• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Automatons and consume damage taming mastery

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix can you confirm to us if the consume damage mastery work when using Automatons?
My tests so far point seem to show that it doesn't work at all when you are using it on an Automaton.

I am trying to find this out for sure to know if it will be worth it keeping taming on this PvM character, or if I should replace it with eval int or something else more useful that would increase my DPS.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure abt the consume damage mastery as I've never used it but the skills gain mastery works great.
If your using a taming character there are better choices for pets considering DPS.

I use automatons for my pvp parry mage only. The disarm special & "flurry" of hits special combine with their speed wrecks folks.
I simply soul stoned off inscribe for tinker & its been a lot of fun (I've never run alchemy).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, the character in question has Geppetto in the name, so I insist on using a mechanical pet with her. I have plenty other tamers to use traditional pets. :p
But I am wondering about this because if consume damage doesn't work on them, I will transfer taming to another character and replace it with eval int do increase my damage output.

Also, I am wondering why all the agapite automatons I have built have 50% physical, 30% fire, 20% energy damage rather than 50% physical, 30% cold and 20% energy like agapite is supposed to give you when you enhance a weapon...

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The damage being related to ore type seems to be a bit buggy. Mine all show split damage types due to ore yet a friend's made at relatively the same time show nothing (100% physical) yet retained the ore color. :eyes: *looks around clueless*

I've never tested consume damage so good luck with that. :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have been testing it on Thrasher at Fel Grove, and yeah, it doesn't seem to be working at all on the automaton, sadly. :(
And I know for sure that Thrasher is 100% physical damage. Next, I will have to test bard songs to see if it is affected as normal pets by them.

They are fun pets to play around with, even with the limitations, and requiring so many ingots to resurrect them. >.>
25 ingots would be a much more acceptable number. 75 ingots means 8 stones worth of weight you have to carry per time you may have to res it.