• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auction Safes

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you could do a search for items that are on active auctions safes.. Something similar to what we
have for vendor search now.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I wish you could do a search for items that are on active auctions safes.. Something similar to what we
have for vendor search now.
I think it has been brought up as a request/recommendation in the past, not sure of when they may implement something like this..or if real plans for it. Agree that it will be a huge boon to trading stuff. Also there is word of "consignment fees" for vendors, i.e. pay 5% or something decent like that, at point of sale of vendor items, rather than the present fees of huge daily charges on vendored items waiting to be sold for months, incurring charges of MANY millions per month on some vendors. For the last part, word is that this is upcoming shortly, with new update, but I think it is still up . in the air..Would like to see it to believe it.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found these things quite problematic when it comes to getting attention with just 1 or a few... unless you have high traffic. I mean HIGH traffic.

The few places I see these have no less then 9 (3x vet picks) and UP-UP-UP. Even then, with things in high demand and selling often on a vendor just next to the safe, people always tend to go to the vendor... and never the auction safe, when the buy price is the exact same. Quite disappointing, to be honest.

I was researching if my town should have an auction house. Between that fact and the no-search? Not worth time and money. Sorry.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For auction safes the work around is this. Put a rune on a vendor. Label the rune the item name and auction safe. Then when putting price on rune label it name of item and auction safe. By doing this people can search for the item and auction safe through vendor search. If we all do this more frequently it will become a more popular method and catch on to the rest of the community.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You're going to find that people simply don't search for "the wilted remnants of a long lost game as depicted on the first full moon following the launch of the twilight abyss into the kindom of the netherworld" em type name anyway.

Maybe if they include auction safe prices however, people might just look to see what people are charging multiple plat on for 48 hour old items.

I'd be fine with slapping the 175m cap on safes to make them fit into the current VS system however.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. What I see on the auction safes... is normally EM drop, that are far outside orbital prices. :)

Still, I've seen things not so very special... that are 20% over a vendor pricing. BUT, thats just very poor selling skills.

Putting runes on a vendor with the item advertised is a very good idea! The whole Krampus collection is very unstable on search. On Atlantic, most of the time its RUNES I find... never the item. And even then, the prices are bonkers. Still, a very handy little trick. Runes.