• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auto walk hiding/stealth training question - allowed?

MrG

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

In Enhanced Client, if you hold both mouse buttons, move cursor to end of the screen, release buttons and take hands of your mouse, you can get your character to auto walk.

If in a building or your house auto walking, your character will hit one corner or wall, turn around, walk to the opposite corner or wall and hit it, then turn around again over and over until you move the mouse. If used with a repeating hide (Enhanced Client created) macro where you have to hit a key to hide after every repeat sequence, it can be useful for hiding and stealth training.

So long as it is not unattended/afk...is this allowed?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So long as you can respond when a GM shows up from what I understand it's fine. I'd be polite to any players talking to you too just so they don't waste a GM's time with reporting you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hello,

In Enhanced Client, if you hold both mouse buttons, move cursor to end of the screen, release buttons and take hands of your mouse, you can get your character to auto walk.

If in a building or your house auto walking, your character will hit one corner or wall, turn around, walk to the opposite corner or wall and hit it, then turn around again over and over until you move the mouse. If used with a repeating hide (Enhanced Client created) macro where you have to hit a key to hide after every repeat sequence, it can be useful for hiding and stealth training.

What would be the difference of folk who put teleporters into their house to train the same skill and just bounce between the teleporters always walking in a straight line? I've seen folk do this many times.... and it's not unlike folk using other things to cast the same spell over and over and over again in their own home... there are worse things in the world that taking away a few mouse moves that give you carpal tunnel. And not that I'm defending unattended macroing because I won't. But as long as they are at the keys doesn't matter. I've seen people do far worse things all the time.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

Yes when I have free time to play an online game my favorite thing to do in game is bounce off a wall over and over again inside a house while pressing a key to hide .... NOT!

Why not just create macros to train stealth while actually exploring dungeons, towns, events and other parts of Britannia? Since you are obviously not unattended or away from keyboard. *laughs*

MrG

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes when I have free time to play an online game my favorite thing to do in game is bounce off a wall over and over again inside a house while pressing a key to hide .... NOT!

Why not just create macros to train stealth while actually exploring dungeons, towns, events and other parts of Britannia? Since you are obviously not unattended or away from keyboard. *laughs*

The same can be said about using macros. Why have the macro system automate anything for you instead of playing the game click for click?

Many if not most parts of the world I've been to have monsters that would love to catch me failing stealth. Also, when training stealth, you don't wear much gear, so you are easy fodder. Why not stealth around my house which I love?

The bouncing off walls method I described is great when catching up on TV shows while sitting at my laptop. I'm at the keyboard, game open, but it doesn't require 100% attention.

I don't want to do anything that is against the rules, which is why I asked.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as long as you can respond to the GM if he should stop by your fine.
that is the only thing they check for.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same can be said about using macros. Why have the macro system automate anything for you instead of playing the game click for click?

Many if not most parts of the world I've been to have monsters that would love to catch me failing stealth. Also, when training stealth, you don't wear much gear, so you are easy fodder. Why not stealth around my house which I love?

The bouncing off walls method I described is great when catching up on TV shows while sitting at my laptop. I'm at the keyboard, game open, but it doesn't require 100% attention.

I don't want to do anything that is against the rules, which is why I asked.
You are certainly welcome to play or not play the game as you wish! You are the one paying the subscription fee. You will find out eventually that even with GM stealth monsters can still reveal you and catch you!

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I think the gist is that you run it when you don't have free time to play....just sayin'

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the gist is that you run it when you don't have free time to play....just sayin'
Yep I got it. Was only suggesting that if player was actually attending and not afk as they said in their original post then why not train stealth while playing. But they already said in later post they were actually watching TV instead and preferred to macro it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its kinda ironic.
im working hiding/stealth as we are talking about it here.

its kinda weird.

its like talking about how gross and freaky cannibalism is AS you eat some long pig.