• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sold] Auctioning Off A Few Of My Event Rares

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiyas Everyone :) This is my 1st Auction and 1st time selling anything in this forum. In fact, I've never sold any rares I have obtained and usually give them away to friends when I have extra. I have been playing UO since it started (on the same account) and my characters are pretty well known on Atlantic. I have also been posting on Stratics since around 2003 (a few years longer then my profile says).

These are a few items that came from ingame events, NOT from EM events. It was suggested by some that I trust to auction off the items rather then sell them ingame, so here I am :).

Some ground rules :

1- Auction Ends Sunday 17th May 2015 @ 2100 (9 PM) EST
2- I reserve the right to not accept a bid if I feel it is too low.
3- I reserve the right to not accept a bid if I do not wish to sell to the bidder (ie. new accounts with few posts that are trolling or individuals I believe to be nefarious).
4- ALL bids must be made in the thread (I will not accept bids in private messages, ICQ (which I do not have/use), or even in game).
5- This is ALL on ATLANTIC. Considering the bid, I may be willing to transfer items to a shard if I have the shard shield for that shard.
6-
Bear with me as I will try to update the list as soon as I can when I can.
7- Bear with me as this is my first attempt selling anything online.
8- 10 Minute rule applies.

Thanks to SoBad for letting me use his Auction rules (with a couple changes).
Thanks to everyone that took the time to read this and to anyone interested enough to bid!

Items List :

Item #1 - Cure For The Great Gargish Blight Prepared by Crux Ansata X 4 - Smoot 15m x 1 Jason- 15m x 1
I had actually found 5 in an IDOC, gave one away, was going to keep 2 myself, and sell 2.
I have decided to sell the 2 I originally planned to keep for display due to player interest.
Item #2 - King Blackthorn's Bones (Pink in color) X 1 - ZozmaLS 50m
Item #3 - Order Crystal (Blue in color) X 2 - Kolka 10m x 1 Flutter 15m x 1 (as of now, this item is sold out)
Item #4 - Virtue Crystal (Green in color) X 5 - Smoot 5m x 1 Flutter 5m x 1
Item #5 - Order-Infused Ink X 5 - Kolka 2m x 1
Item #6 - Virtue-Infused Ink X 2 - Kolka 2m x 1
Item #7 - Veritae's Music Box Gear X 2 (not pictured) - Finley Grant 10m x 1
Rares Forum.jpg
*** Items #3 through #6 (4 items) were from the Stygian Abyss House Give Away Event and could only be gotten during the event. The only ones I've seen belong to a few friends to which I gave them. These blessed quest items can not be banked or placed on a vendor and are normally stuck in your backpack. They can be removed from a players backpack by loading up a pack to 125 items, picking up and holding the blessed item in the cursor, then casting Create Food (using a macro). Once a food item is created, drop the blessed item back into your backpack and it drops to the ground on the exact spot the player is standing. The blessed item may then be locked down and raised/lowered using a deco tool.

Any winning bidders on items #3, #4, #5, and #6 will be taken to a secure home where only myself and the bidder are accessed for a smooth transaction. Since all of my homes are in Felucca, the only way I can assure only myself and the bidder are accessed is to use one of my own personal homes. If doing a transaction in Felucca is not acceptable(these items are blessed and can not be stolen), I can bring the item to the bidders location however I can not guarantee a 100% smooth transaction in a location that I can not 100% control. Since these items can not be vendored, payment must be made in advance.

I can understand someone that does not know me being skeptical. All I can do is assure that in almost 18 yrs of playing UO I have never scammed, stolen, or cheated anyone. Character references on Atlantic could easily be supplied. If these items go unsold, I understand and that will be fine. They will stay locked down for display in my homes.

I'm sorry this is so long but I wanted to be as honest, clear, and concise as possible.
Again, Thank You All For Your Time & Best of Luck to All in the Auction !

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
#3 through 6 - 1m per

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any chance these could be broken up? im interested, but as i only would want 1 crystal and the other 3 would be very hard to sell off. same goes for the cures, interested, but my bid would reflect having to take the risk and trouble of selling off the other three. just saying you might get higher offers if they sold separately but understand if you prefer the ease of selling off as a lot.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I should of noted that. My intention was to take bids on 1 of each item, not the bulk of all. I completely agree and understand that most folks wouldn't want all of one item.

TBH I'd prefer to sell them individually that way more than one person could get something they were looking for.
Yes, absolutely the items could be broken up and I apologize for not posting that at the start.
Please understand this is my 1st ever attempt at this and I'm learning as I go.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Just a clarification, when I bid, I don't recall seeing any quanties listed. I'm only bidding on 1 each from #s 3-6, not all 12 of them.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Item #1 - Cure For The Great Gargish Blight Prepared by Crux Ansata
1 cure - 15m

Item #3 - Order Crystal (Blue in color) X 1 5m
Item #4 - Virtue Crystal (Green in color) X 1 5m

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
brianfreud2 I understood your bid for 1 of each item as you originally posted.

I should of specified bids were for one individual item at the start. I knew I'd forget something, this being my 1st crack at auctioning.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Jason- I would accept a bid of 15m for one cure if that is what you were offering.
I'm sorry but I could not accept a bid of 15m for two if that was your intent.

Also, I apologize for not being able to monitor this and post more but we've had bad storms where I live and my internet has been going in/out this weekend.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i originally offered 20m for 1 cure when these items were first posted a while back in the other thread. i will keep to that offer.

20m for 1 cure.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Item #3 - Order Crystal (Blue in color) X 1 5m
Item #4 - Virtue Crystal (Green in color) X 1 5m

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I was saying 15 for each because me and Smoot were each saying 15m and each asking for 1. Sorry if that was confusing.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 1st Auction has ended. I would have posted sooner but couldn't get online again :(

Thanks everyone ! I will PM the winning bidders ASAP to arrange a smooth transaction :)

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Yay. Seemed like it worked out well to me. And I am glad to come to Fel to get my cure if Need be, Thanks

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Did I not win one each of 4, 5, and 6?

Celestial_lich

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
So the only two cures that were sold went for 15 each? If I'm reading this correctly, then two would still be available, yes?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Did I not win one each of 4, 5, and 6?
For the record, Acid Rain has informed me via PM that he will not be honoring these bids, though they won, because he considers them to be too low. For the record Acid Rain, I don't see much difference between 1m and 2m, and privately asking me to now pay more for items that I've already won I don't consider to be right. If you were going to reject the bids due to them being too low, you should have stated so here before the auction ended, not simply ignored my bids once the auction ended.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items quoted in your post were indeed sold to the players at the prices you quoted. The bids rejected were your bids at 1m per item. I'm sorry your bids were so low.

Please note #7 in the ground rules. I had not considered varying bids on the same items. This was indeed my mistake, having never sold anything UO related before. I have never run an auction and did a poor job my 1st time around. For this I am sorry and can definitively say it will not happen again.

Please note #2 in the ground rules. I believe that 1m for an in game event item that can no longer be obtained with a unique name and graphic is far to low a bid. I believe 2m for items #5 and #6 are also far to low however this being my 1st auction, I was trying to accommodate bidders and accepted some amounts even if I thought they were low.

I do not feel that 1m for the items you bid on is an amount which I would be willing to sell them(rule #2). I do feel that selling items during the same auction to different parties at up to 5 x the price different is a matter of fairness.

I apologize for not making my intent clearer on bidding and can only assure you that I will not make this mistake again IF I use this forum again to sell items. Thank you for your time and consideration.
(That is the exact message I PMed Brianfreud2)

In the future, if I do sell items again, I will make sure to place reserves. I did not know to do this. If there is relatively no difference between 1m and 2m as you said, I don't see why your upset when I offered you items #5 and #6.

If I reject bids, apparently I should post that in the thread to be more clear. I assumed that when your name/bid was not updated in red beside the item it would be obvious. I was also having problems getting online this weekend due to bad weather & no connection. Again, I am sorry for the problems that arose on my 1st ever sale of items online and can only apologize and stress that it will not happen again.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankyou Acid Rain for quick and smooth transaction.

grats on your first auction, i know it can be troublesome to sell things in a method to suit all buying styles. People do like reserves, but its also perfectly fine to simply reserve the right not to sell as you stated in original post. as you know, people do this in traders hall all the time. It may prevent some bidders, but is an acceptable selling method as long as its stated (as you did)

Very cool items :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In the future, if I do sell items again, I will make sure to place reserves. I did not know to do this. If there is relatively no difference between 1m and 2m as you said, I don't see why your upset when I offered you items #5 and #6.
Because there IS a difference between 1 and 2m. I won at 1m on each of the three. You offer to sell them at 2m and 5m. If I auction something at 2m, I don't go to the winner, reject their bid after the fact, and instead ask for 5 or 10. In any case, it's fine, I'll just wait on these.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My above post clearly states my contentions on this matter.

I wish you the best of luck in finding these items at an acceptable price and again apologize for any misunderstandings.

Many thanks to all those that participated in my 1st Auction and congratulations to the winners. I hope you enjoy your items :)

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Item #1 - Cure For The Great Gargish Blight Prepared by Crux Ansata X 4

I would like one of these for 15 if still available.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I was thinking there were only 2 total available. But If there are some of the Cures left then I want another. Also, What else is left? I may want more than that.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ok, So I see the update at the top now. I misunderstood how many total there were. So I will take the last Cure for 15m if I can.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two other players asked me about the Cures first and I am awaiting their responses.
If they do not get back to me or are no longer interested I will be certain to contact you both.
Thank you both for your interest :)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the Auction ended I was contacted via PM concerning Item #1.
Since this occurred after the Auction and before either Jason- or Cupid inquired,
I feel it is fair to give those individuals a chance to respond before any sales.

If I am not contacted or the individuals are no longer interested, I will contact you
in the order which I received inquiries. I hope this is acceptable.