• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed August 2017 Event Summary

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I apologise for the delay in posting times, and event details. But, I think you’ll agree it is worth the wait when the 20th Anniversary Celebrations kick off any day now!

Rest assured, I will be wandering around the shard, here and there, adding my own secret herbs and spices to the recipe as events unfold.

It may help to think of the hard work that the devs have done as the main course, and my humble offerings as your after-dinner mint. A magical mint, with a fine taste that lingers as lethal poison causes you fall to your knees, and everything goes dark…

Oh, and here’s another time zone thingamajig. I hope someone out there finds it useful and educational. If I ever get the time, I’ll do one of those wheel things that you can cut out and play with.Maybe.

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Looks for Australia on the clock :(
which one?

Time in Australia
Australian continent stretches out over three time zones. Because Australia is situated west to the International Date Line, it is ahead of time compared to most other countries of the world. The proper names of Australia's time zones are: Australian Western Standard Time - UTC+08 (AWST), Australian Central Standard Time - UTC+09:30 (ACST), and Australian Eastern Standard Time - UTC+10:00 (AEST).

Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Covers the eastern states of Queensland, New South Wales (with the exception of the town of Broken Hill), Victoria, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory.
AEST is equal to Coordinated Universal Time plus 10 hours (UTC +10).

Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)
Covers the state of South Australia, the town of Broken Hill in western New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
ACST is equal to Coordinated Universal Time plus 9 ½ hours (UTC +9 ½).

Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)
Covers Western Australia.
AWST is equal to Coordinated Universal Time plus 8 hours (UTC +8).

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doh I can work out the time, just always forgotten was my point, the southern hemisphere doesn't exist in UO!

Is like when we 'win' competitions in UO, we don't get our prizes either.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the competition thing is the EM's fault. From what EM Troubador once said, EMs are (mostly) banned from directly handing things to players. The exceptions are (probably not a complete list) Royal Guard sashes, returning items to players, and ..um.. I forget what else he said. Dragons? Might have been flesh-eating dragons. The memory is the first thing to go. Or the second. Perhaps the third? I forget.
Something to do with abuse on "normal" shards. Pah. I'm happy to be abnormal if that's normal. But, once again, Tramellites ruin things for everyone. A pox on the lot of them!

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
That's largely true.

Because of a wide mixture of reasons, too mundane and boring and drama-filled to go into here, most of the time I am not supposed to directly hand anything to you.
Monsters dropping loot is one way around that problem - if you hit it, and you were in the top number of attackers, then you've earned your loot. No favoritism.
If, say, at a meet-and-greet, there's a sash dispenser, everyone has an equal opportunity to click on it and get exactly the same reward. No favoritism.

Competitions are a problem.
You might accuse me of picking the wrong winner. You might claim that the competition was rigged. You might be able to present absolute proof that the winner cheated. You might claim that the winner was my third cousin seventy-four times removed.
All of which leaves the perception that someone with a unique rare only got it because they were cheating. Nobody wants to go to events once accusations of corruption at events start. Even if proof that the accusations are completely and utterly false can be presented, by then, the damage is done.

The Reward Hall gets around this problem. You might not like it, but that's the world we currently live in. If you win a competition, your reward goes on public display.

That's the way it is, and I do not have the power (or the will) to change it.

If you don't like the competitions, nobody is forcing any of you to take part. If no one shows up, or enters any of them, I can take a hint - I'll do non-competitive events instead. But as long as people do turn up, I'm going to assume that they're worth doing. Vote with your feet. I can count foot votes!
*divides by two, then divides by five, hopes no mounts were involved*

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Oh yeah - the "you left my time zone out" issue will be resolved, once and for all, next month. Most of it's resolved right now, if you go and look at the EM website. Scroll down a bit, look on the left.