• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Auction House

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I have been doing a lot of thinking this week and have decided that I will be opening up a monthly Auction House!!
I plan on having it up and running in a month.
I recently placed nice 18x17 plot in Zento on the road. And I think it would be a perfect spot for a auction house. There will be events and games during the auction with prizes.

I have been thinking of a few events that I think would be fun to do also.
I am going to try and make it a interactive auction house. As I run each event I want to try and lockdown something in the auction house to display the event and the winner of it.. I have a few ideas on how to do it and think it will work out well..

I have a few events in mind. Some that I think will be pretty awesome to do and something different..
I have a stealing event in the works for all the thieves out there.
T-map event: I place a judge at the map spot. Participants race each other, first to their map digs it up, kills and opens wins the round.
A checker tournament: I haven't seen one in a while its basic but I think would be fun
Standard foot races, naked dungeon races, and boat races..
I would like to hold some fishing and crabbing contests.
Some type of deco contest.
Hunt & Seek: A play on hide and seek. this event would have to take place in fel. Everyone gets a compose, a basic all 70s suit and a basic weapon, and I give a set of coordinates. At the given location there will be the boss (aka a pvper). Object is to make it the coordinates and be the player to get the kill.
Im not sure how yet but will try to figure out a boat hunting event. to see who is the best pirate or pirate crew.

More details will come as I think of them and make them up..

auction house1.jpg

A Work In Progress Coming Soon!!!!!

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also note there are some events that I want to do that I will be looking for a host to help run the show.
I want to try and provide the best events I can. And well im not going to lie, for some events I want to run. As a host I think I would be horrible at it.
I want to make the house all about the community. Getting together and having a night of fun rather then pvping and yelling at people in chat or just going and farming monsters.
If there are any players that currently run their own events on the shard. Maybe we can get together and put on a bigger show.
There are a few people that I have on a list already to contact and try to set something up.
The way I plan on designing the house im going to have certain spots of the house to sort of highlight past event winners.
Like say if I hold a boat racing contest. I am going to have some type of water deco at the auction house. And the winner will get a boat placed in the water with their name and things like that.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You rock! Perhaps we could integrate Tavern Nights with some of these events. Meet @ the Tavern the hour before? Maybe after to debrief & laugh?

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Have you considered something other than a monthly auction as Catskills just had one of those that started up.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I should add, I love events. Really glad you are excited and looking forward to running some! It will be really wonderful to add another person to the Catskills events community!!!I just meant that it might be nice to start the focus on things that were not already planned and up and moving.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Gillian Wilkins I haven't considered anything else. I've been wanting to start an auction house for like 2 years. Just never got around to it..
Also i never knew Catskills had a monthly auction house. I was only aware of Thom running his auction here and there. I didn't know there was any others...
I think having 2 auction houses won't hurt at all. Well except my pockets that is..
I am very easy going and have no problems working around other players events. Do u know who runs the monthly auction house and it's location?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luna (Inky), Vesper (Mare), and Trinsic (Thom) all run auction houses, several times --- if not monthly, often enough. I "occassionally" run an auction AND market out of Umbra --- BUT mine is completely "in character". I haven't done an auction in years, and did a market a few months ago.

If there is a monthly one though... why don't we do the same thing Judas does and make a "rotation" for them? I like the idea of having different hosts for the auctions.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In he interest of fairness I only know of one auction that is held regularly (not as part of a specific need like community collection funding) and that is mine, and it has only been open two months now. I honestly don't feel like that is cause for a rotation, just some courtesy by not scheduling too close. I plan to run the Jade Wind Auction House on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.

Now that that's out of the way... i'm glad to see someone else jumping into running events on Catskills. The more the merrier. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with some of the events that you talked about, and if you need help let me know. I'd be happy to lend a hand if you need it.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont want to step on anyones toes. I nhave absolutely no problem working around everyone else's days. And if I ever plan something on a day that all ready has a event. Please msg and inform me and I will change it.
I am a very laid back person and easy to work with.

@Thom if you have your auctions on the 3rd Wednesday every month. I will try to do the 1st week of every month. So that there is a nice gap between the 2 auctions.
And thank you aton for the offer to help. When the time came I actually wanted to talk to you about hosting a fishing contest for me. I think your setup for running the event is perfect and you do a great job

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can actually use all of your opinions on the first event I want to do, my stealing event.. I was trying to think of a good way to do a thief event. I like what I came up with and I think the concept fits a thief pretty well..

I am going to come up with a list of items. All of the items will be items that you have to steal from doom, tokuno, ect, ect... For each item the player turns in I will pay a bounty on. I will list the bounty of each item before hand. The harder the item is to steal the higher the bounty will be.
At the end of the event the top 3 or 5 players with the highest bounty will win prizes.
At the end of the event I will also give each player a option. Of either having me return the items back to them that they turned in. Or I will pay in gold the sum of the items bounty.

So the event is pretty much the thief goes out and steals as much as he can. Then he takes the items back to me "the fence" and they win prizes. I think it completely sums up a thief and his objective of steal to make gold or steal for ones self.
I don't think I have ever seen a player ran thief event before. So I don't really have context of how to run one to help guide me. I think this would work. If anyone has any opinions on something they would change or add please feel free to let me know in post or PM me..
I haven't ran a event since like 1999/2000.. So all the input and opinions I can get before the event is greatly appreciated and helpful. It will help me set things up and help run it more smoothly.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has taken a little bit longer to get things set up then I thought it would.. The place is starting to really take shape now. It is now open to the public if you would like to stop by, see things so far, and say hi!
As the Auction house itself I should have it up and running the first week of August.. I plan on running several events during that entire week. I would actually love to do like a whole week long Catskills Shard Appreciation Week.
Get a bunch of events going for the week, get a bunch of big shard hunts going, and stuff like that..
Since this is will be the first auction, that I have done since like 1999. I am most likely going to have a soft open auction of like 10 items afew days before the full auction. Make sure I have it all down and have it ready to run smoothly.

I don't know everybody's schedules. Does the 1st week of August interrupt anyone's event or normal schedule?

@Thom I would like to have a fishing and crabbing contest during the weeks events. Would you be interested in possibly helping out with hosting it?

@Noble Beast Would you be interested in pairing up and helping host a dart board tourney at one of the taverns?

@MareJadeSky Would you be interested in helping host a lumberjack contest that is a bit hazardous to ones health?

@Gillian Wilkins Would the city of Yew like to team up with me and get a event going sometime during this week??

@Inkboy the Wild If you would like to pair up and get something going that week also let me know..

If there is anyone else who would be interested in running a event or pairing up that week. Please contact me =)
Also again if that week is messing with anyones schedule please contact me and let me know.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be happy to help. Just let me know what you'd like or need.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Ducan IronWeaver what kind of lumberjacking event, i have the vesper one that run a week long at the end of the month,

and for Auction most are a full circle with the woodmen event i hold there are other stuff but mostly item i have gotten from the wood i have turn in from the enters

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It has taken a little bit longer to get things set up then I thought it would.. The place is starting to really take shape now. It is now open to the public if you would like to stop by, see things so far, and say hi!
As the Auction house itself I should have it up and running the first week of August.. I plan on running several events during that entire week. I would actually love to do like a whole week long Catskills Shard Appreciation Week.
Get a bunch of events going for the week, get a bunch of big shard hunts going, and stuff like that..
Since this is will be the first auction, that I have done since like 1999. I am most likely going to have a soft open auction of like 10 items afew days before the full auction. Make sure I have it all down and have it ready to run smoothly.

I don't know everybody's schedules. Does the 1st week of August interrupt anyone's event or normal schedule?

@Thom I would like to have a fishing and crabbing contest during the weeks events. Would you be interested in possibly helping out with hosting it?

@Noble Beast Would you be interested in pairing up and helping host a dart board tourney at one of the taverns?

@MareJadeSky Would you be interested in helping host a lumberjack contest that is a bit hazardous to ones health?

@Gillian Wilkins Would the city of Yew like to team up with me and get a event going sometime during this week??

@Inkboy the Wild If you would like to pair up and get something going that week also let me know..

If there is anyone else who would be interested in running a event or pairing up that week. Please contact me =)
Also again if that week is messing with anyones schedule please contact me and let me know.

I am always down to assist with, sponsor, or take part in events.. send me a note 668 123 198. Looking forward to it!

Inky

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im getting more and more exited as the more pixels I place down. So I had to share a preview of things so far!

A look at the top! My poor boat got wrecked!

ZentoHouse#1.jpg

A closer look at the shipwreak

ZentoHouse#3.jpg
And a look into my Zento treasury so far!!

ZentoHouse#1.jpg