• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auto Stabling of "bonded" pets bugged, not working ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday, before the down time of all servers for the announced maintainance, I was out fishing with my fisherman and a bonded, blue Beetle.

The fisherman is also a miner and all there is in the stables is that Blue Beetle and a Fire Beetle.

I took the Blue Beetle out of the stable, thus leaving only the fire Beetle there (which means that there was plenty of stables' slot room available for auto stabling....) and went out fishing.

Since it is not allowed to fish while mounted, I had the Bonded Blue Beetle follow me around as I fished.

When the warning came up for the Servers going down, I mounted the Blue Beetle and recalled to my home to safely log out.

Apparently, thugh, I must not have done it soon enough because when I logged back in, after the servers had resumed working from the maintainance down time, I found myself NOT in my home, riding my Blue Beetle but rather, at a spot I was fishing before the servers went down.

That is, the game saved before I mounted my Beetle and recalled to my home to safely log out.

Upon logging back in after the servers resumed working from maintainance, my Beetle was there, by my side at the fishing location but it was no longer bonded. It had gone wild and I had to retame it.

Now, though it does is annoying because now I have to wait again 7 days before it bonds back, it is not a tragedy.

Still, it makes me wonder why on earth, when my character logged out, the bonded Beetle which was standing right by my character side did not automatically log out with my character, auto-stabling.......,

There was plenty room in the stables, the beetle was bonded and it was standing right by the side of my character yet, it did not auto stable.

Was auto stabling turned off for some reasons ? Is it a bug ?

In my case it was not a tragedy but I can imagine someone loosing a valuable high stats Greater Dragon or some other pet for a problem like this. There are pets that can take months upon months of searching because of their special stats not to mention the tiime spent into their training.

I think this is an issue important enough to be worthy of immediate attention, priority and fixing from the Developers.

Sometimes I read of bugs fixes in patch notes which I wonder who might be interested from their being taken care of....
Sure, it is nice that all bugs go fixed whether nasty or irrelevant ones but I would imagine that bugs that can really hurt players like this auto stabling one might get absolute attention and priority over many other minor bugs that still infest the game.

I

ikaikaman

I could not make out your logged-out time....general consideration,if beetle and packhorse have a burden,not auto-stabling.did you check this point?

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is ever any question of why a pack animal did not auto stable, the answer is gonna tend to be:

Pack animals with items in their packs DO NOT auto stable.

Just takes one little dark colored item you didn't see when unloading it to stop it auto stabling.

I think an insta-pet bond tool with one use per every 7 days would make a nice vet reward.

It should require a charge each time it's used.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is ever any question of why a pack animal did not auto stable, the answer is gonna tend to be:

Pack animals with items in their packs DO NOT auto stable.

Just takes one little dark colored item you didn't see when unloading it to stop it auto stabling.

I think an insta-pet bond tool with one use per every 7 days would make a nice vet reward.

It should require a charge each time it's used.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it in my post, the Beetle pack was empty, not even 1 single item in it. Besides, being a mountable bonded beetle, shouldn't it have logged out with my character anyways, whether I was mounting it or not ?

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long had it been since you last fed it? It's possible that the reason your beetle didn't log out with you is because it went wild waiting on you to log out.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I forgot to mention it in my post, the Beetle pack was empty, not even 1 single item in it. Besides, being a mountable bonded beetle, shouldn't it have logged out with my character anyways, whether I was mounting it or not ?
Not if it had stuff on it. The fact that is mountable is irrelevant if you're not riding it and it has even one item in its bag when logging out.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game did the "Save" when your beetle was still unmounted.

That "save" isnt (and never was) an automate auto stable. The auto stable event only fires when you choose to logout or you close your client. Clearly this wasnt the case, because the "Save" was before your safe logout.

Then, the shards were 2 hours offline to you, but they were online for the Devs because they were working doing maintenance or something. That means your beetle was alone without his master, losing loyalty very quickly and finally went wild.

This isnt a issue or needs any fix.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't physically log your character out before the server saves, this will happen everytime, the server saves you and your pet as logged in, therefore no auto stable. It's been this way for a very long time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many of us learned long ago that you must not wait till server down to mount a pet. The last server save can be up to 15 minutes before that. When the shards come up it puts everything back where it was at the last server save. If your pet is accessible to the server, ie unmounted and unstabled, it will be restored to that point. You, however have logged off and are not accessible to accompany it.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many of us learned long ago that you must not wait till server down to mount a pet. The last server save can be up to 15 minutes before that. When the shards come up it puts everything back where it was at the last server save. If your pet is accessible to the server, ie unmounted and unstabled, it will be restored to that point. You, however have logged off and are not accessible to accompany it.
Indeed! When Maintenance time approaches, I never do anything important in the last 20 minutes. Usually i just log out and log into another shard. Or go to bed, because it is 6am ;)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long had it been since you last fed it? It's possible that the reason your beetle didn't log out with you is because it went wild waiting on you to log out.

I have the habit to feed them at least once a day, upon logging and using them.
Besides, it is not a fighting pet so little chance to drop loyalty through repeated commands.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game did the "Save" when your beetle was still unmounted.

That "save" isnt (and never was) an automate auto stable. The auto stable event only fires when you choose to logout or you close your client. Clearly this wasnt the case, because the "Save" was before your safe logout.

Then, the shards were 2 hours offline to you, but they were online for the Devs because they were working doing maintenance or something. That means your beetle was alone without his master, losing loyalty very quickly and finally went wild.

This isnt a issue or needs any fix.

Well, since the down time of the server was not the player's fault, yes, it was announced, and I could have logged off within the last save window if I mounted the beetle and recalled to my home to log off right at the very first warning message but I kinda assumed the time at hand before the server going down (and consequentially the save....) was more and so did not worry.
Error in judgement but understandable since there was no working message of "when" the actual last save would occur so tough to time out one's own logging out properly.

Nonetheless, a server could go down also abruptly and, in a way, this is what happened to me, I had the server go down abruptly while I was playing the game with a pet not mounted. Hardly a player's fault.

Whether working as intended or a bug, I still am convinced that to avoid unnecessary hardship to players and get them upset over the loss of their pets there should be some safety nets that consider also these situations and prevent from losing a bonded pet.

I did not loose my pet, and even if I had, it is only a Blue Beetle.

What worries me, is that this same thing could have happened to a fellow player with a way more valuable and rarer pet, like a Greater Dragon with high end stats, or a rare color Cu-Sidhe, a no longer spawning Dread Horse or any other.

Enough, IMHO, to warrant something to prevent anything like this to possibly occur.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I might be naive but I happen to think that if a Master logs out, regardless how and why, the bonded pet should also log out whether mounted or not.

This would take care of a lot of problems to players as in regards to losing pets.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think what you're asking for is possible within the coding.

If the shard goes down unexpectedly most tamers will be on tender hooks waiting for it to come back up so that they can grab their pets and stable them.

D

DarkScripture

Ok this is an OLD issue. If you are NOT mounted and the server saved the pet BONDED or not does NOT get stable. I have seen 100s of pets lost on server down from this very this. Best to be Riding the pet when the server saves. If not they DO NOT get auto stabled.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tenterhooks

Don't mess around with pets near server down time or you will lose them.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I might be naive but I happen to think that if a Master logs out, regardless how and why, the bonded pet should also log out whether mounted or not.

This would take care of a lot of problems to players as in regards to losing pets.
No system will ever be perfect Popps. Which is why it's wise as a tamer to use the stable first and auto stable only as an emergency "safety net". If I've logged out around server down time, I wait till it's back up and log my tamer in to check on her pets. I do the same if I crash. With beetles I try to mount before logging off, but I'm also careful to log out somewhere safe *just in case* auto stabling fails me.

If I do want to keep a pet out and use auto stable, I take it home and log out in a secure room. Then if it goes wild, I know it won't be killed by town guards and it's a bit safer from passing players. I never ever log out with pets in a dungeon or city through choice, not if the pets are valuable. It's much smarter to just move the tamer later and stable pets.

Wenchy