• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auto-Map

K

kyjenn

Coming back to the game after a very long absence and it really disturbs me that UO Auto Map won't download entirely. On the home page there's a message saying it wouldn't be updated anymore and that was from 2007. Could that be the reason I can't the full download in order for it to work? Also is there an alternative or could someone guide my hand? Thank you very much.

K

kyjenn

I went back about 35 pages or so, not sure if I missed it, but I didn't find it. Could I get a link? I cross my heart that I looked and can't find.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Post #18 in the thread Snakeman linked.

I'm not totally sure how legal it is, I wish I was.

K

kyjenn

Oh, LMAO, I thought he was just wanting to show me his boat. lol, DOH!

K

kyjenn

Yeah I think this only works if you had an earlier version of UOAm to update it it. I can't even download the posted version as all the websites it has to download ffrom aren't active. I get 2 of 6 which doesn't allow UOAM to activate. Applying this patch is just an update to what was already out there, which is available anymore.

That's what I'm getting anyhow.

S

Sevin0oo0

Me personally, I made new maps exported with Inside UO renamed to work w/ the Old uoam.
The one posted at Lazybones Software - UOAMAssist, isn't that the same as the one on the main page of this forum?
UO Second Age • Information
Least that one's in English and has active support

I think I'll give that a try. If Japan can use it for the same game we play, and I get banned, then whatever, see ya. There's no way I'd wait for EA to build a decent map, it's just not gonna happen, #1 is they aren't gonna build a separate app to go with their main

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oO

UOAM is up and running again!?!?

I'll have to try this when i get home ...

UOCarto is great and has been a nice asset ... but i miss things like logging houses etc that UOAM used to have as features that UOC hasn't gotten going (approval issues or something? i dunno)

heck, I like maps so much, I'll prob have both running anyway ;-)

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both UOAutoMap and UOCartographer both interact with UOAssist to get character positioning info and all.

Does anyone out there actually know how to do this? The UOCartographer guy dropped off the face of the eart and nobodies seen hide nor hair of him in months.

Please feel free to PM me. It really doesn't look like a hard program to put together if you could interact with UOAssist - And I've sent them an e-mail or two and they refuse to respond.

Thanks,
Q

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oO

UOAM is up and running again!?!?

I'll have to try this when i get home ...

UOCarto is great and has been a nice asset ... but i miss things like logging houses etc that UOAM used to have as features that UOC hasn't gotten going (approval issues or something? i dunno)

heck, I like maps so much, I'll prob have both running anyway ;-)
Just an FYI, but the issue with house logging is in UOAssist not UOCartographer. Kiwi, the dev of UOC, stated that once UOAssist was fixed/updated it should start working again. Of course Kiwi has been MIA for almost a year now and I have not tried UOAM to know if the house logging is working again.

S

Sevin0oo0

@ TheLetterQ
start here if you're interested, it's for a similar app of old.
sevin.t35.com/code/8x8 param.txt