• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Austin Town Hall (Sept 13th, 2008) Gathering Info!!

S

Sebrina

Hear ye, Hear ye, Hear ye!!

11th UO Anniversary??

NOTE: This thread post is always under development! Post your interest, ideas, and enthusiasm and we will consolidate them into the top of this thread!

http://www.mythicentertainment.com/uo/roadtrip/2008/uo_2008_september_austin.php Austin Town Hall for Ultima Online ( <-- Register at this link) is on Saturday, September 13, 2008 at:

Dave & Busters
9333 Research Blvd.
Suite A600
Austin, TX 78759

September 13, 2008
3:00PM - 6:00pm EST
LIVE BROADCAST by Whispering Rose Radio!!

This thread is for everyone to offer ideas to gather together and make the MOST out of this event ...

Before the Town Hall
During the Town Hall
After the Town Hall

OPPORTUNITIES!! MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IN TEXAS WITH UO PLAYERS!!

SAN ANTONIO -- to -- AUSTIN -- to -- SAN ANTONIO!!!

SAT = San Antonio, Texas
AUS = Austin, Texas

The player behind Winfield of Chesapeake - http://testing.uocwiki.org/index.php?title=Winfield (Send PM on UOForums) is making some plans to help out. He lives in the San Antonio, Texas area -- a short 2 hour drive from Austin.

So, he has an ambitious plan where you fly into San Antonio (SAT), Texas, spend a couple of extra days with UO friends before and after the Town Hall, and then fly out of San Antonio.

He will rent a Mini-Van (6-8 passenger) to and from Austin for the Town Hall. If there are a LOT of people from SAT to AUS and back to SAT, we could charter a bus. What better way to have GREAT FUN together!!

• Thursday, Sep 11th - San Antonio Arrival.
    San Antonio Hotel: TBD (low and medium cost alternatives)
  • Friday, Sep 12th - San Antonio to Austin.
    Mini-van (by Winfield) will probably depart San Antonio by 11 AM
    Central Time.
    Austin Hotel: TBD (low and medium cost alternatives)
  • Saturday, Sep 13th - Austin - TOWN HALL - Night on the town in Austin!!
    Austin Hotel: TBD (low and medium cost alternatives)
  • Sunday, Sep 14th - Austin to San Antonio.
    Drive via mini-van (by Winfield) to San Antonio.
  • Monday, Sep 15th - San Antonio - see the town! Riverwalk! Alamo!
    Depart San Antonio if desired.
  • Tuesday, Sep 16th - San Antonio Departure - depart San Antonio.
    Depart San Antonio.

OK - HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED??

Send a Private Message to Winfield of Chesapeake http://www.uoforums.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=7650 if you are interested in coming to San Antonio before and/or after the Austin Town Hall so he can work with you on arrangements and more information.
Going straight to the Town Hall in Austin? Try to stay in the hotel(s) that other UO players are staying in. Let Winfield know if you want to engage in events outside the town hall with other players.
Enthusiastic about helping out with activities around the town hall?? Post right on this Forum Thread as a Reply.
You're planning on coming -- post a REPLY!!
You have suggestions even if you can't come -- post a REPLY!!
Let's make this a wonderful experience for everyone who can and can not make it to Austin! We are one UO Family!!

Note from Winfield of Chesapeake:

My friends,

Austin will mark around the 11th Anniversary of Ultima Online!! Last year in Austin was the dramatic 10th Anniversary with Lord British (Richard Garriott) attending. I had a unique and inspiring opportunity to give Electronic Arts / Mythic and Lord British a special presentation from our PaxLair 10-year player community on Chesapeake.

We cherish our time together, either in person or through the ethereal planes and realms created for us. These town halls are very significant. We meet friends, we share ideas, and we renew our own ideas, goals, and visions of how UO can help us become better people through this wonderful community. It is of course a game ... Ultima Online that is. Yet we are real-people devoting our time and energies in a virtual world that is SO ROBUST in capabilities ... that we can actually learn from one another, share experiences, build communities, and create friendships that last for years and years.

Come to this town hall if you can! Listen to Whispering Rose Radio if you can not! These Town Halls are as good as the players who come. This is a Town Hall you will NOT want to miss!

Dragonspeed my friends,

Winfield, Governor of PaxLair Statehood, Chesapeake Shard.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also it is the first birthday of our "brand new client" released 07-27-07 Kingdom Reborn, i hope i will get some infos about patches and the future of KR there.

D

Dor of Sonoma

*waves hey howdy to her Austin friends*

It should be fun, for those whom can attend (I'll be going to the Seattle Town Hall in August, myself).

I think that Whispering Rose radio may be in for a rude shock if/when they try to broadcast anything from Dave & Busters, though! It's so bloody noisy there...*still wincing at the memory after all of these years*

A

AesSedai

- howdy right back at ya' Dor, and to all as well
:)

It looks like I'll be able to make it to the Meet; and luv it; they're always a good dose of fun :)
Texas ain't that big ya'll; just flow-into Austin, and enjoy!
If you haven't been there before, Austin is a hyper-growing little (big) town that is chock-full of way too much to do.
It is well-worth the visit (and hey, there is a UO party there too - quite fun indeed, truth be told).

And hey, it is right at UO's 11th anniversary (& KR's 1st as well, from what I read).

And hey, there will be some very important UO personnel in the city that week as well; and likely quite a bit more real, & key, videogame heroes too.
(Little factoid: Austin resident & UO Lord, Richard Garriott still seems to be slated to become a true space veteran one month later ~ October 2008.)

(these bloody texans disturb me; for in person they really are as cordial, as friendly, as the rumors suggest... fools. Ha! But it is fun, and they do seem to like sharing it.. Maybe it will spread?)

C

Crystal Rose

WRR will be fine for broadcasting as we are always in a private room for the meeting away from the main floor gamers. Hope to see all you there!!
Listen daily to www.wrrad.com

TY Adam of UOForums, Zig of Stratics..etc etc..See you all in Seattle!
Crystal Rose

K

kennykilleduo

Hopefully we won't get more lies and some real info...

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have a couple of guys and guildies from Origin show up again this year. I have a schedule conflict to work out, and it is uncertain at this time whether there will be an overnight, or which one.

Looking forward to it again and thanks to Winfield for lighting a fire!

G

Gowron

WOOT WOOT!!!
I'm in San Antonio now, and would love to go.

L

love2winalot

If you are gonna have a town hall meeting, have it in Vegas, or don't have it at all.:D

A

AesSedai

Well, it looks like I probably won't be able to go after all :(

(Like good tex-mex? Check out El Arroyo. Like to party? 6th street. I wonder if the Gyro shoppe is still there? ... Yeah, I'm jealous of those able to make it. But atm, there's only about a 10% chance that I can attend this one. I say: Drats!)

Hope everyone has a grande time... only a few days left to make some plans!