells, "must diagnose, must diagnose". You hand him/her your handy socket wrench. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.::

You wake up to find out it was all a dream.

Yeah I think Meep would work!

S

SilverSpike

Meeps.. i like that.. But i still like Sims better :p At the end of the day, we look exactly like the sims from "The Sims 1" so thats why we will always be sims to me :p

I

It's all making perfect sense now. Sims are descended from Muppets ... evolutionarily speaking

OHHHHHH................. this makes complete sense now .... We are Meeps !!!!!
thank you for telling me where we came from lol

(btw i think we should be Meeps now (lol alot better than Avatars)

I

Meeps.. i like that.. But i still like Sims better :p At the end of the day, we look exactly like the sims from "The Sims 1" so thats why we will always be sims to me :p

I agree, Once a "SIM" always a "SIM" ...... but we are now Avatar's now ...... If the Dev's want to change our Pixel from Sim to Avatar .... I think we should all have a chance to pick what we want to be called ?