• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] ATTN Miners: Big changes coming in Publish 56

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First of all, we will no longer be able to smelt on Fire Beetles' ghosts.

Second, Gargoyle Pickaxes will now bring up Dull Copper from Iron spots. I have not yet tested on TC as to whether the GPA will pring up DC elementals (will try to do so this morning)

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would not say Big changes. Seems to me they are fixing a bug and fixing something that should have always worked.

T

Tycolby

Over three years to fix one little fire beatle is big!!!!

As for the DC ellie, I bet it is still not fixed. Yeah you might be able to dig up a DC ellie now but it most likely will not have the slayers groups assigned to it, Earth Ellie and Elemental. I also bet it wont give the 25 ore like all the other ellies.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Wow that's cool. I was just mentioning that I wanted this change. Now I can take a break from killing dull copper elementals and go back to mining (with a gargoyles pickaxe).

T

Tycolby

Made a miner on TC1 and went thru 7 GP's without one DC ellie spawning.
Had 2 Vals, 1 goldie, 1 veri, 1 copper and a shadow but not a single DC.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I wish they'd give us a NPC way to res pets though... my miners and lumberjacks don't have high vet skills and it's a pain to go find someone online in the middle of the night sometimes.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I wish they'd give us a NPC way to res pets though... my miners and lumberjacks don't have high vet skills and it's a pain to go find someone online in the middle of the night sometimes.
What if they made it a "Pet Ressurection Scroll" like a Repair Deed... so you still have to get from players... but you can have some sitting around and you use when you need them?

I like that solution.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Made a miner on TC1 and went thru 7 GP's without one DC ellie spawning.
Had 2 Vals, 1 goldie, 1 veri, 1 copper and a shadow but not a single DC.
How do you get gargoyles pickaxes on TC?

T

Tycolby

arm your miner with a weapon and go kill some gargoyles of course!!!!!!
:scholar:

Any type of gargoyles may drop a gargoyle pick as loot.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can also set your character to 70 mining, and do every BOD you get until you get a GPA (or a large BOD). After all, you got 5k over every color ingot in the bank, for the asking...

I did both for my test.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Thanks for the answers. I went and tried and don't think I have enough time to be helpful on testshard.