• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auto Looting in EC

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is there a macro that opens surrounding corpses and looks for a specified item? I spend quite a bit of time in the lich room in Doom and opening the corpses constantly is tiring to say the least. All I want out of the corpse is the map. Is there a macro I can create that checks nearby corpses or un-touched corpses for the item and retrieves it?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still have to open all the corpses manually to "auto loot" which is a shame.

This is the closest you will get:

Jon

Adventurer
I know this post is a bit old but I am finally giving EC a solid try I am not useing pincos, I was able to set up the auto loot like above with standard macro in ec. My question in the agent setting what is the difference between “add by type” or “add by Id” ? Thank you in advance!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know this post is a bit old but I am finally giving EC a solid try I am not useing pincos, I was able to set up the auto loot like above with standard macro in ec. My question in the agent setting what is the difference between “add by type” or “add by Id” ? Thank you in advance!
Every gold stack has its own (shard-wide) unique "item ID" while they all share a common "item type". If you want to loot all gold, you want to "add by type", since "add by id" would only loot a single specific gold pile on a single corpse.

Same goes for leather, wood, etc.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Adventurer
Every gold stack has its own (shard-wide) unique "item ID" while they all share a common "item type". If you want to loot all gold, you want to "add by type", since "add by id" would only loot a single specific gold pile on a single corpse.

Same goes for leather, wood, etc.

Ok I get that so if I’m after jewelry wish ssi dci hci on it would I need to find a piece with all that on there and add by id? Or do I still need to just loot all jewelry and go through it manually?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I get that so if I’m after jewelry wish ssi dci hci on it would I need to find a piece with all that on there and add by id?
No, each piece of jewelry has its unique ID.

Or do I still need to just loot all jewelry and go through it manually?
Yes :/

The IDs is how the game can actually know that one sword has like SSI while another sword of the same looks has DI instead. Think of a list of all the world objects in UO:

ID 1: longsword (item type 1), DI, Repond slayer
ID 2: longsword (item type 1), SSI, Demon slayer, 100% fire
ID 3: shield (item type 2), DCI
ID 4: gold (item type 3), amount 3000
ID 5: gold (item type 3), amount 1500
etc.

For your case you can only filter all jewelry by adding the item type of jewelry. Rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces should have each an own item type. To further filter for specific item mods you would need to do a bit of programming (afaik). Maybe Pincos can do it, but I really dont know.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
one of the most shameful things done to screw over honest cc people was to make ec so must better, make pincos legal and do nothing for the cc people. devs need to make program for cc, to help make things much more even between the 2 clients or at least make an illegal program, legal. from pvp, looting and many other advantages of ec/pincos, people will continue to leave. it seems like no one cares. ive said this before, if cc people really knew what ec/pincos can do, they would not be happy. just my opinions.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I get that so if I’m after jewelry wish ssi dci hci on it would I need to find a piece with all that on there and add by id? Or do I still need to just loot all jewelry and go through it manually?
in my UI there is the finders keepers system that brings on top items with specific stats, on default you can't do it...

Jon

Adventurer
in my UI there is the finders keepers system that brings on top items with specific stats, on default you can't do it...
So in your UI (just downloaded it) how does finders keeper ms work? I select items I want st the top of the loot bag?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in your UI (just downloaded it) how does finders keeper ms work? I select items I want st the top of the loot bag?
no you must go in the setting and specify all the details manually, no targeting :D
and the items will go on top of the corpse items list not the loot bag...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
one of the most shameful things done to screw over honest cc people was to make ec so must better, make pincos legal and do nothing for the cc people. devs need to make program for cc, to help make things much more even between the 2 clients or at least make an illegal program, legal. from pvp, looting and many other advantages of ec/pincos, people will continue to leave. it seems like no one cares. ive said this before, if cc people really knew what ec/pincos can do, they would not be happy. just my opinions.
Or you could just use the EC? No one is forcing players to stay on the CC. If you want to use the CC instead of EC, knowing that EC has all these "advantages", then that's on you I'm afraid. As for Broadsword making Pinco's "legal", its just a UI. Anyone can make a UI for the EC, the devs designed it with an open framework and full documentation on how to modify it (don't believe me, download the EC, and go to the User Interface folder and you will find an entire set of documentation on how to modify the UI). Pinco is just someone that decided to make a full blown UI for it to help people (and we are grateful for it!).

CC users buy/use 3rd party tools to get an advantage over others (UOAssit, UOAM, etc.). The real complaints shouldn't be about CC vs EC, it should be about vanilla CC vs "paid" CC. EC is free to anyone. Pinco's UI is free to anyone.

Jon

Adventurer
no you must go in the setting and specify all the details manually, no targeting :D
and the items will go on top of the corpse items list not the loot bag...
Thank you got it worked out just need to play with it more!!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or you could just use the EC? No one is forcing players to stay on the CC. If you want to use the CC instead of EC, knowing that EC has all these "advantages", then that's on you I'm afraid. As for Broadsword making Pinco's "legal", its just a UI. Anyone can make a UI for the EC, the devs designed it with an open framework and full documentation on how to modify it (don't believe me, download the EC, and go to the User Interface folder and you will find an entire set of documentation on how to modify the UI). Pinco is just someone that decided to make a full blown UI for it to help people (and we are grateful for it!).

CC users buy/use 3rd party tools to get an advantage over others (UOAssit, UOAM, etc.). The real complaints shouldn't be about CC vs EC, it should be about vanilla CC vs "paid" CC. EC is free to anyone. Pinco's UI is free to anyone.
Well, technically true. I'm a huge EC fan, but with some features I'm pretty sure the developers back then couldn't image what players will come up with. Normally there is some form of corretive, i.e. Developers closing loopholes which were not intended. But this is UO. And 2018. Nobody is going to fix or close anything ;)

DDesire

Adventurer
Hello guys,

don't want to create a new thread so asking here.
in EC I have set up the organazier and put a vacuum hotkey, if I hit the hotkey the looting works just fine but auto close containers does not work at all?!
if I press the organizer button on the corpse itself it loots then closes the container just fine, anyone else run into this issue? how to solve?

(the close all container vacuum works in Pincos UI, however the constant crashes are driving me insane so I am forcing myself to the regular EC)

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello guys,

don't want to create a new thread so asking here.
in EC I have set up the organazier and put a vacuum hotkey, if I hit the hotkey the looting works just fine but auto close containers does not work at all?!
if I press the organizer button on the corpse itself it loots then closes the container just fine, anyone else run into this issue? how to solve?

(the close all container vacuum works in Pincos UI, however the constant crashes are driving me insane so I am forcing myself to the regular EC)
I noticed the same thing after i set up my macro as well.......anyone know the reason for this?