• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attacked in Skara Brae and called guards, but nothing happened???

John Merchant

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was attacked in the guard zone by the bank in Skara Brae and called guards and nothing happened in Felucca? Is there some patch or something that removed guard from Felucca?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately they broke it when they did the last event... there are no more guardzones in any of the faction towns in Felucca.

What it was supposed to be... is that if TB or CoM controlled the towns... then they were to have Guardzones. If Minax or SL controlled the towns... they they were to NOT have Guardzones.

Right now... they just don't have Guardzones...

:bored:

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They "broke" it? I think they fixed it IMO. Fell shouldn't have any guard zones except for maybe the gates and a select "haven" like city maybe Moonglow or something (Occlo is suppose to be the opposite of haven.) Go complain in Tram why don't ya.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They "broke" it? I think they fixed it IMO. Fell shouldn't have any guard zones except for maybe the gates and a select "haven" like city maybe Moonglow or something (Occlo is suppose to be the opposite of haven.) Go complain in Tram why don't ya.
For those of us who play on Siege... there is no such thing as Trammel.

Even then... why shouldn't it be how I described? Good versus Evil is what this game is about. If you want no guardzone then you and your buddies should join Minax or SL and hold the towns.

It should be up to the players to decide...

John Merchant

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I mean I am not really complaining to the fact that they can attack me, but to the fact that I didn't know they could attack me. I saw him running up and was like, "look at the noob murderer... if he thinks about it, i'll just guard wack him"

He combos the heck out of me as I'm calling guards and nothing happens. I had to run for my life. I survived, but only barely.

If I was ready, I would have had a much better chance at the fight.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea it should say "An air of Cowardice/Falsehood/Hatred surrounds thee" / no guards dude bail! when you enter a fel town. Ive been sticking to occlo and the lost lands.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's not broken it's intended it's even in the patch notes.

R

RichDC

Thats what i thought flutter, Im sure it said that there would be no guardzones in any warzone in fel.

The faction towns are a warzone...hence no guards, love how some people dont read and assume the devs broke something.

S

Sweeney

*searched for the "wah-wah-wah-whaaahhhhhh" cartoon sound but can't find it.*

T

thelust6

bwha honestly didn't know this was the case, time to unleash my red on recall bank scripters ^^

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The faction towns are a warzone...hence no guards, love how some people dont read and assume the devs broke something.
During the event it worked the way I described... I say it's broken because not every shard has a Trammel and people who DON'T PvP on these shards enjoy going to Felucca cities.

Maybe Siege should be different... but, when they designed the invasion/crimson dragon faction event... I thought they were going to keep the Good factions versus Evil factions thing going... not just turn the GZ's off, as that's just cutting short the potential for fun we could of otherwise had with this...

It also makes just ONE more reason to want to do factions and make a difference in your 'world'

*shrugs*

R

RichDC

During the event it worked the way I described... I say it's broken because not every shard has a Trammel and people who DON'T PvP on these shards enjoy going to Felucca cities.

Maybe Siege should be different... but, when they designed the invasion/crimson dragon faction event... I thought they were going to keep the Good factions versus Evil factions thing going... not just turn the GZ's off, as that's just cutting short the potential for fun we could of otherwise had with this...

It also makes just ONE more reason to want to do factions and make a difference in your 'world'

*shrugs*

Actually once again your wrong...On trammel shards, since the beginning of the event there has been NO GUARD ZONES IN FEL WARZONES AKA THE 8 FACTION TOWNS!

The guards where dropped TRAMMEL side for the fighting of the invasion...they havent benn guards in FEL WARZONES for an age now. In the last patch notes they stated they would not be re-introducing the guardzones in fel faction towns...so no...its not broken, its working exactly as they intended and implemented.

And "not all shards have trammel"...there is only 1shard that doesnt have trammel! Even Mugen has trammel!

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would change it back to having guard zones. Now it's just another empty part of Fel.
Jhelom, Serps and Occllo are fine but they aren't the same as my home town Skara Brae.

R

rieley

Whew

One of my off chars just got the cloak of humility. Had no idea there were no guards on duty in Fel anymore! See, what you dont know...wont hurt you!

BR, start a police force in Alantic please?

Dendra