• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attacking your own faction.

C

Calibretto

Where did this idea come from? You attack your own faction and lose all your points and lifeforce? So some gimp tamer can just log in your own faction and attack all your reds. or! Even better they can just attack you redlined and when you auto attack you lose all your lifeforce. Hrmmmmmm....
Kudos to the guy that came up with that idea. I sure hope he was one of the guys let go.

C

Calibretto

I think everyone on Siege would agree. Remove this from factions!!!

I

imported_Tina Small

Calibretto, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't have the history with UO that a lot of you have. I'm under the impression that the Siege faction system is kind of a mixture of the faction rules that apply on the other shards plus rules that came from the Order/Chaos system. What was the rationale for doing things so differently on Siege? Just an attempt to take what was the best of both systems and consolidate it into just one system? Or did it have anything to do with not having a Trammel ruleset on Siege?

If you had the choice, would you eliminate all the Order/Chaos aspects from the faction system on Siege so that it works just like on the other shards? Or are there aspects of it that you think are really worth saving? If Siege had a lot more players, would it make sense to separate the two systems again or just keep one system?

G

I can't say why this hero/evil system exists on siege, but it's a good addition. If it were implemented on other shards, the MI ability should be removed or adjusted. That's overpowered in pvm.

However, It's definitely a bug that killing your own faction mates makes you lose faction kill points. That should be fixed.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

I can't say why this hero/evil system exists on siege, but it's a good addition. If it were implemented on other shards, the MI ability should be removed or adjusted. That's overpowered in pvm.

However, It's definitely a bug that killing your own faction mates makes you lose faction kill points. That should be fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does "MI ability" = "monster ignore"? Just checking....

C

Calibretto

The one system is fine IMO. I just think it needs alot of work and tweeks. It's had alot of the same problems for years.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Where did this idea come from? You attack your own faction and lose all your points and lifeforce? So some gimp tamer can just log in your own faction and attack all your reds. or! Even better they can just attack you redlined and when you auto attack you lose all your lifeforce. Hrmmmmmm....
Kudos to the guy that came up with that idea. I sure hope he was one of the guys let go.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, only the first attacker should be penalized.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I would personally like the see people who agress their faction allies immediately ejected from factions subject to the 7 day grace period.

After somebody kills one of your people, do you welcome him back?

That said, of course, I doubt they could effectively implement it without 40 or 50 exploits.

C

Calibretto

As long as you could keep it being the one who attacked. Not sure how they could do this. I believe more in players justice and letting the gamers decide. Ea should never have stuck thier nose in it.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

As long as you could keep it being the one who attacked. Not sure how they could do this. I believe more in players justice and letting the gamers decide. Ea should never have stuck thier nose in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and every time they stuck their nose in they broke it worse. The number of abusers far outweighs the number of noble citizens these days, and unless drastic measures are taken I don't see that trend reversing itself.

There are an awful lot of names that have disappeared from the boards over the past year, many of them fine citizens of our own shard.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I would personally like the see people who agress their faction allies immediately ejected from factions subject to the 7 day grace period.

After somebody kills one of your people, do you welcome him back?

That said, of course, I doubt they could effectively implement it without 40 or 50 exploits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no tolerance for turncoats...

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

why why why why why?

If someone I don't like joins my faction, or if someone in my faction agresses on myself or my friends(perhaps on an alt character) why should I be prevented from attacking/killing them?

What you suggest is pure trammel.

H

Haleorn

Pure trammel indeed. People seem to be forgetting that there have whenever factions was big been faction spies - purposely blocking/fielding their own faction and so forth. On Europa at least we used to have dedicated reds taking out such people.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

It doesn't really matter anyways...

This recent group of faction changes shows that they're going to ruin them just like they have the rest of the game.

Trammel you say? There is no difference between trammel and felucca anymore unless you consider the level of griefing tactics one group can employ on another.